Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Friends Come And Go,Banners Hang Forever
25,684 Posts
Re: Mass Effect 3 Official Thread- Because having sex with two aliens wasn't enough

So one of the major planets will be earth...I guess that's cool. The only thing I've always wondered about this is how in the fuck are we suppose to fight or even take out the entire race of reapers when we barely could the thing in the first one and the "baby" human reaper was incomplete and still could .... shit.

I know BioWare are good writers and will somehow make this work, but I don't think there will be much combat against the actual reapers.

·
Banned
9,124 Posts
Re: Mass Effect 3 Official Thread- Because having sex with two aliens wasn't enough

I'm pretty excited about the game. The trailer really makes it seem like at least a good majority of the game will take place on earth, which is fine with me as long as Bioware does it right. Quite honestly, I don't think another game of the same kind of space-exploration will change much about the series. I'm actually glad Bioware isn't afraid to keep trying new things. Just stay away from making it seem like a CoD/GoW knock-off please.

Other than that, I really hope the online multiplayer deals with the second Geth/Quarian war that was teased in ME2, and NOT between humans and whatever foot soldiers the Reapers have on earth. Between the Geth and Quarians, those two species are so amazingly customizable and upgradable, it would be a damn shame if this wasn't the case. Just look at how different all those Quarians looked on the main Flotilla ship in ME2. Bioware should really seize this opportunity to branch off from the main storyline and create two completely different plots within the same universe. Then there's no way you could argue Mass Effect is indeed the most expanded universe in gaming history. They could just hold of until ME4 to explain who actually won the war, and just let all of us fight it out on ME3.

As for battling the fucking Reapers on foot... I dunno how Bioware plans on making that work, but I would imagine a lot of it would involve actually going inside the damn things. After all, Saren (my favorite character from the ME series, woop woop) used to cruise around in one of them, so who knows.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts

I dont think Me3 will have online, Bioware always said they will do more in the universe. save it for those games

·
Rated PG
3,485 Posts

Electronic Arts has clarified to IGN saying Mass Effect 3 will launch simultaneously on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC next Holiday. The debut trailer from last night's Video Game Awards show did not mention specific platforms.

The series has previously seen exclusive launches on PC and Xbox 360. PlayStation 3 owners had to wait nearly an entire year to play Mass Effect 2. The second title launches on Jan. 18, 2011 in North America and Jan 18. in Europe.

The first Mass Effect will remain exclusive to Xbox 360 and PC.
IGN

Great news IMO.

·
Friends Come And Go,Banners Hang Forever
25,684 Posts

Great news except that PS3 users won't have their save files because we don't even get the first game.

·
EIRE
15,862 Posts

Words cannot express how I want this game. What a perfect holiday gift for myself. For the world, realistically.

And fuck online. I doubt it could happen, but if they focus too much on online this time around and some other areas of the single player start to suffer then I will freak the fuck out. I am so tired of online gaming shitting on single player gaming and it better not happen to the greatest series of games of all time. Realistically though, if they just gave me ME 2 with the story of ME 3 around it I still would be 100% happy.

·
Registered
12,078 Posts

I'm estatic about this. I'm currently playing ME2 on insanity. This shall be great no doubt about it. I would like to the previous relationships with other character go a bit further. And I don't want this to go online multiplayer, but I'm not opposed to offline co-op.

BTW, I was thinking about getting Dragon Age: Origins. How great is it? How is the combat? Should I wait for the sequel?

·
King James
3,332 Posts

I think I just jizzed in my pants after watching the trailer.

I'm hoping the Rachni queen you set free or killed in the first one will play a part in the third one. Cause I didn't wanna free her for no reason!

·
Banned
9,124 Posts

I think I just jizzed in my pants after watching the trailer.

I'm hoping the Rachni queen you set free or killed in the first one will play a part in the third one. Cause I didn't wanna free her for no reason!
Maybe bring in some Rachni to help you fight on earth?

I would think so, considering they owe their entire existence to humanity anyways.

·
Hunter of Invisible Game
37,904 Posts

I'm estatic about this. I'm currently playing ME2 on insanity. This shall be great no doubt about it. I would like to the previous relationships with other character go a bit further. And I don't want this to go online multiplayer, but I'm not opposed to offline co-op.

BTW, I was thinking about getting Dragon Age: Origins. How great is it? How is the combat? Should I wait for the sequel?
I still need to play Mass Effect 2. Damn one game series on XBox i'd care to play.

DA: O plays almost exactly like the Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic game. I've put far more time into Dragon Age this past year compared to anything else so obviously I enjoy it. Most people seem too like it but prefer the Mass Effect series.

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,463 Posts

Cannot wait. I would love it if Sheppard led a human, asari, quarian, krogan, geth, arachni, and Elcor army against the Reapers.

Excitement: I cannot wait.
Anger: I wish it would be sooner.
Humor: I would laugh if they pushed back the PS3 version.

Edit: Omega, get Dragon Age: Origins for PC. Trust me, don't get it for consoles.

·
Hunter of Invisible Game
37,904 Posts

It works fine for consoles but after seeing how much easier the interface is on the PC version I have to agree with Meganerd.

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,463 Posts

There's a reason why GameInformer gave DA:O on the PC a 9.5/10 and the console version an 8/10. I remember the console review started with "I first thought, is this the same game I played a few weeks ago?"

Yeah, GameRankings has the PC version at 90.51% and the 360 and PS3 versions at 86.85% and 86.28%. Noticeable difference. MetaCritic even has the PC version at 91 and the 360 and PS3 versions at 86 and 87.

·
Hunter of Invisible Game
37,904 Posts

Yeah I get that but its not like the game doesn't run properly on a console. That being said in retrospect I do now wish I had just bought it for PC but I still have no problem with the game on PS3.

·
Registered
12,078 Posts

Thanks guys. Although now hearing that Dragon Age is better on the PC has me a bit worried. The game still works well on the consoles, doesn't it?

·
Super Moderator
19,328 Posts

I still need to play Mass Effect 2. Damn one game series on XBox i'd care to play.

DA: O plays almost exactly like the Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic game. I've put far more time into Dragon Age this past year compared to anything else so obviously I enjoy it. Most people seem too like it but prefer the Mass Effect series.
I need to give it another shot as well. I was about a quarter into it when Red Dead came out and once that happened I put Mass Effect to the side. I enjoyed what I little I had played of the game so I really need to get back to it.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts

I've never played any of the Mass Effect games, but i'm willing to give the series a try cause that trailer was so epic.But is it really worth it though?Seeing as i'm really not into "Futuristic, Space, Galaxy" type of thing.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts