1 - 20 of 422 Posts

·
Registered
14,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
21,164 Posts
What are the odds of a Shelton Benjamin style black mass ?
Said the same thing during the week.

We're going to get some high flying Dante Martin spot straight into a Black Mass.

And I'll pop like I did when Michaels hit Benjamin.

Show looks fun - can't wait to see Page, the crowd reaction and the potential showdown with Omega.

·
Registered
6,053 Posts
Match I'm most psyched for it the Lucha Bros match. They should re-run Lucha Bros vs. Laredo Kid & Vikingo from AAA the other day on Dynamite. It was spectacular lucha craziness.

If it's not them, I'm not sure who it is and am cool with that.

Some possibilities:

Black Taurus who has been working IMPACT so should be accessible. Great look and great base for Fenix.

Aramis or Arez who are talented young luchadores working for MLW (Court and Tony have good relations).

Samuray del Sol who was in WWE as Kalisto and had two U.S. Title reigns. He hasn't been seen since leaving the Fed though.

Dragon Lee if ROH are warming up to the Forbidden Door concept which there are signs of. One of the best lightweights in the world and holds two titles in ROH. Brother of Rush, who is currently out injured. There is the Los Ingernobles connection with Andrade.

Aero Star who has wrestled in MLW, IMPACT and Lucha Underground.

Or maybe these guys for the lulz. They are headliners in AAA. The Psycho Circus.

·
21,164 Posts
Match I'm most psyched for it the Lucha Bros match. They should re-run Lucha Bros vs. Laredo Kid & Vikingo from AAA the other day on Dynamite. It was spectacular lucha craziness.

If it's not them, I'm not sure who it is and am cool with that.

Some possibilities:

Black Taurus who has been working IMPACT so should be accessible. Great look and great base for Fenix.

Aramis or Arez who are talented young luchadores working for MLW (Court and Tony have good relations).

Samuray del Sol who was in WWE as Kalisto and had two U.S. Title reigns. He hasn't been seen since leaving the Fed though.

Dragon Lee if ROH are warming up to the Forbidden Door concept which there are signs of. One of the best lightweights in the world and holds two titles in ROH. Brother of Rush, who is currently out injured. There is the Los Ingernobles connection with Andrade.

Aero Star who has wrestled in MLW, IMPACT and Lucha Underground.

Or maybe these guys for the lulz. They are headliners in AAA. The Psycho Circus.

View attachment 110061
Could quite simply just be FTR in masks.

·
Registered
6,053 Posts
Erik. said:
Could quite simply just be FTR in masks
That'd mean Andrade joining the Pinnacle then? I could only see that happening if AEW wanted to create more mega-factions with two singles stars (like The Elite with Omega and Cole).

I'm hoping this is the start of more luchadores in AEW. There's no downside to having them on your roster, they work cheap, look cool and are entertaining as fuck. Bischoff loaded his roster with them and they proved to be one of the best non-nWo attractions during the wrestling boom. Fenix and Penta have shown you can get over without saying a word, pretty sure Vikingo Jr. would do likewise.

·
21,164 Posts
That'd mean Andrade joining the Pinnacle then? I could only see that happening if AEW wanted to create more mega-factions with two singles stars (like The Elite with Omega and Cole).

I'm hoping this is the start of more luchadores in AEW. There's no downside to having them on your roster, they work cheap, look cool and are entertaining as fuck. Bischoff loaded his roster with them and they proved to be one of the best non-nWo attractions during the wrestling boom. Fenix and Penta have shown you can get over without saying a word, pretty sure Vikingo Jr. would do likewise.
Not necessarily. To the naked eye, it wouldn't be obvious that it's FTR but as you watch the match and realise there's nothing really luchadore about these two guys in masks, you sort of put two and two together and see that FTR are taking Andrade for the proverbial ride.

I think the reason the luchadores were a big hit, in the early Nitro days especially, were because they were something completely different to what the American audiences were used to. It's hard to really stand out as a high flying luchadore in modern day American wrestling when you see a lot of the American wrestlers do the same stuff, unless you really are a one of a kind generational talent like Ray Fenix for example.

A lot of the mid to late 90s American success came off of lightning in a bottle, never seen before stipulations, characters and styles. It's weird because there are a lot of modern things that would have absolutely KILLED it and been so over in the 90s, but because we've seen it all before, doesn't have the same affect today. It's hard to find something like that in modern day wrestling, but it's certainly nice to invite yourself back to it.

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
I thought Hangman was the number 1 contender? Why are they having a tournament too?
He’s the number 1 number 1 contender. 😁

1 - 20 of 422 Posts