Wrestling Forum banner

2121 - 2140 of 2164 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I don't think that Impact needs Brian Myers aka Curt Hawkins because they are starting to have too many ex-WWE jobber types.
That was always the issue with the WWE. They hoarded so much talent over the last 5 years that they had no room to book some of these guys properly, yet they ruined some of their characters in the process. So now when guys like EC3 and Young try to go back to Impact, people look at them as ex-WWE stars yet those don't realize they spent quite a few years in TNA/Impact and actually were made into something enjoyable to watch before going to the WWE and getting ruined.

Brian Myers is kinda meh imo, it sounds like they did sign him to a contract. Not sure what their plans is with him, but I would have hoped they wouldn't of signed anyone else from the E besides if they could get Miro/Rusev.

It just sucks that many of the guys returning to watch Impact this week have been sleeping on the product the last 1-1.5 years. They've been doing some really good stuff and they have been the more consistent promotion. For $8 a month, I would recommend signing up for Impact Plus, you can watch every single episode of Impact but I would recommend just going back to 6 months and get caught up, they've had some good stuff going on.

I still think that Moose needs to get the World title here soon, the guy has improved so much its not even funny. I'd hate to see him leave without even having the World title.

The one thing I found weird and I might have missed it on this week's episode of Impact, we didn't see any Good Brothers and Eddie Edwards interaction unless I missed it as I was doing a few other things too while watching the show.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I signed up for Impact Plus almost a week ago and I have started at 2004 with TNA Turning Point after the Asylum Years and I am going to watch it ALL. It might take me a bit but I want to see how this company did over the years and get on par with everything they've done.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I think wrestling fans just need to let their opinions of past characters & how they were used when they enter a new company go out of the window, especially when they've just left a company like WWE who has that narcissistic maniac at the helm.

I think Heath (please God give him a second name when he does 'sign' - I do think it's part of the storyline for a laugh for now!) has real big potential, he looks the real deal from a presentation stand point. Brian Myers I'm not high on, BUT I know he can go in the ring, he must have lots of good traits for him to be a regular contributor for much of his WWE run (although again, poorly booked) - so I will see what he can do, he deserves a fresh start & people need to give him time to be able to do so.

·
Registered
24,457 Posts
I watched 45 minutes of the latest episode before turning it off. I do like the talent they'v collected and all but I don't know, I couldn't get that invested in the show. Maybe it's because unlike WWE or AEW, they have no one in the crowd and that just makes everything more awkward.

·
Registered
9,604 Posts
Forget where i saw the rumor of news but it said that Impact has a legit Impact TNA championship belt being made. Of course could just be rumor but if so what in the fuck would a Impact wrestling Total nonstop action championship even mean lol. Its super cool as a storyline of course with moose but if legit becomes a belt im confused.

You're Impact wrestling TNA champion. I mean could it be legit and feel more than just a gimmick like how legends belt was entirely gimmick.

·
Registered
9,604 Posts
I watched 45 minutes of the latest episode before turning it off. I do like the talent they'v collected and all but I don't know, I couldn't get that invested in the show. Maybe it's because unlike WWE or AEW, they have no one in the crowd and that just makes everything more awkward.

Ya it drives me nut that they still dont have a dozen people chanting. AEW was smart to start that trend. Massively helps

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
Is there a card for this week?

I watched last week, but couldn’t get into it yet - so did it with one eye more than anything

but I was interested enough to check it out again

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,285 Posts
I love Deonna and i loved her thicc body in NXT, but shes started to turn from thicc to fat, and its getting to where every other second in her matches she has to pull her tights up over her love handles and belly, its beginning to not look so attractive at this point. She either needs to get a new attire that covers her midsection or she needs to drop a few pounds.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Wrestle House was well... Interesting. Dreamer was actually funny at times, absolutely loved the "No Way Jose... No, we didn't sign him," part. Short matches suited it as its not the top male guys, hopefully we a get match if Rosemary, Taya or Kylie are involved.

Rest of show, great. Edwards vs Trey was good wrestling match, strange as opening match though. Deonna vs Kimber was an OK knockouts match and great showing of The Good Brothers in their debut. Like the advancement in Moose vs Heath, Sami vs RVD and Eddie vs EY, should be some good matches. Will be interesting to see if they have Heath win next week and troll us with the TNA title. They have hinted before at what would happen if Moose loses and current story with Heath is that of his boom period on Smackdown Live of winning a title to get a contract. EC3, and even Rhyno, can easily interfere costing Moose and would make it believable. EC3 can then claim its about controlling and eliminating the TNA past from his history as well as advancing the feud with Moose. I just hope this version of TNA world title isn't turned into the joke like when comical EY ran with the original whc, after announcing he found it in the trash, claiming he was champion. If Heath wins it, please remove it from TV and create a new mid card title, rather than Heath going round with the TNA title.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Pretty good show last night. I am disappointed that they started the night with the Impact World Championship Match as any main title belt in a company should be the main event and I think him and Trey should have gotten another 5 minutes and ended the show with the Eric Old tease and the streetfight could have happened before the final segment. I don't like that they are making the "Good Brothers" too dominant, not only did they own Reno Scum but they owned the street fight the last 2 weeks too even though outnumbered and "jumped." I get that they are ex-WWE guys but you don't have to make your talent look weak just because that, I have no doubt they will make Ace Austin and Madman Fulton look like crap in their eventual match. Other than that good show and I like the direction they are going.

@M1M2M3M4M5M6M7M8 - Wrestle House was entertaining enough, I definitely chuckled a few times. Taya Valkyrie has a really pretty face, never really noticed that before. Swinger plays the "creepy old dude" so well. All in all it was enjoyable and comedy that didn't feel forced or annoying, the comedy played off the characters natural gimmicks extremely well. Loled at Acey Romero needing the ENTIRE ring for his bed.

2121 - 2140 of 2164 Posts