Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 3249 Posts

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
So I was just taking a look at New Japan's upcoming schedule. They have Dontaku on May 3rd but also Toyonokuni on April 29th. This doesn't seem to be a 'road to' show so what is it?

·
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
5,601 Posts
So I was just taking a look at New Japan's upcoming schedule. They have Dontaku on May 3rd but also Toyonokuni on April 29th. This doesn't seem to be a 'road to' show so what is it?
Rosters are stacked. I'd bet they are trying to create two big money shows to showcase all talent. One headlined by Naito/Juice and the other headlined by Omega/Ishii and Okada/Fale.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Long term they probably want to build up to Heavyweight, IC, Never and Jr. Heavyweight titles headlining separate shows depending on their size.

·
I did nothing wrong
8,909 Posts
Its stretching apart cards for extra profit, like WWE having a PPV every 2 weeks. This has been their idea for a couple of years. It's horrendous for anyone wanting a worthwhile card, but whatever.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Long term they probably want to build up to Heavyweight, IC, Never and Jr. Heavyweight titles headlining separate shows depending on their size.
Pretty much. Pretty smart. Gives other guys some shine. Right now the roster is stacked so it makes sense while the talent is there.

I enjoyed Fale's NJ cup main event, so I'm interested to see what Okada can pull out of him. Fale can be ok when he wants to be. Could be his chance to prove he can go to that next level.

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
I don't know what happened to the other thread or why it took me 5ever to find this thread but glad I did!

·
Locker Room Leader
12,104 Posts
Motherfucking NastyYaffa making me cry with almost every post of his on this thread :fuckthis :vincecry :mj2

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Oh, fair enough.

I also found out today that Tiger Mask W is Kota Ibushi. I had absolutely no idea and I just Googled his name to see what he was up to these days. Amazing.

I started watching the 4.22 Road To Dontaku show earlier so I'll finish that off later. I absolutely love this company.

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
Oh, fair enough.

I also found out today that Tiger Mask W is Kota Ibushi. I had absolutely no idea and I just Googled his name to see what he was up to these days. Amazing.

I started watching the 4.22 Road To Dontaku show earlier so I'll finish that off later. I absolutely love this company.
It's his Human form. Tiger Mask W is the real form. :wink2:

61 - 80 of 3249 Posts