Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 2988 Posts

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Indeed it is Kenny. :mark:

Just noticed the edit to say 2009 Superstars are up there too. That I didn't know. I think there's a great Finlay vs Knox match lying around at the end of the year. Could be wrong, but I think it might have happened. Losing my touch. *grabs notebook of results*

·
Le Champion
18,652 Posts
WWE would be smart to capitalize on this UFC 200 money train and put Brock in the main event for Summerslam to get some more eyes on it, which they've now publicly said will be his return date. How we get there will be up to them, but I for sure would be interested in a Lesnar vs. Reigns vs. Rollins main event. Technically a Wrestlemania rematch and we can get a clear cut winner after Rollins entered himself into Wrestlemania and then Taker ruined the singles match at Battleground.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I've been saying Reigns vs Brock II is going to be the SummerSlam main event for a while now. I don't see how Rollins is put into that, especially when he's p. much a lock going to take a loss come MITB. (unless it ends dirty and they drag it out to Battleground, lolz)

Reigns getting the W over Lesnar is the final piece of the puzzle left to accomplish. That's where the story has taken us.

·
Premium Member
32,163 Posts
So in 2016 we've had Kevin Steen vs El Generico on a WWE PPV, AJ Styles working back-to-back main event programs with the 2 top WWE babybfaces, Shinsuke Nakamura signing for WWE, Samoa Joe holding a WWE title, James Storm wrestling for WWE without signing a contract, Bobby Roode and Kota Ibushi all appearing on WWE TV, The Rock wrestling at Wrestlemania, thumbtacks in a WWE match, a Brand Split, Shane McMahon vs Undertaker in HIAC at Wrestlemania with Shane jumping off the top of the cell, a squash match on Raw against local jobbers, Cody Rhodes quitting, Damien Sandow getting released, Titus O'Neil getting a 90 day suspension for goofing around, Daniel Bryan retired, Eva Marie had a match at Wrestlemania quite frankly not far below the quality of match Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns each had, the Women had the MOTN at a Wrestlemania, a near 1 hour match on WWE TV and Austin Aries signing with WWE.

Oh and Steve Lombardi got released.

AND NOW BROCK LESNAR IS WORKING UFC UNDER WWE CONTRACT.

Well you can't say it's a boring year if nothing else.

Oh and on that note I watched the AJ/Cena angle from Raw yesterday and it was really good. Cena's promo before AJ came out was brilliant. I don't exactly watch promos anymore unless I feel I really need to see them or they happen on a PPV but whenever I catch a Cena promo it's really fucking great. He had one during the Owens feud last year that was a legit all time great promo. AJ/Cena chants were great too. Loved how they started off really tame but they just allowed it to build into a great moment. Shout out to the guy in the front row who switched sides halfway through it too. Oh and then the same crowd who were so hot for the stand off then start giving AJ the what treatment literally as soon as he starts talking. Wrestling crowds everyone. Turn was well done as they pretty much set AJ/Cena vs Gallows/Anderson up perfectly but then also set Cena vs The Club up perfectly at the same time. HATED HATED HATED HATED the camerawork though. Good god almighty what the fuck was that. Legit made me feel giddy watching it and absolutely killed the angle from that point on for me. It's like some kid discovering WordArt on Publisher and whoring the fuck out of it on everything to the point where his school essay is shaped like an octagon with a multi-colour shadow and nobody knows what the fuck it's supposed to be anymore. Really hope the match isn't like the Cena/Owens series but I suspect it will be.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So in 2016 we've had Kevin Steen vs El Generico on a WWE PPV, AJ Styles working back-to-back main event programs with the 2 top WWE babybfaces, Shinsuke Nakamura signing for WWE, Samoa Joe holding a WWE title, James Storm wrestling for WWE without signing a contract, Bobby Roode and Kota Ibushi all appearing on WWE TV, The Rock wrestling at Wrestlemania, thumbtacks in a WWE match, a Brand Split, Shane McMahon vs Undertaker in HIAC at Wrestlemania with Shane jumping off the top of the cell, a squash match on Raw against local jobbers, Cody Rhodes quitting, Damien Sandow getting released, Titus O'Neil getting a 90 day suspension for goofing around, Daniel Bryan retired, Eva Marie had a match at Wrestlemania quite frankly not far below the quality of match Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns each had, the Women had the MOTN at a Wrestlemania, a near 1 hour match on WWE TV and Austin Aries signing with WWE.

Oh and Steve Lombardi got released.

AND NOW BROCK LESNAR IS WORKING UFC UNDER WWE CONTRACT.

Well you can't say it's a boring year if nothing else.

