Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 688 Posts

· GOAT
4,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Surely the IWC has more F1 fans than just me, and I couldn't see any other thread so here goes! In a sad way to start the thread, Renault Driver Robert Kubica has been involved in a rally crash, multiple fractures to his left leg and arm, doctors haven't yet addressed rumours that his arm might require amputation.

Sad news, hope he's back in time for the mid-season break, future world champion for sure.

a month till the season starts, can't wait :D

· ✔
29,933 Posts
funny, we were just discussing this in the chatbox. very sad about kubica, but you have to question why he was rallying/about to rally during pre season testing.

very excited for the new season. looks to be a 5 horse race early from reports with ferrari, mclaren, red bull, mercedes and renault all being fast.

· GOAT
4,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Kubica's rally car.

Hamilton for the world title this season. Apparently the new Mclaren is ace.
For the benefit of those who haven't seen it:

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/mcl26_7.jpg
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/mcl26_12.jpg

Looks like it'll be a monster, it's what I love about F1 lately, the unpredictability, as Kiz said it's anyone's title between those 5, if you believe the reports saying how they've performed in pre-season testing

· SMILEY GOD
34,465 Posts
unless the likes of red bull, renault and mercedes produce a car significantly faster than anyone else (i.e. mclaren and ferrari), then the better drivers will prevail - hamilton and alonso, followed by button. obviously red bull have had by a mile the best car for the last season and a half.

· Registered
2,471 Posts
Damn you Husky, I was going to start a thread about this. Shame about Kubica, there's a chance his Formula 1 career is over, I'm hoping not.

Bruno Senna and Romain Grosjean are reported to be favourites to replace him if he were to miss the start of the season. I'd go with Nick Heidfeld instead, they'll need a reliable driver to go with Petrov.

· GOAT
4,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think they'll measure the extent of Kubica's injuries first, if he'll miss the few races then they'll call up a test driver, if he misses the season, there's a chance they'll go for a young but promising talent i.e Sutil, Kobayashi, Hulkenberg. If it's the latter though, I think that'd put them out of contention for the title, Petrov and Hulkenberg would have a combined 2 years experience etc.

· GOAT
4,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Would you lot give Senna the seat until Kubica recovers?

He was crap at HRT compared to Chandhok but we've never seen him in a car that's remotely capable.
Same can be said for a lot of drivers really. I think Senna's the safest bet for the job now, but Petrov already has the experience of a Renault, so you could say that he'll definitely do better than Senna, then again Senna has been the one testing the car more often than the other 2

· ✔
29,933 Posts
i absolutely would. i thought the other candidate was grosjean, who has already had a stint in the renault before. i liked what i saw of bruno, even though it was very little in a car that was miles off the pace. give him a go in a real car, it can't hurt. there's no one else of any quality, he's young, he deserves a go.

· Registered
2,471 Posts
Looks like it's down to Heidfeld and Senna now. I personally would love to see Nick Heidfeld win a grand prix, but I can't see it happening, maybe he'll break the record of most races without a win in a couple of years, Andrea de Cesaris holds that record as of present, correct me if i'm wrong.

Nick should do well if he does get the drive, he did outrace Kubica 2 out of 3 seasons they were teammates.

1 - 20 of 688 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.