Wrestling Forum banner
381 - 401 of 422 Posts

·
Registered
7,820 Posts
Cause Cody wont stop until he gets a win, they must wrestle until Cody can do it, cause almighty Cody always has to get the final win, then the feud can be over.
He’s literally stealing Jericho’s story vs MJF. Just like he literally inserted himself into Darby’s feud (in place of Moxley) with Team Taz. Just like he literally stole Jericho’s idea of wrestling Orange Cassidy to keep himself relevant.

Fuck this motherfucker, man. Why can do many of you not see this shit!?

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Ooo I didn't even think about that/ Bryan taking Kingston out of the tournament would be even more fuel for Moxley to get "bad" against Bryan.

How has it lost it's appeal (Bryan/Omega being about who the best is)? They never actually found out since it went to a 30-minute draw. That is literally the only thing that the match really has going for it, and they do still have that story to tell. The title doesn't need to be in the mix for it, and the match doesn't need to have the title.

The crowd is still really hot for Hangman, and honestly I don't think he's lost any steam based off the last couple of weeks. If anything, I think his absence worked in his favor. People got the Punk and Bryan debuts hype out of their system (both still being incredibly over though), and Page came in and made his big return. Fans were ready for it months ago, and fans are clearly still ready for it. I understand there are those that think the ship has sailed, but there's really no indication of that at this time and that argument holds no weight.

Now if you want to argue who has the better catalog of potential matches to justify Hangman losing at Full Gear, cool. Certainly I can understand where you're coming from on that. However I disagree because Omega's only interesting match beyond Page would be Bryan. However I think Page/Heel Moxley is more interesting. Page/Bryan with proper build will eventually be a very interesting prospect (I think for May/June PPV, where Bryan beats Omega at Revolution and they build to Page/Bryan from there), Page/Heel Cody, Page/Miro, Page/MJF, Page/Darby if you want to have a face vs. face match between the two most over homegrown AEW talents... any of those would be better than Omega alternatives imo. You cement a star in Page, and you can still go to Bryan after that at some point. Bryan's a guy who can stay over, and the longer they keep him from the AEW Title, the more fans will want to see him as champion.
It's lost its appeal in the sense that in when you're attempting to decipher who the better in ring performer is the result is irrelevant, hence why the title wasn't on the line in the first place.

I think Hangman vs a heel Mox would be a great matchup, but we need to get there. Face Hangman vs Face Bryan is certainly significantly less intriguing which I'm sure you can agree is a more likely outcome.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
“at some point the referee might want to consider counting.” - Jim Ross

I’m right there with you JR..
It's has been heavily implied by the commentators on past shows that Rick Knox is on the take for the Elite. He is always the ref for their matches if you've haven't noticed.

I think the problem for most people is they didn't ram it down every one's throat week after week telling us so if you missed it well.....

AEW is not the hand holding type of promotion. You really got to pay attention when you are watching.

Glad I could help out.

·
rasslin
9,044 Posts
It's has been heavily implied by the commentators on past shows that Rick Knox is on the take for the Elite. He is always the ref for their matches if you've haven't noticed.

I think the problem is for most people is they didn't ram it down every one's throat week after week telling us so if you missed it well.....

AEW is not the hand holding type of promotion. You really got to pay attention when you are watching.

Glad I could help out.
You’d think if a corrupt official is so obvious that someone in management might step in.. no?

·
Registered
7,820 Posts
You’d think if a corrupt official is so obvious that someone in management might step in.. no?
The payoff will occur. JUST LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE IN AEW.

Rick Knox ALWAYS being the ref for the Bucks’ matches will be addressed one day. Likely with details and nuance dating back to when they hand-delivered his contract to him at BAR wrestling or whatever it was.

And you’ll call it luck or just backwards booking.

·
Registered
7,820 Posts
Love how Bryan has been winning with different moves, Cattle Mutilation, Running Knee, Heel Hook, i love that they're making it like he can win with anything at any time.
Yeah. Will make Kenny kicking out and not tapping to any of them even more special.

·
rasslin
9,044 Posts
The payoff will occur. JUST LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE IN AEW.

Rick Knox ALWAYS being the ref for the Bucks’ matches will be addressed one day. Likely with details and nuance dating back to when they hand-delivered his contract to him at BAR wrestling or whatever it was.

And you’ll call it luck or just backwards booking.
He’s been a shitty ref since AEW started. There is no payoff that could possibly make having the worst ref in wrestling history have a place on your show for 2 years.

No one will give a fuck about his shitty reffing background. Those who do already excuse his terrible reffing and those who don’t already had to sit through two years of terrible reffing that takes away from every single match.

Just because something is done over a long period of time does not mean it’s good. The anonymous GM went on for years, if the reveal was good it would still be a very shitty story.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
17,119 Posts
Alright, I just got back home over an hour ago:

Here are the most over men from the Miami crowd tonight:

1. Adam Page
2. CM Punk
3. Bryan Danielson
4. Sammy Guevara
5. Chris Jericho
6. Adam Cole

* Kenny Omega was a weird one since he got an initial loud pop when he first appeared on the screen backstage.

