Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
201 - 220 of 387 Posts

·
The Sundance Kid
18,392 Posts
Klopp is the most maddeningly stubborn guy ever. :lol Guess we're gonna have another season of praying nobody gets injured.

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts
The klopp implosion begins :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
¡Hala Madrid ⛧ Tricampeones!
1,007 Posts
Ugh another shitty game from Real. The entire team was lazy, showed no passion, no desire, no ambition, created hardly any chances, didn’t pick up on second balls, the defence was a mess, too much space in the final third for Atleti to exploit.
I read your previous post and I was surprised to see your optimism. Honestly, this team needed a big overhauling as we are heading to start another season with the same XI of the past 5 years but with Hazard. We have spent 300 millions but with no substantial changes because we keep carrying the same issues of past seasons and an incompetent manager who refuses to do the right thing to protect his friends.

A useless, shambolic defensive line with washed up players like Ramos, Marcelo, Nacho and Varane who gets worse each season. We sold Mario Hermoso who would have been a good addition so we can keep the old mediocre guard happy as I doubt Militao will be a starter either. We are going to suffer with any decent sides.

Neither our midfield has changed b/c it seems Zidane’s ill obsession for that overrated hack of Pogba accept no room for more signings. It is also mind blowing to see Kross playing as a DM when we had Llorente, who was better player than Casemiro. We need two signings here.

Upfront Jovic will be a sub for Benzema even if he outscores him. Rodrygo might end up playing for El Castilla same as Kubo, and it is uncertain what they would do with Brahim. We were promised a revolution but we have none. I expect this season to be horrible and way worse than the last one with Zidane quitting mid-season or before again like a coward. Hope this gets Perez out too.

Vinicius was dogshit and can’t cross a ball to save himself plus he spent too much time trying to use individual tricks instead of passing or just keeping the ball.
To be fair with Vinicius, no doubt that he needs to work on his finishing and end product. However, he was at least the only one trying to unlock Atletico’s back line on the first half when the rest were playing it as a training.

·
SNOWBLIND
7,529 Posts
Here's a story for you all. Feel free to repeat it in your non-internet company and be gawked at with reverence. For I have inside information from, dare I say, a SOURCE.

So the girl I work with is a big Celtic supporter and normally that wouldn't make much difference to the story but it at least highlights that she knows who Kieran Tierney is. Well her da works with one of Tierney's best mates - maybe his BEST mate, I don't know how many you're allowed to have in 2019 - and APPARENTLY he's handed in his notice because he's basically moving down south with Tierney to I guess keep him company and be his good wee mate away from home or whatever other shit and Tierney is basically paying him like ten grand a month to do so. So there you go. We're basically signing Mbappe is what I'm saying here.

Have PSG signed Pepe yet? Riddled here, me. Can't some absolute lunatic from Arsenal Twitter start tracking his movements or whatever?

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Martinelli, Ceballos, Saliba, (if they happen) Pepe and Tierney will have been a fantastic window. We might not challenge but out future squad looks solid.

·
SNOWBLIND
7,529 Posts
Add Pepe and Tierney to the business already done and it's an excellent window, especially considering the budget (though I don't think anybody in the media ever actually knew what the budget was, honestly) and the fact we're in the Europa again.

The players coming in are the right profile age-wise and fill holes in needed positions. Ceballos loan with no option to buy isn't perfect, but financially it makes sense at least for a season and even if it is a short-term fix, there was no way this squad was going to be properly addressed in one window (plus, personally, Ceballos was the one midfielder beyond Ndombele that I wanted so I'll take what I can get). Saliba going back on loan doesn't help the centre back situation right now, but if he pans out as projected then there's every chance he ends up adding another €15 million onto his valuation next season and we lose out on him anyway. With him and Martinelli the club seem to actually have put some future planning into how they're operating this summer and I don't mind being patient.

