Wrestling Forum banner

1801 - 1820 of 1935 Posts

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
That Sami photo on instagram dressed as Jim quoting jims comment about cosplay idiots is priceless. I assume Sami is having fun and is more embracing Jims comment than against him. Impact should hire Jim and role with this,Would be gold. Jim could get real heat with Sami or anything in Impact at this moment with all the bed wetters.

·
Registered
453 Posts
That Sami photo on instagram dressed as Jim quoting jims comment about cosplay idiots is priceless. I assume Sami is having fun and is more embracing Jims comment than against him. Impact should hire Jim and role with this,Would be gold. Jim could get real heat with Sami or anything in Impact at this moment with all the bed wetters.

Cornette hates everything about Impact, including Callihan, and puts them down whenever he can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
I give Jim credit for not being a bed wetter to all the snow flakes that bitch about everything. But i give Impact more credit for A not letting the snow flakes dictate its procuct. B rolling with the edge and proving that its what we want and C fucking sticking it to all the promotions in a fun innocent way and doing a great job at it. Dont get me wrong i love NWA and say AEW but i have nothing against making fun at one other ! Nothing wrong with that.

This has been pretty funny and it looks like they have been taking more shots at the NWA retro more than wwf even though i saw some wwf moments to. But even the segments that come off as commercials seems exactly like the nwa ones and even the graphics on the screen looks like its similar and making fun of them lol.

Those fake belts looked a zillion times more classy than Impacts lol, Hopefully we can get classier ones one day

That ending with the song and everyone in the ring wasclassic. Reminded me of YMCA haha

·
Intoner
6,506 Posts
Names was a damn good idea.

Bill Ding made me legit laugh.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Overall I enjoyed the episode, fun filler episode for the holiday week and didn't try to take itself seriously, I enjoyed the over the top cheesiness more than I should have. Although I'm not sure what made me laugh the most, Don Callis trying to be Edge or how Johnny Swinger and Tommy Dreamer didn't even get fake characters for this.

Also was I seeing things or was that D'Lo Brown playing the one guy in Excessive Force?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Overall I enjoyed the episode, fun filler episode for the holiday week and didn't try to take itself seriously, I enjoyed the over the top cheesiness more than I should have. Although I'm not sure what made me laugh the most, Don Callis trying to be Edge or how Johnny Swinger and Tommy Dreamer didn't even get fake characters for this.

Also was I seeing things or was that D'Lo Brown playing the one guy in Excessive Force?

Also Gama Singh and Kongo Kong playing younger versions of themselves

·
BIG KAIJU~
5,987 Posts
Man I don't know how to feel about the Impact Throwback Throwdown. I rather of wanted to see a true Show and maybe this as the Cherry on top as a Thanksgiving gift if I'm being honest. Still plenty of laughs a Don for sure blazed before the Show the way he acting with his Character. One of the best lines from the Show was from Josh saying after seeing Fitbody that it was doing something to his Cigar. Little things like that kept me going when I thought maybe I should watch something else. Pretty crazy to see how much detail the Roster put into their new Characters especially Tommy...who is still Tommy Dreamer who apparently broke Bruno's Neck, slapped Vinny JR, and plans to do more of the same when he returns to the Promotion.

I know for damn sure I'm going to need a Rough Rider Shirt asap who knew Havok had so much charisma daddy. So in all not really a Show that you're going to remember the Wrestling aspect of things, but the work backstage and character wise from everyone was on point.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I barely ever watch Impact but I watched clips of this because I wanted to know what on earth was going on. It was terrible and I'm glad to know that Impact barely rates on TV these days because wrestling doesn't need to be made a mockery of even more than it already is.

Some shitlights for me.

- Women beating men (This sure would mean a lot if it didn't happen every week somewhere)

- Matches for fake titles. (From a kayfabe perspective why would the wrestlers agree to fight?)

- Story line continuation that I assume won't cross over into Impact (If I was attacked during the silly fun show I think I would want my revenge the following week regardless)

- General mockery of wrestling which we don't need.

Numbers have spoken also, YouTube hits for the "real show" last week double all the views (Except one) from this "silly fun show".

·
Registered
9,727 Posts
Cornette hates everything about Impact, including Callihan, and puts them down whenever he can.

According to Cornette's last radio-show, he and Sami shook each other's hands backstage at MLW after Sami did the water spit spot. Sami is always working and will work with anybody.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Bomb Factory in Dallas looks like one of the best venues Impact will go to in a good while. Glad they are looking to change to better venues.Lets hope they switch up the NYC venue and the vegas one after these coming shows. Those venues just are to small for the production and

Still think Imapct should hire Corny just for a brief storyline with Sami.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Bomb Factory in Dallas looks like one of the best venues Impact will go to in a good while. Glad they are looking to change to better venues.Lets hope they switch up the NYC venue and the vegas one after these coming shows. Those venues just are to small for the production and

Still think Imapct should hire Corny just for a brief storyline with Sami.
That would be awesome and be a complete wtf moment.

How crazy would it be for Jim Cornette to temporarily swerve everyone and interfere for OVE and become a manager for them? I'm not saying they should do that but that would be a crazy moment in wrestling even though it makes absolutely no sense lol.

·
Registered
30 Posts
That would be awesome and be a complete wtf moment.

How crazy would it be for Jim Cornette to temporarily swerve everyone and interfere for OVE and become a manager for them? I'm not saying they should do that but that would be a crazy moment in wrestling even though it makes absolutely no sense lol.
oooOOohhhHH what a real head rush that would be lol.. bring it on and blow my freakin mind sammy n corny together with oVe hahhaa thats some strong smoke :bow

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
As always i hate that dam venue they go to in NY. Even everyone on twitch was bitching about it. I hope this is the last time they go to this venue. Plenty of other places that are not so dam narrow but similar seating size. Thankfully they have been picking new great venues though and the Hard to kill one will be great.

Solid show. Lol Robs girl seemed like she was high on something but then again plastic surgery on your face can make you look like a lot of things.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I am a week behind and finally getting caught up, just watched the IPWF episode. WOW! Was this episode so much fun. Such a wonderful throwback to the 80's and also felt so NWA-ish too which I had no problem at all. If anything, Corgan should take a few notes from this episode here and see how they need to make the studio feel a bit bigger than it already does.

Too bad Impact couldn't do one of these IPWF shows once a month on Impact+, it was quite fun.

1801 - 1820 of 1935 Posts