Wrestling Forum banner

1821 - 1840 of 1937 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
As always i hate that dam venue they go to in NY. Even everyone on twitch was bitching about it. I hope this is the last time they go to this venue. Plenty of other places that are not so dam narrow but similar seating size. Thankfully they have been picking new great venues though and the Hard to kill one will be great.

Solid show. Lol Robs girl seemed like she was high on something but then again plastic surgery on your face can make you look like a lot of things.
She has a face?

·
Registered
22,868 Posts

·
Intoner
6,506 Posts
How do you watch Impact post airing? I want to watch their holiday special from last week, but can only find Twitch which I guess is live only? I don't mind paying if there's a subscription service.
there is Impact+

I believe impact is available 10 days after original air date. if nothing have changed it should be on free tier. but of course you can buy a subscription for 8$ a month

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
there is Impact+

I believe impact is available 10 days after original air date. if nothing have changed it should be on free tier. but of course you can buy a subscription for 8$ a month
Their special from last week was posted I think on Monday, which is the day I watched it on Impact+. Since I don't have AXS TV, I think I'll just subscribe since the means I have to watch the show isn't as excellent quality. I do miss the days when they were on a channel that was widely available.

Speaking about last week's Thanksgiving special, that was such an awesome episode. I had so much fun watching it. I keep saying, if they were able to do a show like that once a month for Impact+ that would be awesome.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I had forgotten that this was still going on. It's quite funny, I checked and the GFW website is still up, but hasn't been updated in a longtime. What is Jarrett doing these days for income?

https://411mania.com/wrestling/jeff-jarrett-impact-wrestling-fighting-over-deposing-scott-damore-in-lawsuit/

Jeff Jarrett and Impact Wrestling are currently battling over whether to depose Scott D’Amore in Jarrett’s lawsuit against the company. PWInsider reports that Jarrett is trying to depose D’Amore, who is an EVP at Impact, in the lawsuit over his claims that Anthem used his GWF Amped tapes without his permission and then would not return the masters, which were later discovered to have been deleted by Anthem.

According to the site, Jarrett’s legal team had been trying to get D’Amore deposed before a previously-ordered cutoff date of December 6th for the discovery process. After that point, discovery will be halted. There was a telephone conference in which both sides agreed that D’Amore could be deposed after the cutoff. However, since D’Amore is a Canadian citizen, he cannot be ordered by a court in the US to be deposed as he is out of jurisdiction. Jarrett’s team had to spend over $4,000 in legal fees in Canada to ask that D’Amore be deposed.

·
BIG KAIJU~
5,987 Posts
So Impact has returned from 1980's to give us quite a solid Show I feel this Week. The more Companies that start with Wrestling instead of 20 minute Promos will keep me staying and become a fan of your Company for sure. Elgin vs Cage vs Edwards was one heck of a opener and I was highly pissed how the New York Crowd sleepwalking throughout the Match. You gotta give praise to all the guys in that one, but especially Eddie who had to fend two Hosses who were looking to take his head off, while also get back momentum within the Company.

I actually liked the Moose I'm a Super Athlete Segment for this Show. I thought for sure he was going to really hurt that guy at the Basketball Court, but all he did is put him inside the hoop. I guess the win from Shamrock has given him a newly increased passion we will see who is gonna shut him up going forward. ODB returns which leads to a Main Event Match, but I thought this Segment was good as well. ODB is happy to be with Impact because they made her become who she wanted to be, and I like how we saw the contrast of Characters with Taya showing up looking like a Snow Bunny. Get the Lunch Lady broke me so hard and boy I wished Taya would heel it like this on a consistent basis.

Some other Segments after you saw Grace sticking money in the Bra of ODB, and Johnny Swinger trying to get Joey Ryan to become his Padwan leaner. We get all of that then RVD returns with Katie Forbes! I don't know if this is a true RVD or not, but he sure as hell can a make a joke or two and make it stick I need to take care of my GF and her GF hehe. Still this came off good and RVD vs Rhino should be a good enough Match next Week. Another Segment that might not blow you away, but it felt important is the Segment with The North and Swann and Mack. I was holy..hey Chris Sabin and gang giving Swann praise for his performance in that Contendership Match, then you see The North show up to plant seeds of tension between Swann and Mack before that Tag Challenge next Week. Oh boy we could be getting Mack as a Heel either next Week or at Hard to Kill!

The Press Conference with Tessa Blanchard and Sami Callihan was the fuel this feud needed to get it over the levels from before they feuded with each other. Neither pulled punches with the other, but the daggers hit home and got the steam it needed. ODB vs Taya was a thing and I don't think you want your Knockouts Champion even during a distraction via Grace losing a Match with less than a Month away from Hard to Kill just saying.

·
None. More. Hated.
5,273 Posts
Can they not book bigger venues? Im not saying stadiums or anything, but I watched the episode with the Edwards vs. Cage vs. Elgin triple threat, and it looked like there was 200 people there, 80 of which were looking down at their phones and maybe 30 actually making any noise. Just takes me right out of it.

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
Can they not book bigger venues? Im not saying stadiums or anything, but I watched the episode with the Edwards vs. Cage vs. Elgin triple threat, and it looked like there was 200 people there, 80 of which were looking down at their phones and maybe 30 actually making any noise. Just takes me right out of it.
I agree. Impact is in a rebuilding mode now and Anthem is spending a bit more. I get holding Impact in 100 seat venues a year ago. But if they are to improve, I'd like to see their PPVs at least get to venues the size of NXT's Full Sail location.

Some of their recent locations have been no larger than this

·
Registered
8,574 Posts

·
Registered
8,574 Posts
I agree. Impact is in a rebuilding mode now and Anthem is spending a bit more. I get holding Impact in 100 seat venues a year ago. But if they are to improve, I'd like to see their PPVs at least get to venues the size of NXT's Full Sail location.

Some of their recent locations have been no larger than this

View attachment 81425

Agree but its mostly those stupid Indy mark events that Impact is doing,I think it does worst than does better for them to be honest.Instead of helping them it just makes them look even more indy. But the past several months they have picked very good venues that are a little bit bigger for ppvs ect.But still seem to pick those stupid venues like rose venue in NYC

·
Registered
8,574 Posts
Interesting that Aries basically confirmed everybody was in on it, and spoke to the unprofessionalism of the Impact management with the way they handle/d contracts.

yeah Bruce prichard job was to organize this and he said he would nag managment over and over and they wouldn't sign people.They would let contracts expire and so wrestlers were like fuck this place they dont value me. Their is people in here that are so delusional to facts of how this company was ran because they cant get past the TNA mark glory days. Hell trust me i was a die hard TNA fan since 2002. But the fact of the manner is behind the scenes Dixie did more bad than good.She did many good things but if you cant get your product behind the scenes sorted it will always fuck you over for your business and thats exactly what happened. People didnt wanna work with her anymore.Look at what spike did. Her sending rude emails insulting people because shes such a mark. I will say though its not entirely on her as her parents aspect of running the show was much worst than her but she had her part.

·
Registered
8,574 Posts
they absolutely have to stop booking venues like the rose one in nyc,It just looks like utter trash. If you cant fit your little stage in a venue its to bloody small.They have managed to sell enough tickets in places that they can fit a wider place in NY. The vegas venue is terrible to,The crowd is dead. But other places they have recently picked are new and improved.So they have been changing it up and i assume more will come

1821 - 1840 of 1937 Posts