If we can bring in a centre back to play right now and shift some of the deadwood then it's a really great window (assuming Pepe and Tierney come in, anyway). If Raul and the #fellas can wrangle a few quid and a tub of Pringles out of someone for Mustafi then they deserve a statue outside the Emirates.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I read your previous post and I was surprised to see your optimism. Honestly, this team needed a big overhauling as we are heading to start another season with the same XI of the past 5 years but with Hazard. We have spent 300 millions but with no substantial changes because we keep carrying the same issues of past seasons and an incompetent manager who refuses to do the right thing to protect his friends.

A useless, shambolic defensive line with washed up players like Ramos, Marcelo, Nacho and Varane who gets worse each season. We sold Mario Hermoso who would have been a good addition so we can keep the old mediocre guard happy as I doubt Militao will be a starter either. We are going to suffer with any decent sides.

Neither our midfield has changed b/c it seems Zidane’s ill obsession for that overrated hack of Pogba accept no room for more signings. It is also mind blowing to see Kross playing as a DM when we had Llorente, who was better player than Casemiro. We need two signings here.

Upfront Jovic will be a sub for Benzema even if he outscores him. Rodrygo might end up playing for El Castilla same as Kubo, and it is uncertain what they would do with Brahim. We were promised a revolution but we have none. I expect this season to be horrible and way worse than the last one with Zidane quitting mid-season or before again like a coward. Hope this gets Perez out too.

To be fair with Vinicius, no doubt that he needs to work on his finishing and end product. However, he was at least the only one trying to unlock Atletico’s back line on the first half when the rest were playing it as a training.
Great post!

I think with this season, especially after last year's mess, I came in with a real sense of optimism and hope because we'd actually addressed some of the issues we hadn't done last season. Replacing Ronaldo with Mariano Diaz and Courtois actually made me angry last year and although I wanted to give Lopetegui and Solari a chance, I knew we were doomed to fail from the start! Perez has to be the most arrogant man in football to think we can challenge for anything with those signings especially after losing the club's all time record goalscorer and arguably the greatest player of all time!

He's a fucking idiot!

Going out and getting Hazard was a massive indicator that things were looking up, I hadn't been that excited for a transfer since CR7. Jovic, Militao, Mendy and Rodrygo to an extent also gave me more reasons to be optimistic. To be fair, the transfer window has been fine for us. I think we still need one more player in that midfield and we should be alright. I do not want Pogba, the guy is a lazy prima donna player in the same mould as Neymar. He care's more about taking selfies, dancing and being a fashion model than being a footballer. On top of that, he's poison in the dressing room as United found out under Mourinho.

I'd have loved it if we got Rabiot but of course he went to Juve.

The most glaring issue as you point out is the defence, we're turning into fucking Arsenal but without the beautiful football! : ( I think Ramos still has something to give but he is past his best now, I'll agree with you there. I don't think he's interested now, you can tell because he's done it all and won it all and probably just wants to go to China or the US. Marcelo has gone way off the boil eventhough he was never a good defender anyway, he was always better suited to linking up with CR7 on the left hand side and being more of a wingback. His defensive side has definitely waned which is bad since it was never good to begin with. Carvajal is more defensive minded and can still be used in an attacking capacity as well, I think he's decent and I'd keep him! Nacho can go, he is truly awful and I have no idea why he's still there. In the Atletico game he was all over the place, he has to go! Varane is one I'm torn on because he has good games but then makes such stupid mistakes out of nothing, he's a world cup winner too and played very well in that tournament so what gives when he plays for us?

For me it's the mentality that's all wrong. You have a team there that consists of players who have mostly won everything there is to win in the club game. If you look at that starting XI, you have 9 players who have won the Champion's League multiple times, some 4, some 3 in a row, some 2 in a row. They're not up for it anymore and the ones that are just aren't good enough to show it. How are we meant to rely on Hazard and Courtois to show the passion or desire to win games when the rest of the team is a broken disjointed mess?

