Wrestling Forum banner

2361 - 2380 of 2425 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Again...I'm not a fan of short title reigns. What was the point in having Su Yung be champion to have her lose so quickly?

The match itself was pretty good stuff though.
I think it's pretty clear they had no plan to make Su champion, and instead of having Deonna retain, won 2-3 weeks of tv between her & Su so they figure something else out.

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
Solid show, with a really good main event.

However I'm really not a fan of all the short title reigns Impact's been doing recently. Deonna should have just retained at BFG. It'd have been better than taking the belt off of her just to give it back like three weeks later.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I normally hate short reigns but dont mind Su and North here. Su's was last minute change at PPV and then the no DQ match at Turning Point was good so showcased a more aggressive side of Deonna, who should how have the title until at least Hard to Kill and if not, Rebellion.

As for North, they didn't need a long run as their previous was so long and the classic short heel reign between 2 face team runs. Plus, their mini reign re-established them as evil team by injuring Shelley and also enabled an unpredictable title change at Impact+ show.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
The Good Brothers deserve to be the Impact Tag Team Champions.
I'm not surprised by Purrazzo's victory, Su Yung's victory at BFG was a last minute change, I think they intend to make Purrazzo a dominant heel.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Myers is steadily growing on me. The match with Swoggle was better than expected. I was just hoping someone higher on the food chain than Steve would made the save. I guess they are going with a slow build..

·
Registered
770 Posts
Where's Ace Austin?
I know right? Him (to a smaller extent Madman Fulton since I think he has a lot of potential), Moose, and Callihan are about the only reasons I watch Impact right now as the Rascalz are leaving and they are the best in ring performers they have besides Ace Austin, if they lose him I think I'm done and will just read results unless they start debuting some good up and comers that they supposedly have but never use.

Event Review...

Not a horrible event but it felt kind of lackluster. 5.5/10 event.

Eddie over Daivari was a good opener. Daivari looks great and Eddie is always a solid worker with just a shit look.

KO tag Match was whatever, it advanced the story well enough and gave the rub to Taya/Rosemary.

Myers better have gone over Swoggle lol, Match went too long but wasn't too terrible but definitely not good.

Storm/Sabin over XXXL was a decent tag match that I enjoyed. Love me some big Acey and Larry D is actually a decent talker and working big man. I was hoping for the XXXL win here but figured they would give it to the vets. They definitely need Storm on the roster.

Bravo storyline advancement. I think Swinger is a red herring though and Rosemary or Taya slipped the gun into his pack. I think it will be addressed on Tuesday and they will have a fingerprint test or something hokey to figure it out. 50/50 on this storyline, it's kinda fun but really has no place in wrestling imo. If I wasn't a fan of murder mysteries and whodunits in general I would likely hate this.

Rohit over Jake was so-so. Figured Rohit was retaining when Jake walked out, glad he did, I hope he has a long reign.

Moose over Willie Mack was a decent match with a meh finish. I think they should have just left it at Moose winning by TKO/Ref Stoppage. Get that belt on Moose asap.

G. Brothers over North was not as good as I expected it was going to be, felt like a throwaway TV match when this should have gotten another 10 minutes and felt more epic than it was. Still an ok match but not lived up to the hype. Figured they would give them the straps after I saw they weren't announced for NJPW World Tag League. Not really a G. Brothers fan if I'm being honest, wished the belts stayed on North but they're former WWE so of course they get pushed to the moon. I've always hated hot potato title changes and this is no exception.

Deonna over Su Yung was an ok match for a "plunder" match, liked the spot where she blocked the mist. Another hot potato title change. They really need to quit doing this, it devalues the belts.

MOTN Swann over Callihan was a good match. Sami always delivers and Swann was looking good and smooth out there. I'm slowly buying him as a top guy but not quite there yet, good performance by both men and they told a decent story in there. I liked this better than the Young/Swann match at BFG.

Impact continues to be a mediocre company in that they don't offend me too much but they don't really give me any must see moments either, they're just kinda there with a few diamonds in the rough and a few smh moments.

