Wrestling Forum banner

Official TNA Wrestling Discussion Thread

363K views 5K replies 317 participants last post by  go stros 
#1 ·
From here on out, all Impact weekly TV talk will be discussed here. Chatter about the shows, ratings following, promoted matches, etc. And as always, for the record, NO SPOILERS.

----------

Discuss.

#12 ·
Drake-Williams and oVe-LAX was pretty damn good.
Bah-EC3 was meh and opener was too short.

Do they show 5 minutes of GWN old match on Pop or it's only for international shows?

#18 · (Edited)
Impact doesn't have much viewers these days and opionion are still so drasticly different.

For me it's weird no one seem to enjoy Petey-Drake and LAX-oVe matches. I'm very skeptical aboit Impact right now, but those 2 matche were damn good. Even half empty arena didn't spoil it for me.

And then people are talking about how good Lambert is and I dont see it. Cant care less about his promos.

Next week is going to suck. Hate TNA\Impact holiday episodes. I genereally disagree with that concept and would prefer them to air regular episode. But if they dont want to, they could atleast air those BCW\Crash\Noah matches instead. IMO an episode once in a while is better than random match every week.

Reactions: IndyTaker
#21 ·
The difference a year makes w/the company. Last year Eddie Kingston showed up and I was generally excited for it. Now he's out, another big favorite replaces him - so to speak - in Sami Callihan, and I'm struggling to find a big reason to draw interest. Cool I can see him and all that, but it's not the same "TNA" where my interest was stronger at this time last year.

Lambert really is oddly convincing in his heel role. Dude has made it work since coming in. Shenanigans and all.

#23 ·
In honor of tomorrow I am thankful for this thread as Pop has been slow to upload Impact to On Demand and I am behind. Just watched 2 weeks ago last night and tonight will try and watch last week.

I enjoyed that they gave more time for the matches. I sure hope this is a trend. If you have the talent to do it longer matches are more entertaining. I will take 3-4 long good matches over 5-6 shorter not as good ones. Also with a smaller roster this is better as less matches means you do not burn thru matchups as quick.

Speaking of burning thru things quick I sure hope they do not burn thru the LAX/OVE feud. A common chant heard these days is "fight forever" and I want that for these two groups. Not have them fight every week but some kind of match or at least backstage brawl every 2-3 weeks to draw it out without getting old. With 3 guys a side you have many one on one and tag team matchups. Seeing how the brothers got better and seemed more focused and vicious with arrival of Sami I wonder if the early booking is reason for them not being as good as expected. I thought it was them getting used to 6 sides and new competition, and that might be part of it, but it could be story line showing them growing in confidence with their "family" around them.

I really loved how they did intros for the GHC title match. They need to do that for title matches, at least World if not all, as it makes the belt and thus the match more important than other matches. Also was happy to see them shake hands and show respect after. Not every match needs to be face/heel with hatred after.

The Ali/KC match felt like old school 80's WWF television. I do not want that for all matches but once a week or every other would be cool.

After his brief appearance I am wondering if Jimmy Jacobs could be behind the Cult of Lee. I mean a cult sounds right up his alley. It would explain the sudden grouping of the three without a lot of explanation. Also why he was out for the X division match, doing some scouting.

#24 ·
Finally caught last weeks show. Other than audio issues and small crowd size the two weeks have been real good. I like how things are unfolding.

At first I felt bad that Garza Jr was wrestling hurt but I think I see what they are doing with this. They need to really play up how he is hurt but so bad wants to compete he is going out there doing his best. This would be a good time to do an interview with him or record a promo touching on his passion for wrestling and Impact.

LAX vs. OVE was so good. Like I said before, these guys should have a long drawn out war. In fact if done right the final payoff should not come to either Slamm or BFG. So great seeing Homicide back in the ring. And I am glad they finally addressed the absence of Diamante.

Both title matches were solid and let both the winners and losers come out of the match looking strong. This can really help the X division when Petey competes against top guys. Speaking of the X, I would like to see them start building a rivalry between Desmond and Taiji. Then in a few months have Desmond beat Trevor for the title and see a feud between Desmond and Taiji resulting in them exchanging the titles a time or two. I think it could lead to some exciting matches.

Once again some nice longer matches that I was digging. Only real draw back for me this episode was Allie was the only one coming out for Gail's segment. I did not expect the heels but they could have brought out some of the young talent who have not really established themselves as face/heel. That would have really played into what she said about leaving things in good hands as we saw 3-4 future stars. I guess it was a cost thing having them go to Canada. Still should have found time to film something in back. Her talking to them about the future and then telling them she wanted to go out there alone. Still could do the Allie bit as she is a bit flakey. On the plus side, I really dig the look of the KO title. Silver with shiny blue.

#27 ·
So as expected due to holiday the viewer numbers dropped. 169K and .04 but in good news and another example of how holidays effect things they just broke into Top 100 at 99 for the night. So in a weird way it was a good night for them.