Wrestling Forum banner

141 - 160 of 2990 Posts

·
Registered
5,811 Posts

On this day, Ricky Steamboat defeated Rick Rude in a 30 minute Iron Man match at Beach Blast 1992 from the Civic Center in Mobile, Alabama.

- Vic
Rick Rude on his game was the shit. Hell, Rick Rude period was the shit. If Im a babyface: I know if I work Rude we are gonna have good heat going in to reflect well on me, I know Rude is a consumate pro so we should have a solid match and my injury risk is real low. Must've been a pleasure to see his name next to yours as a babyface looking at the night's card.

Anyay, came in here to say Sami Zayn while he can sell snow to an eskimo those hands he just threw on Owens were second-run HBK level. oof.

Reactions: Vic Capri

·
Le Champion
18,718 Posts
This Reigns/Rollins is a really weird match to me.
Is it because Rollins isn't wrestling like a heel at all? I think they have really good chemistry, but the character dynamics don't seem to be aligned the right way.

·
Custom User Title
15,224 Posts
Is it because Rollins isn't wrestling like a heel at all? I think they have really good chemistry, but the character dynamics don't seem to be aligned the right way.
That's probably mostt of it, yeah. Reigns started out dominating and it came off as way more malicious than most babyface stuff. The only time Rollins felt like an actual heel was when he rolled out of the ring, and when he had the sleeper. Hopefully they really are angling for a double turn.

·
NOTORIOUS
6,837 Posts
I'm loving these Reigns/Rollins matches. Weird dynamic with Rollins being a heel going into them and working the matches as a face and the opposite for Reigns, but it shows Reigns is a much, much better heel.

***3/4 for their Raw match.

Also *** for Owens/Zayn. Fun little brawl. I think those two might have a Last Man Standing match before being separated at the draft.

·
Premium Member
32,163 Posts
I wasn't expecting to watch this show until the weekend but alas. Nothing really good that I'd recommend tbh and yet again the feeling of wins and losses or anything really mattering continues to plague shows. Ambrose is champion now. So what. He got his turn with the prop. Good for him. 4 was nothing really. New Day promos are one of the best things to come out of WWE this decade. Anderson/Gallows feel like nothing fall guys in WWE. I'll be somewhat surprised if Enzo and Cass are still together this time next year even though it's so fucking obvious they should be lifers as a team but you can tell that Vince is all about Cass and is just biding his time before pushing him on his own. The show went an extra half an hour and I'm pretty sure they paced the show like they did because of Game 7 which is odd in the Network era when you don't have to watch live. AJ/Cena I'm 90% sure was positioned to start exactly at HT and then the main event was made sure to start after the game. Divas match was pretty bad. I think Charlotte wrestles up or down to the quality of the match she's in. Dana looks very small next to Charlotte which is odd given WWE philosophy. Sheamus/Crews was just nothing. Nobody cared at all. Crews is odd. You'd think WWE would be all over him but he's really done nothing at all including his NXT run. For some reason they presented him as they would Kallisto working against Sheamus and even gave him the fluke roll up finish that gets nobody over. I caught the summary of the end of the pre-show matches and Goldust was happier than anyone else on this show to win his match. AJ/Cena I really liked for the first 15 or so minutes. Mike comparing it to a 2000's title match from Japan is so on the money that I'm annoyed I didn't make the comparison myself. Really loved this to begin with because they were telling an actual story that I was invested in and telling it really well. Then it turned into trading finishers and kicking out of them and I lost everything that I had invested in it. Would have been awesome if the AA was protected and Cena couldn't put AJ away with it but literally everyone bar Rusev kicks out of so it's just so what and you're a dumbass if you're shocked by it. Styles Clash kickout has to be a running gag backstage. Mike is bang on about the finish too. It's just why do I bother watching because they do it so often. And then when they don't like in the main event it just does more harm to the top guy losing clean because every other time they're protected so why wasn't Roman. Political hit that's why. MITB match was blah. That Cesaro springboard spot was insane. All these guys taking suplexes onto ladders and it meaning as much as an arm drag bump are dumbasses. Just say no because it could do so much damage for literally no reward. You're not getting a push because you were willing to take a suplex on a ladder along with 5 other guys in the same match. At least take something somewhat memorable like the Michinoku Driver spot. Which actually was just as dumb because FUCK and really the risk is nowhere near being worth the reward which is still like none because this isn't 2000 anymore and that spot isn't making you something you weren't before and nobody is talking about this time next month let alone next decade. Ambrose won and I guess it served a purpose but really who cares. The MITB gimmick is kinda dead at this stage too and it feels like a chore for WWE to do something with every year. Rusev/Titus was fun but basically an extended squash where they never even pretended to try to make Titus look like anything. Also they had Mega Dad Titus lose on Fathers Day with his kids sitting front row. Yay for the good guys. Rollins/Reigns was good but also blah because I didn't care. Another good Reigns match and performance though in which he had a better performance than the so called wrestler heads and shoulders above him. Spear-Pedigree counter looked lousy in real time but slowed down actually looked kinda cool in a way that never should have been possible. Reigns has his out that he had Rollins beaten but really Rollins should have set the finish up with a low blow or something while the ref was down/distracted because at the end of the day it was a clean pin and Reigns is gonna look all sorts of bitchy when he moans about it. Ambrose is champ but he won't be for long and even if he is who cares. He's fucking terrible and he'll be a comedy geek champion. Take a shot for everytime JBL said lunatic in the last 5 minutes of the show and see if you live to tell the tale. Shield 3 way feels like something that is way better on paper than in reality. The reality of it isn't all that special imo but it's a main event and it's something different I suppose. But really who compares about anything. Some guys won, some guys lost. Some matches were bad, some were good. The show happened and another very similar show will happen next month too.

