Wrestling Forum banner

121 - 140 of 2987 Posts

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
I actually remember that one. (not that I won't try and watch it, too) Mostly b/c mid 07, through 08 I kept wanting Noble to get a push of any kind out of the TV exposure he was receiving. Thinking a competitive match vs Mysterio on Smackdown meant good things for him. 17 year old me reaching for the stars.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Gonna ponder if that's for heel purposes or b/c Noble is too country to spell a name properly. :lmao

·
NOTORIOUS
6,837 Posts
That tag title match was such a mess. Lol.

Ziggler vs. Corbin...never again. Decent match but never again.

·
NOTORIOUS
6,837 Posts
He did a good job protecting Ziggler on the botch on the steps. I've seen them work enough though.

This show is fucking dreadful considering the hype it got. It's a special Sunday night network edition of Raw up to this point.

·
Registered
5,811 Posts
I was actually REALLY surprised (in a pleasant way) by Corbin/Ziggler. Corbin looked fantastic.
Well, I really enjoyed the opening section of that (Dolph Ziggler telling a story and not going through the exact carbon copy motions he has developed for going on three years? cue the Farnsworth Whaaaa. Wish that little story of Dolph using his amateur background along the lines of his technical wrestling request to try and get Corbin down but Corbin is too big so ultimately Dolph loses would've been the constant story: but alas they broke that off unfortunately to do the same ol Ziggler shit albeit I liked Corbin's offense in this one. Steve Austin preaches you can have the most technical punch in the world but that isn't gonna register in the cheap seats the way a Hansen haymaker or Funk/Dusty jab would. Well, I heard those Corbin punches from my tv set loud and clear for sure! Nice to see a guy not treat the ref as invisible for once too. Kudos to Corbin there.

Sit back gentlemen we are in for a hell of a contest here I imagine.

·
Le Champion
18,652 Posts
Really wish that Cena/Styles finish would've been executed better. It felt way too easy imo. No drama in the pin. Other than that, excellent match. I clearly want more though and we should hopefully get it.

·
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
5,600 Posts
Third fantastic match on the supercard for Reigns. Despite being perceived as the lesser quality wrestler against Styles and Rollins, he held his own vs Styles and was imo the superior performer tonight. **** for that.

John Cena also looked great despite some bits of rust. Styles also (obviously) performed and the match succeeded in leaving me wanting more. Probably like ***1/2.

Nothing else really stood out. Divas match was the worst match of WWE supercards in 2016 and I really can't get myself into MitB matches.

·
NOTORIOUS
6,837 Posts
I THINK I DIED AND WENT TO HEAVEN. Ambrose FINALLY wins the title after Rollins pins Reigns clean. I can't remember the last time I marked so hard.

Golden Truth vs. FaBreeze - *3/4
The Dudley Boyz vs. Lucha Dragons - **
New Day vs. Enzo & Cass vs. Vaudes vs. The Club - **1/2
Ziggler vs. Corbin - **1/4
Charlotte/Brooke vs. Becky/Natalya - *1/2
Sheamus vs. Crews - **1/4
Styles vs. Cena - ****
Money in the Bank - ****
Rusev vs. Titus - NA (switched to watch Curry do the job)
Rollins vs. Reigns - ****1/4

·
Le Champion
18,652 Posts
Corbin/Ziggler - *** 1/4
Sheamus/Crews - ** 3/4 (I can't really remember anything that happened early in the match though :lol)
Cena vs. Styles - **** (low end 4* because I was meh on the finish)
MITB Ladder Match - *** 1/2 (this fucking match gave me anxiety watching everyone climb slow as shit. A bit too long and I didn't feel any drama whatsoever to the finish)
Reigns vs. Rollins - **** (hesitant, need to rewatch because of that CAVS emotion)

Rest of the show was either skippable or I didn't watch (Rusev/Titus). Honestly though Cena/Styles was the only thing that had my full attention because of Game 7. :p

·
Ho!
17,552 Posts
Fatal Four Way Tag - **1/2
Styles vs. Cena - ***3/4
MITB Ladder Match - ***1/2
Rollins/Reigns - ***

Rollins/Reigns was made a bit more interesting by Reigns' acting like a heel at certain points. Some cool near-falls as well added to an otherwise lackluster match made this a good solid match as a whole.

Styles/Cena was my MOTN. Only issue I have with the finish is that it makes it seem like Reigns took all of Cena's super kick-out powers. Reigns' took what Cena did and so much more, and ends up beating AJ. Besides that, no issue with that and it was bound to happen in some fashion like that.

