Wrestling Forum banner
21 - 40 of 393 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
I know it wouldn't work because it's a New Japan gimmick, but it would be amusing if Andrade revived the Machines gimmick for this match.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Kenny King, Kingston, Christian Cage, Ethan Page, Brian Cage, Adam Page-- book it Khan. I just want to listen to commentary try to call that shit for twenty minutes.

• Haha
Reactions: MrFlash

·
Hiding in the shadows
2,208 Posts
Apparently Dragon Lee & Dralistico confronting the Lucha Bros post match after they recently defended their AAA titles so it's probably them

Edit;
It was reported within the last week or two, that the AAA Tag-Team Titles would be featured on AEW, although it wasn't mentioned if they'd be defended on Dynamite/Rampage. Lucha Bros. did have the AAA belts with them last week.

Here's the report:
According to the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the lucha-libre promotion AAA will reportedly have their tag team titles once again featured on AEW television as the belts are currently held by the Lucha Bros (Penta & Fenix), who are also the newly crowned AEW tag champions.

Reports are that Penta and Fenix will be working programs for both sets of tag titles, with the AAA belts set to be defended in the United States and in Mexico. It is not specified if any AAA talent will come to AEW to challenge the Lucha Bros, but it is mentioned that other AEW stars will be eyeing the AAA gold.

The first titles to be officially defended on an AEW show were the AAA belts. The early feud saw the then champion Young Bucks battle the Lucha Bros in a series of matchups in both the U.S. and Mexico.

·
Registered
193 Posts
What's the machines gimmick?
Basically, it's always been a gimmick of a masked wrestler/team where everyone knows who is really under the mask. Here's when New Japan used it last at the Super Strong Machine retirement show. WWF also used it in the mid 1980s with Andre, Masked Superstar, and Blackjack Mulligan all under masks.

·
Registered
12,543 Posts
Not necessarily. To the naked eye, it wouldn't be obvious that it's FTR but as you watch the match and realise there's nothing really luchadore about these two guys in masks, you sort of put two and two together and see that FTR are taking Andrade for the proverbial ride.

I think the reason the luchadores were a big hit, in the early Nitro days especially, were because they were something completely different to what the American audiences were used to. It's hard to really stand out as a high flying luchadore in modern day American wrestling when you see a lot of the American wrestlers do the same stuff, unless you really are a one of a kind generational talent like Ray Fenix for example.

A lot of the mid to late 90s American success came off of lightning in a bottle, never seen before stipulations, characters and styles. It's weird because there are a lot of modern things that would have absolutely KILLED it and been so over in the 90s, but because we've seen it all before, doesn't have the same affect today. It's hard to find something like that in modern day wrestling, but it's certainly nice to invite yourself back to it.

Well the problem is they don't really do lucha wrestling anymore. Take a look at the lucha style I'm the 90s to now. Then it had way more story and technical dance and way smoother. Now it's way more floppy flop and what got them over is also characters. Just like everywhere I'm wrestling these days, most people have lack of character to them.

Lucha Bros are not popular because they can floppy floppy because many do the same. They are popular because mainly penta and based around his carismatic energy and connecting with the crowd. He's got a lot of character and he doesn't even speak English lol.

·
Premium Member
AEW fan!
520 Posts
I laugh at the WF members who said Bobby Fish was not AEW and he was only gonna wrestle 1 match. I believe this is his 2nd match and also believe, Yes, he is AEW.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
16,370 Posts
I'll be attending this upcoming Dynamite episode live in Miami.

I'm stoked to see the Bryan Danielson match, the Malakai Black match, and the Lucha Bros match!

Kenny Omega and Britt Baker are STILL the world champions, which is awesome!!

I also never thought that I'd EVER see CM Punk perform live in my lifetime.

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
"Wins and losses matter in AEW" :) :ROFLMAO:
they literally do

hangman won the battle royale for a title shot - boom… gets a title shot at full gear

eliminator tournament - the person who wins all the matches, goes top of the rankings and will also get a title shot thereafter

like - what about people winning here makes it seem like it ‘doesn’t matter’ - its all that matters

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Someone want to start a Rampage thread since it's before Dynamite and all this week + has the big pre-show?

·
Registered
31,932 Posts
they literally do

hangman won the battle royale for a title shot - boom… gets a title shot at full gear

eliminator tournament - the person who wins all the matches, goes top of the rankings and will also get a title shot thereafter

like - what about people winning here makes it seem like it ‘doesn’t matter’ - its all that matters
Because the over use of tournaments, battle royales, and ladder matches with title shot implications kinda takes away the important of the ranking system. While it works for the story. Page losing a match that would've gotten him a title shot, missing 2 months just to get given the spot in a ladder match with title implications just kills the sporting thing. Why not give it to somebody that was around and winning in the time span. You know validate the stipulation of the match and rankings.

·
Registered
11,149 Posts
I laugh at the WF members who said Bobby Fish was not AEW and he was only gonna wrestle 1 match. I believe this is his 2nd match and also believe, Yes, he is AEW.
He already got a #allelite graphic. I think it was up before Dynamite even ended

21 - 40 of 393 Posts