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,403 Posts
Take a shot for everytime JBL said lunatic in the last 5 minutes of the show and see if you live to tell the tale.
:lmao Insert about another 12 repeated catchphrases that he says and take a shot for each of those and even a years worth of AA meetings wouldn't be able to save you from becoming a full blown alcoholic.

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
Did I hear the words "DEAN AMBROSE IS WWE CHAMPION"?????? :mark:

Also....

WWE World Heavyweight Champion Dean Ambrose vs. Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins (Triple Threat Match)

@IT'S VADER TIME Summerslam has came early for us! :woo :woo :woo
... of course they couldn't wait for SummerSlam instead.

·
Le Champion
18,718 Posts
Did I hear the words "DEAN AMBROSE IS WWE CHAMPION"?????? :mark:

Also....

... of course they couldn't wait for SummerSlam instead.
All those threads booking this as a big WM match.

Yup.........
This makes me feel like they're getting separated after the draft, saying whoever the champ is might be by himself, ya know? Either way this really makes you wonder what they have planned for Summerslam, because I have no idea to this point unless Triple H gets involved in this match and... does something. :p

Looks like they're also pulling the trigger on Charlotte vs. Sasha. This is great!

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,403 Posts
This makes me feel like they're getting separated after the draft, saying whoever the champ is might be by himself, ya know? Either way this really makes you wonder what they have planned for Summerslam, because I have no idea to this point unless Triple H gets involved in this match and... does something. :p

Looks like they're also pulling the trigger on Charlotte vs. Sasha. This is great!
So this could also mean Lesnar going back into the title picture too?

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
Called that "lets immediately do it the night after" rematch of Reigns vs Rollins. Not like that was an accomplishment. We all can dictate where WWE will go on stuff like this. They really should keep some of these matches exclusive so they don't all eventually begin to get stale like every other program does. Which is why Cena vs Machine Gun being nothing was actually a good thing. Save it. (even if Anderson is practically a nobody at this rate)

·
Registered
5,678 Posts

There have been programs between people separated by drafts before, dude. You find a good reason, you have a good excuse.

And, unless they're bringing in Bayley, CHARLOTTE VS SASHA SHOULD ALSO BE SAVED FOR SUMMERSLAM. Not fucking Battleground or whatever. This is giving me deja vu of that year when they almost blew their load too early and put nearly the entire planned SS card on Battleground, and SS wound up being a lot of rematches.

·
NO PAIN!
5,277 Posts
Fuck at this point I hope they blow their entire wad at Battleground. Bring in Brock. Bring in CM Punk. I've got fucking tickets, my girlfriend just bought them for my Bday, so I'm stoked!

Haven't been to a WWE PPV since Eddie died. This should be a real treat.

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
I wish I could carry mine to any WWE PPV. Tis what I get for living in a broke ass Euro country :(

But hey, at least I have my own wads to satisfy her 8*D

·
Le Champion
18,718 Posts
There have been programs between people separated by drafts before, dude. You find a good reason, you have a good excuse.

And, unless they're bringing in Bayley, CHARLOTTE VS SASHA SHOULD ALSO BE SAVED FOR SUMMERSLAM. Not fucking Battleground or whatever. This is giving me deja vu of that year when they almost blew their load too early and put nearly the entire planned SS card on Battleground, and SS wound up being a lot of rematches.
That was only me trying to justify why they'd run the triple threat match already. I don't really care as much as others for the long term plan or what they do after the draft, because I certainly want them to go all out at Battleground. Give me the 3 way, give me Charlotte/Sasha, give me the Owens/Zayn blowoff, give me everything they got!

What year are you referring to? Most of the Battleground cards have been pretty average and not really translated to Summerslam directly.

Fuck at this point I hope they blow their entire wad at Battleground. Bring in Brock. Bring in CM Punk. I've got fucking tickets, my girlfriend just bought them for my Bday, so I'm stoked!

Haven't been to a WWE PPV since Eddie died. This should be a real treat.
What was the last PPV you went to?

141 - 160 of 2990 Posts