Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 296 Posts

·
In the Heat of the Moment
33,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Didn't see a thread on this game, but I am quite excited. Sadly I still have a PS2, so will probably end up with that version. Here are some of the new quirks.

* Next Gen Gameplay Engine (PC) - The game engine that is used for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 versions of the game will now be used on the PC. [3]

* FIFA World (PC) This will allow the player to customize their online avatar, compete with players from all over the world and fight for positions on the leaderboard

* Personality+ (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3) is a system intended to improve the way that players' individual abilities are reflected in-game, resulting in clearer differentiation between players. Personality+ utilises a database containing 36 attributes and 57 traits for each player, maintained by a worldwide network of 1700 scouts, editors, and reviewers.[4]

* Pro Passing (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3) is a new passing system where the gamer's own accuracy with the control pad, as well as the situation and skills of the players on the pitch, determines the accuracy of each pass.[4]

* Creation Centre (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3) is a new web-based application which allows the user to create material to download to their console and share with their friends. Created teams names, kits and players can be customised and players can be edited in a more in-depth way than before. Create a player by choosing his appearance, accessories and attributes and then create an original team with a distinctive crest and kits, complete with home stadium.[5]

* Custom soundtracks For the first time in the series the player will be able to create their own personalised soundtrack by importing their favourite music into the game. Customised chants can also be imported and a club's anthems and chants can be set to play during introductions, halftime, after goals, or at the end of matches. The player's virtual pro's name can be chanted in the stadium.[6]

* Career Mode (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3) Be A Pro mode and Manager mode have been merged into the new Career mode, where the player can choose to be a player, manager, or player-manager over fifteen seasons.[7] Many improvements have been made to Career Mode, one being that when signing new players you will have to agree a transfer fee with the club but also other personal demands from the player, the club could also agree a fee with 2 teams for a player, but the player will discuss personal terms with both clubs before making a decision. The board of a club can decide to give the manager a contract extension or not, this will depend on certain objectives being met, or if they feel that you have potential as a manager. The manager reputation rating is still in the game and will go up or down depending on your efforts. Regular E-mails will appear from the coach telling you about player growth, and if a player is gaining or losing overall rating, the coach will also tell you about players that are hitting form and will suggest you include them in your starting line up for the next match or give them a bit more responsibility. On the player growth screen you will also get comments from the coach like “Has reached his potential, isn’t going to grow anymore” or “could develop quickly if given game time”. A new budget allocator has also been implemented, the player can adjust the slider to whatever they desire, whether it will be a 80/20 split with £50 Million to spend and £200K wage budget or a 60/40 split and that may be £40 Million to spend and £250K wage budget. This gives some flexibility if you are trying to buy specific players but haven’t got the wages to cover it, or don’t need the wages and want a bit more free cash. There is a limit however, when doing this you get the notification this is only available 3 times so the player must make their decisions wisely.[8]

* Street Football (Wii) Players can now play 5 vs 5 street football as well as the traditional 11 vs 11. Each street player has a distinctive style of play with unique abilities to match, and for the first time, head on indoors to play with many additional customizable features.[9]

* Goalkeeper Intelligence (All Platforms) Goalkeepers now have more urgency and better perception of where to intercept loose balls, resulting in a more responsive and powerful rushing system. Goalkeepers are now more agile and can get better saves. New animation warping technology provides game-realistic goalkeeper positioning and momentum, resulting in more varied scoring opportunities.[10]

* Manual Leaderboard (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC) It has been confirmed that there will be a separate leaderboard this year for players that use the manual control setup. [11]

* Improved Celebrations (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3) Celebrations will now use the in-game camera rather than separate cutscenes. It is also confirmed that team mates can now join in celebrations. Also, only more skilled or acrobatic players can perform the more acrobatic celebrations, such as a back flip. FIFA 11 also includes players' signature celebrations, which they can perform with a simple push of a button, for example if the player scores with Tim Cahill the player will box the corner flag
And btw, America get a pretty shit cover. .