Oh and on that note I watched the AJ/Cena angle from Raw yesterday and it was really good. Cena's promo before AJ came out was brilliant. I don't exactly watch promos anymore unless I feel I really need to see them or they happen on a PPV but whenever I catch a Cena promo it's really fucking great. He had one during the Owens feud last year that was a legit all time great promo. AJ/Cena chants were great too. Loved how they started off really tame but they just allowed it to build into a great moment. Shout out to the guy in the front row who switched sides halfway through it too. Oh and then the same crowd who were so hot for the stand off then start giving AJ the what treatment literally as soon as he starts talking. Wrestling crowds everyone. Turn was well done as they pretty much set AJ/Cena vs Gallows/Anderson up perfectly but then also set Cena vs The Club up perfectly at the same time. HATED HATED HATED HATED the camerawork though. Good god almighty what the fuck was that. Legit made me feel giddy watching it and absolutely killed the angle from that point on for me. It's like some kid discovering WordArt on Publisher and whoring the fuck out of it on everything to the point where his school essay is shaped like an octagon with a multi-colour shadow and nobody knows what the fuck it's supposed to be anymore. Really hope the match isn't like the Cena/Owens series but I suspect it will be.
Don't forget hornswoggle was also released, 8 years too late

·
Registered
68 Posts
With no backstory assistance, Shinsuke Nakmura and Sami Zayn still put on a classic affair. It was a tremendously problematic undertaking, yet these two virtuosos constructed something exquisite in spite of no story to play off. It is one of the greatest exhibition matches ever. Nakamura effortlessly adjusted to NXT’s style and made it look like he had wrestled Zayn an infinite amount of times. These two had astounding chemistry, possessing the same vision and direction of where they wanted to take the match and placing the crowd in the palm of their hands. The crowd just went on for the unforeseeable ride, filled with twists and turns and peaks and valleys. The chain wrestling to start was crisp and smooth, transitioning and setting up the match’s pace so effortlessly.

The match was built on showmanship with both wrestlers trying to outperform the other in every facet. It manufactured into an exquisite “anything you can do, I can do better” seesaw battle with unbridled intensity, hard-hitting strikes, breathtaking spots, blistering sequences, and top-of-the-line athleticism. You name it: psychology, storytelling, physicality, selling, pacing, timing, moves, chemistry, high spots, building to the crescendo; it is all here. **** 3/4

·
Registered
681 Posts
Despite not being a fan of Zayn, the match with Nakamura was great. I will say though, the crowd got a bit annoying to me with all the chants. I'm sure I'm the only one who feels that way or one of the few, but I recall the crowd taking me out of the match a bit with the constant chanting. Was still a great match, I need to rematch it again to refresh my mind but I'd be somewhere around the **** 1/4, ****1/2 range.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Despite not being a fan of Zayn, the match with Nakamura was great. I will say though, the crowd got a bit annoying to me with all the chants. I'm sure I'm the only one who feels that way or one of the few, but I recall the crowd taking me out of the match a bit with the constant chanting. Was still a great match, I need to rematch it again to refresh my mind but I'd be somewhere around the **** 1/4, ****1/2 range.
All due respect, I don't understand how anyone could dislike Zayn. He's the best pure white-meat babyface in who knows how long. His selling abilities are unparalleled, possessing some of the most realistic and sympathetic facial expressions and body language to the point where it is palpable, as you can feel his "discomfort".

·
Le Champion
18,652 Posts
I've been saying Reigns vs Brock II is going to be the SummerSlam main event for a while now. I don't see how Rollins is put into that, especially when he's p. much a lock going to take a loss come MITB. (unless it ends dirty and they drag it out to Battleground, lolz)

Reigns getting the W over Lesnar is the final piece of the puzzle left to accomplish. That's where the story has taken us.
Oh I could absolutely see Roman/Lesnar II happening, I just didn't know what else to do with Rollins unless they pull the trigger on the match with Triple H.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
They seem intent on keeping Rollins heel, so even that feels doubtful. (who knows w/the way plans can change in WWE, though) They could pull something out their ass just to give something for Rollins to win. idk a random program vs Bray is something fresh, if the latter does stick as a babyface. I'm going WAY off base here, only b/c I can't see how they would justify yet another PPV match vs Cena or Ambrose.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I have no real reason why I don't care for him. I think it's mainly the character, just the happy go lucky babyface. I can't get behind him, however I respect his in ring ability and don't question it, just simply don't care for him. I don't hate him or anything by any means, but I wouldn't go out of my way to watch him.

Edit: This is a response to Kyle, I'm not sure how to quote on mobile.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I'm trying to find a way to figure this perception out, alas, it's completely foreign to me.

something as random as this image leaves me giddy. :cozy

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I have no real reason why I don't care for him. I think it's mainly the character, just the happy go lucky babyface. I can't get behind him, however I respect his in ring ability and don't question it, just simply don't care for him. I don't hate him or anything by any means, but I wouldn't go out of my way to watch him.

Edit: This is a response to Kyle, I'm not sure how to quote on mobile.
What faces do you care for?

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I should have started the RAW 2004 watches at the start of the year, but I opted for the night after SummerSlam b/c a lot of the Fall stuff I missed when it aired. Plus knowing I begin w/the excellent Benoit vs Orton match that makes up for their flat PPV match is as good of a place as any.

·
Registered
681 Posts
To be completely honest I don't really care for many at all at the moment, mainly because I'm playing catchup from when I quit watching back in 2010/2011, currently on 2012. I watch bits of Raw and have been watching some NXT shows on the Network, I don't watch SD. With that said I just haven't gotten invested into much of these new (to me) talent. Some that I like to at least somewhat answer your question, AJ (was a fan from 04 when I first saw TNA), Joe (same as AJ), Nakamura (I'm not that fond of his work, but when he was being hyped before his debut I checked out some clips and is match with AJ in NJPW I believe it was, I like his charisma and style, and he has that aura about him), Lesnar was always a favorite, and those are the few as of right now that I'm enjoying.

41 - 60 of 2988 Posts