Vinicuis was trying yes but he's not good enough at this level, should have gone for Joao Felix. That kid is going to be the next big star in football, I can see it!

I'll give Zidane a chance because I like him. He's one of my favourite players ever and as a manager gave me some of my best years as a Real Madrid fan so he deserves another shot. I do think he'll fail though but I hope I'm wrong and we'll start to turn it around sooner rather than later.

Hala Madrid Y Nada Más!

·
SNOWBLIND
7,529 Posts
The most glaring issue as you point out is the defence, we're turning into fucking Arsenal but without the beautiful football! : (
As an Arsenal fan I am deeply saddened by this comment and can tell you with absolute certainty that you're wrong.

We play terrible football.

·
SMILEY GOD
17,016 Posts
Varane was the worst of the lot last season and has always been massively overrated. He was making clangers every week last season, I think there was one point he lost six straight games when he started.

Marcelo has never been able to defend either. He masked this by having good link up play with a goal-a-game winger in front of him, which made people who didn't actually watch Madrid regularly decide he was the best left back in the world every time Madrid won the CL. Ridiculous in hindsight really.

Madrid should've had Llorente (who as Aizen said has always been better than Casemiro) and Ceballos starting next season, instead they've got rid of them both. Mendy should be a starter but probably won't be, look at how much better Madrid were with Reguillon instead of Marcelo last season, and he's now gone. Valverde is no better though, he'll persist with Rakitic.

This is what I would've done this season if I was Zidane - Courtois, Achraf, Ramos, Militao, Mendy, Llorente, Ceballos, Kroos/Asensio, Vinicius, Hazard, Jovic.

Would've been tempted to buy a right back actually (Cancelo perhaps) instead of Mendy, and played Reguilion at left back, and Mario Hermoso obviously (as has already been mentioned).

What we'll actually be seeing is probably the same team as last season but with Hazard taking one of the winger positions.

Vinicuis was trying yes but he's not good enough at this level, should have gone for Joao Felix. That kid is going to be the next big star in football, I can see it!
Nearly everything you just posted I agree with but not this - Vinicius is lightning fast and can dribble at speed, not many players can do that and it terrifies defenders. Once he polishes up his finishing you've got a world class player on your hands, he was already your best performing winger ahead of Bale, Vazquez, Isco etc... before Hazard joined.

·
Premium Member
6,505 Posts
Journalists and companies are no longer sources anymore, loads of Everton youth players have started to follow Kean, and his brother has started to follow Everton and Everton fan pages which tells me that it is ON :trips8

Instagram the new brown sauce :trips8

·
Registered
705 Posts
Journalists and companies are no longer sources anymore, loads of Everton youth players have started to follow Kean, and his brother has started to follow Everton and Everton fan pages which tells me that it is ON :trips8

Instagram the new brown sauce :trips8
Hello. I think Moise Kean could be a outstanding purchase for Everton up front .

As fmdataba. have him rated as maximum potential of 150-180/200 . Which means he could be a top performer
Someone who played football manager for a long time showed on the screenshot about him 91 games and 45 goals in intentionals . I admit this hypothetical however football manager seams to accurate on the most part in terms of player progression .

The only one potential flaw in the deal is if there is a buy back clause (a low figure under real value) which mean that if it activated Everton could be back to sqaure one and need to find a new striker/forward .

On Zaha sky sports they are saying £55,000,000+ Tosun and McCarthy . I personally would get another wide player who is cheaper Malcom from Barcelona .