* Cody Rhodes was a weird mixed bag too, but I won't expand any further. He's still loved by plenty. That's all I'll say.

*Tony Khan was obviously loved too.

Here are the most over women from the Miami crowd tonight:

1. Britt Baker
2. Thunder Rosa
3. Ruby Soho (easily third)
4. Anna Jay

* Aubrey Edwards was loved by the crowd too.

Most hated heels:

1. Dan Lambert
2. MJF

·
15,110 Posts
Malakai Black vs Dante was very solid. Dante continues to improve.

The ic vs att stuff continues to bore me

Loved the AAA tag match

Trios was your stock standard shit. Jb looked great though

Mjf promo was great

Bryan vs fish was grapple fuck at its finest or shittest. I cannot stand fish as anything but kyle oreillys bitch

Pages promo was great

8 out 10. Enjoyed more than I hated

·
Mr Big Shot
373 Posts
Looking at the show and the title bracket it doesn't make sense. But OMFG Orange Cassidy is going to probably beat powerhouse Hobbs. Fucking hell. That should ideally really be a squash win for Hobbs. Like Moxley Vs Yuta was.

·
Registered
16,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #394 ·
What a fun Dynamite

Hangman is an absolute star and legit got a single tear from me - a man tear.

dude is right on top and might be the purest babyface we’ve seen since daniel bryan yes movement

imagine thinking Hangman should be replaced in his spot - peeps were wrong again

Miro is a beast, Malakai is a beast

SuperKliq v Dark Order is the type of match i am all about and i loved it

Jungle Boy looked great - we will be heading towards JB / Anna vs Cole / Baker, won’t we

just a good show

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
21,431 Posts
That'd mean Andrade joining the Pinnacle then? I could only see that happening if AEW wanted to create more mega-factions with two singles stars (like The Elite with Omega and Cole).

I'm hoping this is the start of more luchadores in AEW. There's no downside to having them on your roster, they work cheap, look cool and are entertaining as fuck. Bischoff loaded his roster with them and they proved to be one of the best non-nWo attractions during the wrestling boom. Fenix and Penta have shown you can get over without saying a word, pretty sure Vikingo Jr. would do likewise.

View attachment 110062
Hey, told you itd be FTR in masks ;)

·
Registered
7,079 Posts
Vinnie Mac be like: "Keira Hogan? There can only be one Hogan in my company and that belongs to Terry (Hulk's real name)!"

Her match against Penelope Ford was okay. Penelope needed the win more since she's in a feud with Ruby Soho now. Superkliq/Dark Order match was nice. The crowd was into it and I thought the Dark Order was going to win but I guess not. Jungle Boy coming out to attack Superkliq was cool. MJF no matter what he does, he draws in a reaction. His promo did get me to want to watch Sting to beat him up. That might have been the best promo I have seen from Hangman Page in AEW. Had emotion. Had everything. Great Danielson/Fish match too. Got nothing bad to say about it. The other stuff on the show was okay too. Solid show of Dynamite overall.

·
Registered
10,301 Posts
Dynamite is the proper weekly dose of wrestling I have been addicted to now. I really missed it on Wednesday and now I feel like I got my fix. Good show really enjoyed it again. Best parts for me:

- Miro promo was absolutely amazing. Reminded me so much of Kratos in original GOW trilogy. Awesome promo.

- Black vs Dante was absolutely fantastic. The match was exactly what I was expecting and then some. Loved Black nodding at Dante. I won't be surprised if he recruits him for his House Of Black faction a few months later.

- Punk on commentary is pretty great. Better than most wrestlers.

- MJF promo was pretty good as always. Loved it.

- FTR is AAA champions.. they could do some amazing heel stuff with their "no flips only fists policy".

- Inner Circle vs Top Team has so much heat from the crowd. The crowd really is into this feud each week. It really makes my interest in this go higher. I like how Sammy is more prominent now that he's a TNT champion.

- Loved Jungleboy taking a shot at the botched powerbomb spot from last week and elite firing back with an attack.

Eliminator tournament matches have become very predictable since the TK notebook slip up. But I think Mox heel turn on Bryan will be good.

Hangman cut an amazing promo. It has been so long since we have had a babyface in wrestling that actually is booked like the too face and treated as such. The story, the delivery, the crowd support. It was perfect. Now we need Omega/Hangman confrontation next week.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
WWE completely washed my brain and made me always root for the heels since their babyfaces were always utter shit. That was since YEARS. Last time when I was actually excited for a huge babyface win was Naito against Okada at WK14. Glad that Hangman project is finally working. The win at Full gear will be one of the most memorable AEW moments.

Other than that... im not excited. Your supposed biggest draw CM Punk is just there. What happened with the Ricky Starks feud? Less than a month till the PPV and dudes still without any proper story.

Do you guys really enjoy the MMA angle? One of the sweetest and cool hearted guys in MMA JDS is doing a heel role? The best outcome from that it will be signing PVZ and elevating Ethan Page to the max coz rest of them just suck.

Malakai/Cody III...wellllllll, Cody had to win eventually. Just a question, what will they do with both Cody and Mox turning heel? Two of the most over babyfaces from the earlier days.

381 - 401 of 422 Posts