839 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Ok - now I’m interested

thanks @BigCy @Chip Chipperson

I’ll try and track down the episode and give it a shot

ps> it should be abundantly clear I don’t mind teleportation :D :D
Cool. I think you'll enjoy the show. The Mack vs Bey X-Division match was weak compared to the Slammiversary match so catch the Slammiversary one if you can and try not to judge the guys on the TV rematch because both guys can do a whole lot more. The main event of World Tag Team Champs The North vs Motor City Machine Guns is some great tag team wrestling.

As far as Willie Mack guys....I think he's just kayfabe saying what he said because he lost to Bey twice in a row...I think he may take a small break and come back better...(I hope)...the only other company I want to see him in is NJPW.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,285 Posts
Josh Mathews saying more than once that EC3 “doesn’t work here” is just stupid. The guy is in the new opening for the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah they even played the guy's promo at the end of their biggest show of the year, and have been hyping his return over the last week. So yeah trying to go with the angle that "He doesn't work here" is beyond dumb, people could believe Scott Hall and Kevin Nash didn't work for WCW cause WCW never hyped them debuting there, WCW never showed them cutting a promo, they just showed up.

When you hype a guy returning, then go and say "hey he doesn't work here!" when he shows up just looks stupid.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,285 Posts
I don't think that Impact needs Brian Myers aka Curt Hawkins because they are starting to have too many ex-WWE jobber types.
I agree, its looking really obvious at this point they'll take whatever shit WWE throws out their back door like some desperate homeless bum taking scraps. And Brian Myers/Curt Hawkins has been on his own outside of WWE before and i wasn't impressed with him, so i don't see that changing now that he's once again on his own.

Theres some wrestlers WWE absolutely wastes and then they're able to leave and go be a star elsewhere and let their true talent shine through, and theres some that are just truly mediocre jobbers, like Sandow, most thought when he showed up in TNA "Awesome! now he can finally be used the way he should be and be pushed as a great wrestler and not be held back anymore as a jobber". Then people quickly started realizing "....um yeah this guy is trash and WWE was using him exactly how he should've been used all along i guess".

And Heath and Hawkins imo are truly jobbers that aint got much potential outside of being a jobber, i think if they try and push any of those guys like they did Sandow they're gonna fail.

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
I agree, its looking really obvious at this point they'll take whatever shit WWE throws out their back door like some desperate homeless bum taking scraps. And Brian Myers/Curt Hawkins has been on his own outside of WWE before and i wasn't impressed with him, so i don't see that changing now that he's once again on his own.

Theres some wrestlers WWE absolutely wastes and then they're able to leave and go be a star elsewhere and let their true talent shine through, and theres some that are just truly mediocre jobbers, like Sandow, most thought when he showed up in TNA "Awesome! now he can finally be used the way he should be and be pushed as a great wrestler and not be held back anymore as a jobber". Then people quickly started realizing "....um yeah this guy is trash and WWE was using him exactly how he should've been used all along i guess".

And Heath and Hawkins imo are truly jobbers that aint got much potential outside of being a jobber, i think if they try and push any of those guys like they did Sandow they're gonna fail.
I'll lose my shit if No Way Jose shows up next.

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
I'm kinda glad Deonna Purazzo is a champion and has the chance to show how good she can really be, i just don't get Kylie Rae at all though. She's just boring and cringe but she's not winning anyways so it's all good. I'm looking forward to seeing EC3 back in Impact and in the ring, i'm expecting big things for him and he kinda deserves it. The North/MCMG tag match main event was so freaking good, i was kinda shocked at the result but i'm definitely looking forward to more matches between them. Eddie Edwards & Eric Young is just kind meh. I'm happy that Impact picked up Curt Hawkins because i've always liked him and he seems like a really nice guy, interested in seeing how far he goes.

I'm definitely very interested in Impact and it's future.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
EC3, Curt Hawkins, Heath Slater, Eric Young... That's almost a WWE jobbers show.
I think at this point everyone has gotten wise that jobbing in WWE isn't relative to actual skill, you could make a similar argument about other companies when AEW does stuff like Cody vs Jake Hager but that got a decent enough reception. More importantly EC3 and Eric Young were pretty established in Impact before they went to WWE and got jobbed out there.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I think at this point everyone has gotten wise that jobbing in WWE isn't relative to actual skill, you could make a similar argument about other companies when AEW does stuff like Cody vs Jake Hager but that got a decent enough reception. More importantly EC3 and Eric Young were pretty established in Impact before they went to WWE and got jobbed out there.
Yeah i agree. I was just saying. I like EC3 and i think that what WWE did to him was awful. Eric Young is the same. But, Slater and Hawkins have eternal jobbers aura, i don´t know how Impact will change the mind of the fans about them.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I'm kinda glad Deonna Purazzo is a champion and has the chance to show how good she can really be, i just don't get Kylie Rae at all though. She's just boring and cringe but she's not winning anyways so it's all good. I'm looking forward to seeing EC3 back in Impact and in the ring, i'm expecting big things for him and he kinda deserves it. The North/MCMG tag match main event was so freaking good, i was kinda shocked at the result but i'm definitely looking forward to more matches between them. Eddie Edwards & Eric Young is just kind meh. I'm happy that Impact picked up Curt Hawkins because i've always liked him and he seems like a really nice guy, interested in seeing how far he goes.

I'm definitely very interested in Impact and it's future.
She just might not be your cup of tea and that's cool. She's just a super happy and bubbly woman (gimmick, maybe real life too.) In "real life" girls who are spunky and peppy like her turn me on like no other. I know it's just a gimmick but I chub a bit when she's on and I'm 37. Those are the type of girls I date irl.

100% agree on that tag match...best tag match I've seen in a long time.

2101 - 2120 of 2164 Posts