Yours

Farhan

·
SNOWBLIND
7,529 Posts
The buy back option must be one that's heavily skewed in Juve's favour because £36 million for prime #YOUTH like Kean in this market is almost absurdly good. I still do it anyway if I'm Everton. He turns out to be different gravy and you sell him back in a couple seasons for at least some profit, or he turns out to be good but not quite Juventus good, which still feels like a decent deal in 2019 megabucks terms. Two years with an excellent young talent does them no harm. I like that deal more than one for Zaha, honestly. I certainly like it more than whatever they paid for Sigurdsson. Teams trying to break into the top 6 have been much smarter in their recruitment this summer than previous ones, basically.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Nearly everything you just posted I agree with but not this - Vinicius is lightning fast and can dribble at speed, not many players can do that and it terrifies defenders. Once he polishes up his finishing you've got a world class player on your hands, he was already your best performing winger ahead of Bale, Vazquez, Isco etc... before Hazard joined.
I don't doubt Vinicius is fast and can dribble at speed and probably will be a good little player in the future. What I question now is his decision making and his end product. If I'm honest it's not been that great from what I've seen of him so far. In the Atleti game his crossing was very poor and he always tried to beat a man instead of playing a simple pass and keeping the ball. Most of these attempts to pass the defender he lost the ball too.

He reminds me a lot of Sterling when he was still at Liverpool. Great speed, quickness, trickery but lacked the final product. That killer pass, the ability to beat a man or a clever finish. I agree, if he brushes up on those aspects of his game he could be a very good player like Sterling has turned out to be. He's still young so he has plenty of time to develop his game, I just fear he won't get that many chances with Hazard now in the team along with Jovic and Rodrygo. I guess it all very much depends on the system Zizou goes with.

If he doesn't get game time he'll be away on loan and will probably either fade away or do well at another club where the pressure isn't so great, we'll see what happens...

As an Arsenal fan I am deeply saddened by this comment and can tell you with absolute certainty that you're wrong.

We play terrible football.
Hey you guys played some pretty nice football under Wenger, just couldn't defend and were too inconsistent! Has Emery bought any defenders in this window?

I hope you guys do well this season, Emery is a top bloke fam!

·
SNOWBLIND
7,529 Posts
Hey you guys played some pretty nice football under Wenger, just couldn't defend and were too inconsistent! Has Emery bought any defenders in this window?

I hope you guys do well this season, Emery is a top bloke fam!
He's a stubborn Nutella-headed bastard. But I'm liking the solidarity here and he's an alright fella all things considered. He needs to improve on last season, though.

We've bought one (William Saliba), but he's gone back on loan to his parent club for the upcoming season. Apparently we're still in for Kieran Tierney and I'll be stripped to my undergarments if we can actually stop haggling over forty quid and get it done. We badly need a centre back this window to play right now, though. All of our current central defenders either have question marks for one reason or another (Holding, Sokratis, Mavropanos), are on strike and desperate to leave (Koscielny), or are absolutely atrocious bastard calamities (Mustafi).

·
14,525 Posts
Holding did look promising before the injury. The rest are hot garbage though. You desperately need a CB.

·
SNOWBLIND
7,529 Posts
Holding is the one real bright spot; his question mark stems from the fact he's coming off an ACL and at this rate would be required to play every minute of every game or else we'd be absolutely fucked to bits with these other idiots.

Sokratis was a decent lad last season, tbf. I was underwhelmed with his signing initially because I expected him to go full Mustafi on the regular, but he wasn't nearly as rash as he was during his last season in Dortmund. Actually played with some positional discipline now and then and had a solid enough partnership with Koscielny when both were fully fit. He's still a numpty, though. Silly bookings, red cards for daft shit, prone to getting himself lost at sea here and there. I thought Koscielny was finished a season ago but he still had something left in the tank and I'd probably have kept him for this season. Was still the guy I felt most confidence in across that back line after Hector and Holding went down. He's on his very last legs though and there's no way we can keep him now anyway. Chambers I would sell and haven't been convinced by in years. Mavropanos had a really fun spell late in the 17/18 season and I certainly wouldn't give up on him yet, but he's been riddled with injury for the last year and could probs do with a loan. Mustafi...I prefer not to speak. If I speak I am in big trouble, in big, big trouble. And I don't want to be in big trouble.

So we need a centre back, yes. Fucking bastards.

201 - 220 of 387 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.