Wrestling Forum banner

1781 - 1800 of 1936 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Austin was pretty fucking bland on commentary. Still needs a ton of work, personality-wise.
Completely agree. He's still pretty young so I'm sure it was his first opportunity to do any sort of commentary. I do think he got a bit more comfortable as it went on but with his current character he needed to project a lot more confidence.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Random post but I've Seen some old 2005 Impact shows from Spike on youtube....they were honestly pretty epic. Reminds me of the good days. IMO they are better than anything else I see around today.

·
Intoner
6,506 Posts
I agree. For whatever reason impact in 2005-2006 looked so energetic and exciting. Nothing comes close to that pure energy.

·
Registered
9,727 Posts
Original Impact Zone was a great crowd. Russo drove them off. I remember reading at some old school forum that about 70% of the most loyal portion of them completely gave up and quit going after Hard Justice 2007.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Does anyone else find it annoying that every time a ref starts a pin count Josh says “and new cham- ohhh”
Every
Single
Time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
She finally beat Brian Cage, kudos.

Now it's time for her to finally beat Sami Callihan, don't you dare chicken out on this Impact.

·
Intoner
6,506 Posts
Seems like a questionable booking decision not to have Sami react to Tessa's win.
She came out seconds after he beat Cage, but he didn't when she win ?

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
This is a weird complaint but does anyone else get annoyed by the Desi Hit Squad? Rohit Raju is a goofy heel, Gama's son is bland, and it's hard to take the whole storyline seriously about India having all this talent yet Gama chooses his son and Rohit Raju as the two best lol.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Does anyone else find it annoying that every time a ref starts a pin count Josh says “and new cham- ohhh”
Every
Single
Time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm so sick of Josh Matthews and his commentary. Cringe worthy is the word I'd use to best describe it. He also over uses:

- Would you buy stock in X wrestler?
- Pinned wrestler says 'not so fast' when kicking out.
- G'DNIGHT! is another one of his pinning favourites.
- N-N-N-N-NO when heel is attacking.

There's more I just can't remember off the top of my head. Impact fans have had to deal with this insufferable shit for half a decade now.

·
Registered
91 Posts
She finally beat Brian Cage, kudos.

Now it's time for her to finally beat Sami Callihan, don't you dare chicken out on this Impact.
I'd be shocked if Tessa lost to Sami for the 3rd time, if they didn't have her win they better put her back in the knockouts division and have her stop wrestling men. By this point if she loses to Sami it would have defeated the purpose of continuously pushing her as hard as they have against male wrestlers only to repeatedly fall short in the end.

·
Registered
91 Posts
This is a weird complaint but does anyone else get annoyed by the Desi Hit Squad? Rohit Raju is a goofy heel, Gama's son is bland, and it's hard to take the whole storyline seriously about India having all this talent yet Gama chooses his son and Rohit Raju as the two best lol.
Hakim Zane has really broken out personality wise as Rohit, meanwhile Raj sucks. I understand Impact wants badly to tap into the India market but they would be better off having Rohit compete as a solo act in the X-Division.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Hakim Zane has really broken out personality wise as Rohit, meanwhile Raj sucks. I understand Impact wants badly to tap into the India market but they would be better off having Rohit compete as a solo act in the X-Division.
Agreed, but idk if anyone could take Rohit seriously enough for it to matter.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
TNA hardcores have the weirdest tastes. From drooling over bootleg Rock aka Eli Drake to this newfound love for Hakim Zane, because of... some 'a OK' AAW promos? Dude is average as shit in the ring.
I think Eli Drake is great, yeah he's got a little bit of The Rock/SCSA in him but he's charismatic and plays a good character. So what if he's an ode to other people.

·
Registered
447 Posts
TNA hardcores have the weirdest tastes. From drooling over bootleg Rock aka Eli Drake to this newfound love for Hakim Zane, because of... some 'a OK' AAW promos? Dude is average as shit in the ring.
When you come to my house show some respect. "TNA Hardcores".

I didn't know trolls like you where still around. Time to grow up buddy.

1781 - 1800 of 1936 Posts