I've decided to start watching TNA/Impact from the very beginning of the company in 02 and I'm on the 4th show right now and it's crazy how much better the product was back then and I heard that's not even their golden years. They have a few stupid things like "The Johnsons" and "Rainbow Express" and what not but the stories were better, the announcers were better, the in ring action was better, the interviewers were better, the X-Division matches were better, etc. Just crazy how much it's changed for the negative. Maybe that has more to do with the state of wrestling now compared to then though.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Just crazy how much it's changed for the negative. Maybe that has more to do with the state of wrestling now compared to then though.
Consider that it was a much wealthier promotion during the TNA days, a lot of fans consider it barely alive now.
TNA also had some pretty awful PPVs during the 2000s

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
The difference between the company before and now is incredible, the company now has a much smaller budget and much less known Superstars. Sometimes when I watch TNA videos from 2005/06/07/09 I wonder if the company is the same company I watch now every Tuesday on Twitch.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
The difference between the company before and now is incredible, the company now has a much smaller budget and much less known Superstars. Sometimes when I watch TNA videos from 2005/06/07/09 I wonder if the company is the same company I watch now every Tuesday on Twitch.
I totally agree with this. I've been watching TNA/Impact since the inaugural show and it has been interesting to see this product change every few years to the point where they were at a level of WCW and WWE having stars that if someone turned on to Spike by mistake they could recognize some of the talent. Granted now is not the same, but they do have a pretty strong roster that is giving us some entertaining matches and storylines.

I understand they might not have fans in the arena for sometime, but they really need to at least do what AEW does and get some talent/staff out there. It does hurt the product quite a bit without having anyone out there making some noise and giving a bit of atmosphere. If they are doing testing before each show, this is something that they should consider.

Post-Covid, I will say that Impact has been one of the more entertaining wrestling shows. From match quality, to storylines, to promos they have been doing pretty good. Like many of you guys, I do question a lot of this hot potato title changes. Eddie Edwards should of never won the title at Slammiversary, it should of gone to EY and having him lose it to Swann at BFG would of worked. Now they should be building towards Moose vs. Swann at Hard to Kill and then this is where Moose should get a very lengthy title reign.

The Knockout's title shouldn't of changed hands either to Su. As much as I like her, Deonna should of held on to the title. There is no need for the title change and just didn't do anything.

Why did the MSMG have to lose the titles to The North, only for them to lose them not even a month later to The Good Brothers? I know they wanted to do the Shelley injury angle, but Sabin should of escaped with the titles out of BFG and then had these guys just lose last night to The Good Brothers. Then I would of had The North be rebuilt up so they can get the titles back from The Good Brothers in 6-8 months down the road, that is if The North is still with the company.

Overall, Turning Point was pretty good last night. The only weak link match was Myers vs. Swoggle, still don't get why they had to bring Swoggle back.

Interesting to see Joe Doering, I've never seen a single match of his before but he seems to have done quite a few things in All Japan for a few years. He is a good pairing with EY. I was shocked they went after The Deaners, would of been cool if they would have formed a faction with them. I think right now Impact is missing one good sized faction they can build some storylines around.

I am hoping that James Storm sticks around longer than EC3 did. He is in the best shape of his life and would love to see him get one final run with the title down the road. Poor Storm seems to be lost in limbo with the downward spiral of the NWA due to the pandemic and that supposed contract to go back to NXT never panning out after all of the cuts in the spring.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
18,465 Posts
My biggest problem with Deonna winning is that there's no one who can really challenge her.
Which is why i don't get why they're starting a womens tag division when they barely have a singles division. Cause Taya, Rosemary and Tenille would all be great challengers for Deonna, but they're all being tied up in this tag division they're trying to put together.

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,478 Posts
Which is why i don't get why they're starting a womens tag division when they barely have a singles division. Cause Taya, Rosemary and Tenille would all be great challengers for Deonna, but they're all being tied up in this tag division they're trying to put together.
Once the tournament is over most of the team's are going to dissolve and the women are going to go back to singles action. By next month there will be two of three Knockouts team's and every other woman will be in the singles division.

Reactions: kovs27 and BigCy

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
Apparently Impact Plus is migrating to a new system and it seems the impact wrestling shows are no longer free. I hope they fix this shit lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
497 Posts
Impact Plus has been a shit show the last few days. I signed up on Saturday to watch the show and there is no record of me signing up, my password only worked on the website. They ended up putting the show on Saturday night for free because they are having problems migrating to their new service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
966 Posts
According to PWInsider via 411 the contracts of Taya and Page have not yet been renewed. Didn't think much about it, but as some realised Taya and Page both seem to have recently worked on their appearance (looking more in shape), maybe they were/are looking for offers.

2361 - 2380 of 2425 Posts