Why is Carlos Vela even on there? If its to appeal to the Mexican region, than they really should have gone with Chicharito

·
Registered
262 Posts
Re: FIFA 11 Thread

Why is Carlos Vela even on there? If its to appeal to the Mexican region, than they really should have gone with Chicharito
Vela has always been the most promising young star to come out of Mexico, and has been the face of the Mexican national team for the past four years. Fernandez only recently made his debut and hasn't even made his first start for Manchester United. Did he lead Mexico through qualifying to the World Cup? No. It was Vela who did. Fernandez was a complete nobody before Ferguson signed him, and still hasn't really proved himself. Remember what happened to his last signing from the Americas? Kleberson's his name and if you don't remember him, I don't blame you, heh.

Donovan, also, was a pretty easy choice.
Kaka's not even the best player at Real.
I beg to disagree. He's the real playmaker in the side and the guy who strings together each pass, therefore being their best player. If you're talking about Cristiano Ronaldo, all he does is attempt to convert the chances made by Kaka, or score cheap free kicks.

·
In the Heat of the Moment
33,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

Well if you look at it that way, then yah I guess. Hasn't done much in an Arsenal uniform in a while though, so him having that on still sucks. But still its expected, I mean our Fifa 10 had Sacha Kljestan on the cover.

And about Kaka, he has yet to do anything with Real. He's had one injury plagued season. He may be the most gifted player of the team with previous stats, but has yet to show it at Real. Ronaldo may have been the better choice. But its just a cover, doesn't really matter anyways.

·
✔
21,668 Posts

Hell, the Aussie cover will probably have Rooney, Kaka and Cahill, or any combination of the three.

Vela has always been the most promising young star to come out of Mexico, and has been the face of the Mexican national team for the past four years. Fernandez only recently made his debut and hasn't even made his first start for Manchester United. Did he lead Mexico through qualifying to the World Cup? No. It was Vela who did. Fernandez was a complete nobody before Ferguson signed him, and still hasn't really proved himself. Remember what happened to his last signing from the Americas? Kleberson's his name and if you don't remember him, I don't blame you, heh.

I beg to disagree. He's the real playmaker in the side and the guy who strings together each pass, therefore being their best player. If you're talking about Cristiano Ronaldo, all he does is attempt to convert the chances made by Kaka, or score cheap free kicks.
Nah, I think Casillas is.

·
Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me
8,234 Posts

Really hyped for the game this year, as I'm bored of FIFA 10.

And I can't say I agree with Kaka being on any of the covers. Maybe for 08 or 09, but now not really. He hasn't been the same Kaka since leaving Milan.

·
Registered
267 Posts

Terrible analysis.

Chicharito isn't Mexico's biggest young prospect? Tell that to the huge poster at the Nike store. Tell that to the thousands of people that followed him when United toured America. Tell that to the fact he's scored in every game since the world cup. Tell that to the billboard of him outside the Nike store in Mexico which has the tag line "You leave as a hero, return as a legend" and "The future of an entire nation is at your feet". Vela who's played for Mexico since '07 has scored 9, Hernandez who's played for Mexico since '09 has scored 10. He didn't lead Mexico to the world cup but he only scored in the finals against Argentina and France...

Xabi Alonso is the guy who "strings together each pass" Kaka was piss poor for Madrid last season. He was injured for most of the season and was regularly substituted when he did play. Your interpretation of Ronaldo's contribution alone shows your lack of knowledge of the sport.

...Fifa 11 should be awesome though!

·
Valar Morghulis
7,600 Posts

Hopefully the Career mode is an improvement on Manager Mode from last year, which while awesome had a few flaws to it. Looking forward to this though.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts

I'm really looking forward to this, Fifa is the only game franchise I follow. If it's anything like the World Cup game I can see myself playing this for hours on end.

·
So good they named it thrice
6,336 Posts

I would love them to make manager mode more immersion. It still feels too easy sometimes.
They have. You can be player-manager, etc this year. It also advances daily and not to each match, allowing you to do more, you also have to agree to the fee and then personal details with the player you're trying to sign.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts

Fifa world cup 2010 game was quality, I advise picking it up now for cheap as Fifa 11 isn't out for 2 months. No more gay cheap lobs over the keepers, atmosphere is far better, no more constant hitting the post, far more satisfactory when you scored a long range goal. But fifa 11 has me excited due to the new player models, better graphics and sound, and game play, but im worried about this personality + feature. I fear this will ruin online ever more with sad fake supporters just picking Real, Barca or chelsea and passing to Drogba/Ronaldo/Messi and running like they do in fifa 10. Ever more players will pick 5* teams all the time.

1 - 20 of 296 Posts