MITB was great. Not the best one, but it had some sick spots and a great winner. Tag Title match was solid. The rest of the card I didn't care about (was happy Rusev retained the title, but the match itself with Titus was forgettable).

·
Le Champion
18,652 Posts
Well, just bought tickets for Battleground. Tonight's finish convinced me enough to spend the dough. Holding out some hope that we get the Shield 3 way in the main event and another Cena/Styles bout, but half of that that just seems too good to be true. :lol

Either way, first PPV in DC in 5 years and the first PPV off of the new brand split, so I'm excited. Possibly getting Wyatt and Orton returning would just be a bonus.

·
Registered
5,811 Posts
Corbin/Ziggler - *** 1/4
Sheamus/Crews - ** 3/4 (I can't really remember anything that happened early in the match though :lol)
Cena vs. Styles - **** (low end 4* because I was meh on the finish)
MITB Ladder Match - *** 1/2 (this fucking match gave me anxiety watching everyone climb slow as shit. A bit too long and I didn't feel any drama whatsoever to the finish)
Reigns vs. Rollins - **** (hesitant, need to rewatch because of that CAVS emotion)

Rest of the show was either skippable or I didn't watch (Rusev/Titus). Honestly though Cena/Styles was the only thing that had my full attention because of Game 7. :p
Yeah take Cena/Styles I down a good amount and slightly lower Reigns/Rollins (exceeded my expectations. **** is my base "great match" mark and I thought it fell short of that but it was a fun, solid contest for sure) and these echoes my feelings. Match wise nothing fantastic but passable in the ring this evening and the main thing for me at least is that we have a coherent story and some chance taking to fuel some discussion and interest for future Raws which has been missing for some time.

I really hope with WWE giving Ambrose the go ahead to enter their ace tier that we get more consistent Dean booking and most importantly far less campy performance. If Dean can embrace this new role and elevate to the best work of his career with a new seriousness ala imo. Honest Man Jericho or at least Shield/pre-leaving for movie level work: I'd be happy with that.

·
Le Champion
18,652 Posts
Yeah, we need the 2014 taped shoulder Dean to return. Unfortunately I don't see this title reign lasting very long. Summerslam at the max but Dean in the main event of that show seems pretty shaky unless they go with the 3 way there (then idk what the hell happens with Lesnar).

Interesting note, all 3 members of the Shield held the WWE Championship in the same day today. Pretty neat.

·
NO PAIN!
5,277 Posts
Well, just bought tickets for Battleground. Tonight's finish convinced me enough to spend the dough. Holding out some hope that we get the Shield 3 way in the main event and another Cena/Styles bout, but half of that that just seems too good to be true. :lol

Either way, first PPV in DC in 5 years and the first PPV off of the new brand split, so I'm excited. Possibly getting Wyatt and Orton returning would just be a bonus.
I'll be there too brother! Haven't seen MitB yet, Finals were on and all that, but last night sounds like it was a great event and I can't pass up on the first DC PPV in 5 years!

·
NOTORIOUS
6,837 Posts
Yeah, we need the 2014 taped shoulder Dean to return. Unfortunately I don't see this title reign lasting very long. Summerslam at the max but Dean in the main event of that show seems pretty shaky unless they go with the 3 way there (then idk what the hell happens with Lesnar).

Interesting note, all 3 members of the Shield held the WWE Championship in the same day today. Pretty neat.
Shield triple-threat
Cena/Styles
Lesnar/Wyatt

·
ゴゴゴゴゴゴ&#
3,168 Posts
I've only watched the MITB bank and the Rollins/Reigns match. Both were really good with the MITB match having some fun spots (that Michinoku Driver on Owens onto the ladder GOT DAMN) and the Rollins/Reigns match having good psychology and storytelling with Rollins trying to win the title he never lost and Reigns trying to validate his title reign. That Seth catching Reigns mid-air for the Pedigree was the spot of the match. Holy shit was that cool lol

I was surprised that Seth won clean but I was most surprised at Ambrose actually winning the MITB and cashing it in on the same night and actually winning the title. As an Ambrose fan that was awesome to see and it'll be interesting how this title picture with Ambrose/Reigns/Rollins will go. Shield Triple Threat match at Summerslam? Yes please :mark:

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
Highlight of the PPV was the start of Rusev vs Titus.

Not fucking surprised.

LOL @ the ending. Company is in shambles.

121 - 140 of 2987 Posts