Wrestling Forum banner

2041 - 2060 of 2068 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm cool with EY and one other. No need to bring in a big group all at once.

This weeks show was one of the best. Start to finish and it seemed like the right people won.

I want more Kiera and Tasha.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I would love an EC3 and Spud reunion even if it is just for one night. Anderson/Gallows names keep coming up being connected to Impact. Even if that is a one off to take on The North, that's a really cool match.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Impact has been unpredictable the last few weeks which is the best thing that Wrestling can be. Nobody expected Jake to turn on Dave and... join cancel culture? Nobody expected Trey to beat Elgin, Nobody expected it to be Wentz vs Austin Aries in the finals. Nobody expected that Slammiversary promo. Also a note about Wentz replacing Trey; I think they did that to not make Trey look weak because Ace Austin has beaten him at least 3 times, also it leads to another 'whodunnit' angle which is great and will keep viewers tuning in!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
^Yep, it's what I've always loved with Impact is that it has always been unpredictable whether it's different match stips, strange booking, stars leaving and debuting, new factions etc. Something is always happening.

Interesting to see that they are doing Elgin vs Callihan vs Shamrock as well as Grace vs Taya rematch next week. Also just been announced that there is an announcement regarding the World title to (as heard Tessa didn't do latest tapings either) so hoping it all now leading to King Of The Mountain Match for the title. Ace Austin can qualify due to his tournament win and him and Moose could interfere in the 3 way between Shamrock, Elgin and Sami thus leading to a 5 Way that's suitable for Slammiversary. Would be entertaining and unpredictable match with any of guys who could win. Tournament really helped build Ace up a bit, Shamrock's latest run has been impressive whilst Elgin, Sami & Moose are doing their best work at moment. Although, would like to see Eddie Edwards in latest tapings as he could easily replace Moose and then have Moose defend TNA title against past star at PPV, maybe even the Slammiversary promo mystery guy(s).

·
Registered
173 Posts
A little better show this week I thought. It's on at 9pm here (4pm ET) on a Wednesday night so I often record it and just whizz through it in about 45-60 mins. Ace Austin is growing on me a bit. Quite like the women's division in generel, and Deonna's arrivial makes it even more interesting, especially as it looks like she is going straight to the main event scene, and Slammiversary is slowly starting to take a bit of shape. There's still a lot that I can't be bothered with, XXL and a few others, which I often just fast forward, but quite enjoyed this episode, rather than mainly watching for the sake of having wrestling on our TV screens here.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Haven't watched properly in a while but what happened to Sami Callihan? Dude looks like Cartman from South Park. The vest looks like it's choking him. Obviously didn't take losing to Tessa very well

·
Registered
530 Posts
Yeah he's holding a phone that turns the lights off and he disappears, but he looks like complete shit. Say whatever about WWE, but at least they had him looking good. He's also using the same gimmick he had in NXT
Which was Sami's idea, then WWE got involved as they always do & ruined it.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Impact are keeping the momentum and unpredictably going every week. Who would of thought a few weeks back that Ove would be gone and Jake Christ would go with Joey Ryan and now Fulton with Austin. I do like both pairings as Jacob can either be a fresh team with Ryan or RVD, or a free bird style trio or gets to re-showcase in x division with Joey as manager. With Fulton, him and Austin can be very impressive with Fulton being muscle behind arrogance of Austin, I love it and hopefully it's as successful as Shawn with Diesel.

Regarding Sami in hacker gimmick, I quite enjoy it as its a modern take on Sting and Taker vanishing. Plus, when he's still heel in feuds, him keep disappearing is better than the typical heel group beat down that we had with Ove. My only worry is the potential team with Shamrock that they are teasing as they shouldn't be the ones to defeat The North. Was hinted more tonight post The North's defence with the backstage crew watching Shamrock on ipad. If Shamrock and Sami team, I can see it being only short term before they clash again, most likely Bound For Glory so The North should be losing to a team that benefits the division rather than just random 2 main eventers pairing.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
This will go down well with WF but I've really fucking enjoyed the last few episodes of Impact. If they can make a few good decisions around who they're signing from the WWE sackings they could be onto something here. They're certainly not trying to be something they're not and that means they're coming into to their own.

Are they still based in Canada? Do you guys think being based in Canada is helping or hindering them?

·
Registered
530 Posts
This will go down well with WF but I've really fucking enjoyed the last few episodes of Impact. If they can make a few good decisions around who they're signing from the WWE sackings they could be onto something here. They're certainly not trying to be something they're not and that means they're coming into to their own.

Are they still based in Canada? Do you guys think being based in Canada is helping or hindering them?
It's definitely not a hindrance, I don't think it would've been much different (if at all) if they considered themselves 'US'. I do think it might have swung signing Elgin for example. The roster is very Canadian heavy (and going to get heavier).

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Impact Wrestling has been having a good, constant show now for a awhile and its great to see more people now seeing it. Ive also found it the easiest to watch out of lock down shows due to them not changing anything with their style or camera approach. WWE and AEW both changed camera angles to face stage whilst Impact have been doing it for years, plus Impact Wrestling crowd has never been the loudest so to me, barely been any difference from normal shows.

With the new signing(s) incoming, here's hoping Impact don't fall into the trap of trying to change to much and they still do what they have been doing great with good, interesting stories as well as unpredictability.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Impact has been unpredictable the last few weeks which is the best thing that Wrestling can be. Nobody expected Jake to turn on Dave and... join cancel culture? Nobody expected Trey to beat Elgin, Nobody expected it to be Wentz vs Austin Aries in the finals. Nobody expected that Slammiversary promo. Also a note about Wentz replacing Trey; I think they did that to not make Trey look weak because Ace Austin has beaten him at least 3 times, also it leads to another 'whodunnit' angle which is great and will keep viewers tuning in!

Agreed. Impact is killing this "fanless" era

·
Registered
206 Posts
Swinger was AWESOME this week. His backstage stuff was great Silly Willie Mizark, Crizap, I love Dino. Pus Fulton got a clean win over Eddie. Tasha and Kiera are becoming must see tv.

2041 - 2060 of 2068 Posts