Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
What's the point of announce Ricardo? hes the servant of ADR of course he follows him...hmm wonder if is a hint that they are going to make him wrestle.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Good. He was more tolerable on SD than RAW anyway. Hopefully this doesn't curb all of Danielson's momentum though.

I'm sure ADR on Smackdown is because of the Latino viewers but I've never understood that issue. Are Mexicans notorious for staying in and watching TV on Friday nights or what?

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,154 Posts
I'm sure ADR on Smackdown is because of the Latino viewers but I've never understood that issue. Are Mexicans notorious for staying in and watching TV on Friday nights or what?
Wrestling is a cultural and familial outlet of entertainment for a lot of Mexicans and Mexican-Americans in a way that is markedly unique compared to many other American wrestling fans. Between Eddie Guerrero in 2004-2005 and Rey Mysterio in 2005-2006 and Dave Batista in 2005-2008, they really drew a vibrant Hispanic audience.

I always thought Del Rio belonged on Smackdown for that reason, and it'll probably be Sin Cara's primary home, too. Hunico can be a solid midcarder there, too.

(Should be noted that the move to Syfy has doubtless changed certain demographic factors.)

Anyway, Del Rio belongs on Smackdown for a whole host of reasons. So glad that he's been moved. Never felt right on Raw.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Good. He was more tolerable on SD than RAW anyway. Hopefully this doesn't curb all of Danielson's momentum though.

No fucking way xD , but kids watch it a lot because is a new product.SD and RAW started airing here on public channels not a long time ago(2009 if I remember well).

SD was one of the most watched programs on Mexico but since the super shows started the ratings got a critical hit, maybe Vince desperate wanna bring del Rio back to help ratings.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
At this point, does it really matter if Del Rio switches brands? He'll be back on Raw before the year is over. The talent that Vince actually cares about is going to shift back and forth from Raw/Smackdown.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts