Wrestling Forum banner

181 - 200 of 2026 Posts

·
Intoner
6,558 Posts
I liked the show.
Cant deny some obvious flaws, but it was fun and not stale.

Couple of points:

- I expected opener to be better. Simply not "x division" enough. Bad crowd also hurt.

- Loved Aries' interview. Great concept and great execution.

- Fuck reruns. Aries vs. Roode was so out of place.

- LVN is so good as a character. She'll be missed.

- Hania is a total package. Shame it didn't work out. They need a hottie on the roster. Time to bring Ava Storie back.
Rosemary looks phenomenal.

- Seems like Callis gets that Trevor Lee is talanted, good.

- oVe segment was another fresh feature that I thought was fun. Backstage segments in general got better. Music themes too.

- I'm not sure why, but I started to dislike EC3 a lot lately. While I wish LVN and Lashley stayed, I really feel indifferent about Ethan.

- Main event was fun. Lacking of big spots though. Mooses injurie actually kinda pushed the importance of the match. Cool.

Looking forward for next week. Sounds fun.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
If anything just having a none face and heel dynamic made the commentary feel more sporty.

Good show, but you’re not going to see any real push forward until the April tapings.

·
Registered
8,854 Posts
294K, .08, 123 in Top 150

So while the overall viewership dipped the demo actually went up and they were higher in the Top 150

·
BIG KAIJU~
5,987 Posts
Not a bad Impact this week the X-Division Tag Team Match wasn't bad. It was more of a teaser for Fantasma vs Ishimori next week for the X-Division Title which if they don't shake hands the whole time it should be very good. Cult of Lee vs two Jobbers was boring, but they pissed off the wrong guys in LAX, and the new beard of Conley will give him no help versus that crazy team. Van Ness vs Hogan was about the same quality wise as last week. Hogan is okay as a talent, we will see if she gets better because geez the Division needs talent. Hania vs Nova was structured the wrong way Hania should of destroyed her, but instead if was 50/50 which is so wrong to do if you want to build her up.

oVe kidnapping Lashley and putting him in the Trunk of his Car yeah that interests me, what is the beef he has with them even know he's leaving lol. Lastly the Main Event to decide the new one contender of the Impact World Title was good and man big ups to Moose fighting through a legit injury to finish the Match. I thought he was doing some grade A acting here, but he is hurt and I hope it isn't a long term thing. Next week should be better Hania vs Rosemary, Cage debut, Ishimori vs Fantasma, and Drake vs Aries 2 for the Impact World Title.

·
Banned
8,928 Posts
If anything just having a none face and heel dynamic made the commentary feel more sporty.

Good show, but you’re not going to see any real push forward until the April tapings.

i hope so im really hoping. Its going to be a big mistake if they dont make the next tapings on the road somewhere

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
2,169 Posts
We get impact in the U.K. On Fridays , it was ok last night not too much going on , so lashley is gonna leave there Brian cage to replace him , mmm... seen him in house of hardcore 37 v sami Callahan is pretty adaptable in ring never seen him cut a promo, what a daft creative OVE Kiddnapping lashley lol ffs , ec3 still on tapings is a bit daft knowing he's going to NXT, overall I think moose is get better each week I'd like to see him as a main event card in future, the future I see looking bright for IMPACT! Peace

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
Callihan w/a camera & beating people up outside of a gym. It's 2010 again. :monkey

Sonjay dodging questions by Josh b/c he doesn't know what the hell he's doing, lmao. So he's terrible at everything. Check. Replace this duo immediately. Unbearable.

·
Registered
642 Posts
A few thoughts,

Once Moose heals he needs to be pushed hard and as a monster, I hate watching him wrestle 50/50 matches against smaller guys. He also needs a mouthpiece, he's been wasting away for too long.

Hania is a treat to look at, sucks that she's already gone. Hogan needs to improve but another treat to watch.

I pray Cage isn't fumbled around like they do a lot of new talent.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Eli Drake deserves to be champion more than Aries. A year ago, two years, three years, I would have been hyped to see A Double with the gold, but now I can't enjoy it. The title switched hands in such a lame way.

It was a Heel's card besides main. Hell, to me Eli was the face and Aries the heel. Lots of cheating, attacking after the matches. Tyrus is back, must be because Double J is gone. Lashley is a beast. No Moose tonight, dang it.

They showed the BS/LVN wedding, and now just about all of them are gone. Except Allie, and Van Ness for the moment, I believe. The payoff to the secret admirer plot was weak. Not a good week imo from a fan's standpoint.

Brian Cage "debuted", which was awesome. Hard to believe he got rejected on Gutcheck. Awesome squash match. HE'S A MACHIIIIIINE!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thursday's Impact Wrestling episode, featuring World Champion Austin Aries retaining over Eli Drake in the main event, drew 300,000 viewers. This is up from last week's 294,000 viewers.

Impact ranked #130 on the Cable Top 150 this week. Last week's show ranked #123.
wrestlinginc

·
Registered
8,854 Posts
Solid numbers again this week. I am impressed they are keeping the demo at .07 and it has not dropped.

181 - 200 of 2026 Posts