41 - 60 of 398 Posts

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
16,374 Posts

·
Registered
14,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Because the over use of tournaments, battle royales, and ladder matches with title shot implications kinda takes away the important of the ranking system. While it works for the story. Page losing a match that would've gotten him a title shot, missing 2 months just to get given the spot in a ladder match with title implications just kills the sporting thing. Why not give it to somebody that was around and winning in the time span. You know validate the stipulation of the match and rankings.
most of the top 5 have been defeated at this point - and should ‘defeating 20 other men’ put you as rank 1 anyway?

or ‘defeating 6 other men in a ladder match’ - seeing as a lot of people in the ladder match was top 5 to start with - hangman didn’t beat a bunch of nobodies after all

nothing was invalidated - in kayfabe, Hangman was around the top 5 for 6 months now - in and out / he was a fine choice for joker

·
Registered
31,932 Posts
most of the top 5 have been defeated at this point - and should ‘defeating 20 other men’ put you as rank 1 anyway?

or ‘defeating 6 other men in a ladder match’ - seeing as a lot of people in the ladder match was top 5 to start with - hangman didn’t beat a bunch of nobodies after all

nothing was invalidated - in kayfabe, Hangman was around the top 5 for 6 months now - in and out / he was a fine choice for joker
Page deserves it because him and the story are over. But if wins and losses are supposed to matter he shouldn't have had the opportunity because he lost his last match which was for a title shot and he hadn't worked in 2 months.

But as somebody who's a fan of WWE it doesn't bother me, they do that shit frequently. It's just AEW kind of kills their ranking systems. Because clearly the ladder match is solely done to circumvent the ratings. Which is why I and others think it's kinda dumb.

·
Registered
14,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Page deserves it because him and the story are over. But if wins and losses are supposed to matter he shouldn't have had the opportunity because he lost his last match which was for a title shot and he hadn't worked in 2 months.

But as somebody who's a fan of WWE it doesn't bother me, they do that shit frequently. It's just AEW kind of kills their ranking systems. Because clearly the ladder match is solely done to circumvent the ratings. Which is why I and others think it's kinda dumb.
the ladder match was stacked with top ranked guys though / nobody left over that either didn’t have a match or was conceivably higher ranked than Hangers even with a 2 month layoff

remember, he was number 1 - and didn’t lose a singles

·
Registered
31,932 Posts
the ladder match was stacked with top ranked guys though / nobody left over that either didn’t have a match or was conceivably higher ranked than Hangers even with a 2 month layoff

remember, he was number 1 - and didn’t lose a singles
But again 2 months of inactivity should eliminate him from consideration if W/L's and rankings matter. In a sporting sense he should've been somebody in the hypothetical 6 and 7 spots since the rankings are updated weekly and the rest of the men's roster had been active. It's just a thing where they created a needless way to poke fun of them by adding in unnecessary things like rankings

·
Registered
14,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
But again 2 months of inactivity should eliminate him from consideration if W/L's and rankings matter. In a sporting sense he should've been somebody in the hypothetical 6 and 7 spots since the rankings are updated weekly and the rest of the men's roster had been active. It's just a thing where they created a needless way to poke fun of them by adding in unnecessary things like rankings
who could feasibly take that spot?

… Miro (dammit)

Nevermind - good chat as always Rap

something something, pretend i make a good point about the joker and rankings and we leave it there :D

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
35,244 Posts
lol - i was legit looking for a couple minutes there

yeah, she really should have something - they have a bad habit of not featuring the champs well enough except around ppv time
This is the second time they have underwhelming cards in my city. I really wanted a reason to go this time. Last time, Darby's coffin match got postponed. Now, no prominent segment for neither Darby nor Britt.

·
Registered
14,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
This is the second time they have underwhelming cards in my city. I really wanted a reason to go this time. Last time, Darby's coffin match got postponed. Now, no prominent segment for neither Darby nor Britt.
there’ll for sure be a Darby / MJF…. Something

and what about Bryan Danielson?!

·
Ho!
18,839 Posts
Darby seems to not want you to watch him wrestle in-person. :unsure:

·
Southern Pride
Pink Passion
5,739 Posts
Been thinking all day that Dynamite is tonight annnnnddddddddddddddddd I forgot that it's happening Saturday. :(

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
16,374 Posts
Alright, this might not 100% happen, and the lineup itself could look very different to my scenario here; but I can easily see the Eliminator tournament having these 8 men:

• Adam Cole
  • Andrade El Idolo
  • Bryan Danielson
  • Christian Cage
  • Jon Moxley
  • Lance Archer
  • Orange Cassidy
  • Pac

I can also see the Eliminator tournament shaping out to look something like this too:

1st Round (or Quarter Finals):

- Bryan Danielson vs Lance Archer

- Christian Cage vs Adam Cole

- Pac vs Andrade El Idolo

- Orange Cassidy vs Jon Moxley

Semi Finals:

- Bryan Danielson vs Pac

- Jon Moxley vs Adam Cole

Finals (at Full Gear):

- Bryan Danielson vs Adam Cole

How does this sound to you, folks? :eek:

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Since Dynamite is on Saturday, could you see Hangman challenging Omega at Full Gear on Rampage and not waiting til the next night?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
TK has already said it's Omega v Hangman at Full Gear

Dunno why he didn't officially announce it on the show though

41 - 60 of 398 Posts