Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 387 Posts

·
SMILEY GOD
17,016 Posts
Nothing has gone right for him personal and career wise, so I get the feeling he wants out now. I think he realises he made a mistake and probably thinks fondly back to Barca when he was happy and with his mates (Messi and Suarez).
Think that was the case even last summer. The numbers are astronomical though. There's also still an ongoing court case about Barcelona withholding a 25 million loyalty bonus.

Now that we know both parties are ready for Neymar to go, who knows though.

·
Suzuki-gun
10,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Cannot believe I've allowed Real Madrid to rebuild, and Barca to get Neymar, under my watch as Lord Commander of the Summer Transfer Thread

Two of my mortal enemies have strengthened considerably and it's not even July

I feel ill

·
THATS THE WALL BROTHER
21,804 Posts
for you united fans

Aaron Wan-Bissaka: Man Utd reach agreement with Crystal Palace to sign defender

Manchester United have reached an agreement with Crystal Palace to sign right-back Aaron Wan-Bissaka.

The deal is worth £50m and the 21-year-old England Under-21 international is set to travel for a medical imminently before going on holiday.

United have offered Wan-Bissaka a long-term contract and wages of up to £80,000 a week.

He is on £10,000 a week at Selhurst Park, the lowest-paid player in Palace's first-team squad.

Wan-Bissaka joined Crystal Palace academy when he was 11 and made his first-team debut in 2018.

Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been keen to bolster his squad for the new season and identified Wan-Bissaka as having the youth and speed he is looking for.

The defender had been on England duty at European Under-21 Championship but, after they were knocked out at the group stage, a deal seems set to be swiftly concluded.

If the deal is completed, Wan-Bissaka will be United's second summer signing, after 21-year-old Wales winger Daniel James joined from Swansea for £15m earlier in June.

·
SMILEY GOD
17,016 Posts
Wan Bissaka was pretty close to the best RB in the league last season (only Trent ahead of him), definitely the best defensive full back in the Premier League.

Trippier is a good player but was fucking shite last season, and Walker is just fucking shite full stop.

Exactly the sort of young talent Man Utd should be scooping up, the problem for them is they need another 6 or 7 of them :fergie

For anyone baulking at the fee - I've bought this up before but transfers stayed at around the same level for years, and it's natural that they've risen over the last few years. The best example is Real Madrid spending 75 million euros on Zidane which at the time was about 45% of their income. Man Utd clock in about 600m sterling every year, imagine them spending 45% of that now on one player. They can afford to spend 200+ million every year before any income from player sales without breaking a sweat. When they really need too (i.e. like right now), a good chunk more than that. Well, that is if the Glazer's weren't leaching so much of it :vader

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Remember when people laughed at Liverpool signing VVD for 75m?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

AWB is a great signing for United, wish we got him.

·
Sacrificed It All, To Enrich My Life For A Second!
5,047 Posts
Happy with the Wan-Bissaka deal, I was very impressed with him last season, especially when up against the bigger teams. Hardly any of the wingers could get past him as he is defensively solid and also has great recovery pace in getting back and making those well-timed, last ditch tackles. He's also not bad getting forward and this will obviously improve especially going to United (as long as we don't turn into another Mourinho defensive team). Like Seb said, he was the best defensive right back in the league and 2nd behind Trent and is a HUGE upgrade on Valencia and Young. Hopefully the latter isn't seen in that position much next season.

I'm also intrigued to see how Daniel James does in a United shirt, there's potential there but I hope this doesn't mean we're not going to target a proper right winger this summer as we still desperately need one.

Transfer window has been slow but should pick up soon and I hope we make a few more additions to the squad that is really needed; a CB, 2x CM, RW and possibly a CF. Also fingers crossed we get rid of some of the deadwood but I know we won't get rid of all of them. It'll be an interesting few weeks and this is the biggest transfer window in recent United history, just hope we get it right.

·
I forgot to update my user title again & will do s
8,988 Posts
Happy with the Wan-Bissaka deal, I was very impressed with him last season, especially when up against the bigger teams. Hardly any of the wingers could get past him as he is defensively solid and also has great recovery pace in getting back and making those well-timed, last ditch tackles. He's also not bad getting forward and this will obviously improve especially going to United (as long as we don't turn into another Mourinho defensive team). Like Seb said, he was the best defensive right back in the league and 2nd behind Trent and is a HUGE upgrade on Valencia and Young. Hopefully the latter isn't seen in that position much next season.

I'm also intrigued to see how Daniel James does in a United shirt, there's potential there but I hope this doesn't mean we're not going to target a proper right winger this summer as we still desperately need one.

Transfer window has been slow but should pick up soon and I hope we make a few more additions to the squad that is really needed; a CB, 2x CM, RW and possibly a CF. Also fingers crossed we get rid of some of the deadwood but I know we won't get rid of all of them. It'll be an interesting few weeks and this is the biggest transfer window in recent United history, just hope we get it right.

Thats almost certainly whats about to happen. Sancho was meant to be that RW for us this summer but our lack of CL, the unrest round team & general unneed for BVB to sell him this summer means he will stay their at least another season. Its 100Mplus deal anyway whenever it happens. But if we can get CL football for 20-21 season he will come here hopefully. I suspect Dalot will feature a lot on the right wing this season with AWB behind him at Rb & id not be shocked if Liard is used at rb from our youth set up fair bit to.

To me the need for a exp CB is a must though. That should be an area where go hard for asap. Our team has no leaders with any quality & experience. Lindelof could get there one day sure but not yet he needs help alongside him & i reckon Axel will step up on tour if given a fair chance & stay the season or min until Jan 2020 anyway.

I also dont expect us sign a CF this summer we operate on 1 in 1 out policy so even if we Bin 1 of Alexis or Rom or both i reckon Ole will use Marcus & Martial as 9 this season with Mason getting more mins here & there with James Mata Jesse as options on the flanks (excited about James as a pure wide player with tons of Pace & likes take fullback on & cross the latter 2 out wide yeah no thanks). Dont think seen us linked with any CF anyway well apart from Ben Yedder. Not watched much La liga in last 2/3 seasons so cant comment how his done at Sevilla or even if he would fit Ole team here.

We Still need a Ander replacment in MF which i'd like to hope is Bruno from Lisbon & long term replacment to Matic which looks like being maybe Longstaff. The real question is do we sell Pogba now or next season & if we sell him ow or 12 months from now, who do we get to replace him with?

·
SMILEY GOD
17,016 Posts
Palace sell their right back after his first full season for 50 million, putting them in a position where they're flush with cash and probably more reluctant to sell any of their big names :woy

What happens next? Arsenal swoop in straight after and offer 40 million for their talisman Wilfred Zaha :pique2

Man Utd renewing Marcus Rashford on 200k per week basic with incentives raising the figure to 300k per week, more than Harry Kane earns. Insanely over the top and daft contract. What day do they decide to do this? The day David Moyes' original 6 year contract with the club expired :moyes4

All of this confirmed by Ornstein/BBC (i.e. it's not some of the made up shite you see on here from outlets like the Daily Mirror) :sadgareth

The way these two clubs are run, you couldn't make it up :fergie :smugwenger

61 - 80 of 387 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.