Wrestling Forum banner

141 - 148 of 148 Posts

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
so many cinematic trailers.....so little actual gameplay footage
welcome to the world of modern gaming where they sell a product by playing off your own imagination and false hype.

game companies tend to sink more money into marketing than the actual games with the plan being that they can trick you into believing the game is going to be amazing not how good the game actually is.

death stranding is much like that in some regards. There is a massive amount of hype around that game but nobody really knows what the game is really. The interest is based more on intrigue and mystery than actual views on the game itself.

·
The Sundance Kid
18,345 Posts
Beyond hyped for Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Studios. :mark: I've played so much DOS over the last year and still haven't gotten around to DOS2 which looks amazing. Gonna have to actually focus on finishing a DOS playthrough so I can start on DOS2 before BG3 comes out. I'm the worst offender of constantly re-rolling characters in CRPGs so that I never finish anything. :mj2 Have probably played the first 5-10 hours of Pillars of Eternity like 10 times. Need to play POE2 as well still...sigh.

Didn't really see too much else to get excited about from this year's E3. Elden Ring will probably be awesome but I didn't need E3 to know that. :lol GRRM and From Software is a wet dream. Not gonna play Fallen Order because fuck EA.

·
Registered
473 Posts
welcome to the world of modern gaming where they sell a product by playing off your own imagination and false hype.

game companies tend to sink more money into marketing than the actual games with the plan being that they can trick you into believing the game is going to be amazing not how good the game actually is.

death stranding is much like that in some regards. There is a massive amount of hype around that game but nobody really knows what the game is really. The interest is based more on intrigue and mystery than actual views on the game itself.
It'd take years of playing MMOs for me to come to the conclusion that we as gamers are just beta testers for developers. They blow it all on marketing because they don't think they need to play-test their games to make sure it's actually good. Same applies to single player(see: anything made by bethesda).

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
It'd take years of playing MMOs for me to come to the conclusion that we as gamers are just beta testers for developers. They blow it all on marketing because they don't think they need to play-test their games to make sure it's actually good. Same applies to single player(see: anything made by bethesda).
exactly, its the reason why the "sell it now, fix it later" mentality exists, they don't actually give a shit how good the game is on release day, its just a case of marketing the game efficiently enough that people will purchase it before they can even know if its worth the cash or not.

once they get your money in their bank account, they can just stick their middle finger up because they've got what they were after. A major reason why no-one should be pre-ordering games. If they couldnt rely on pre-orders they would have to ensure that the game is worth buying when it releases, eg actually functional and worth playing.

141 - 148 of 148 Posts