Registered
10,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
10,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Adding ‘road to...’

and BTE / not that it pertains to this week’s dynamite, but there’s always some tidbits for those that want to watch it

·
Registered
702 Posts
Bass Ackwards booking. If the IC actually win this, it will be amazing in all the wrong ways.
Whether it is by design or not, the Pinnacle are the underdog going into this as they have been beaten verbally and physically throughout this whole build.

Even if the Pinnacle win they’ve achieved nothing as they’ve struggled to beat a faction that have been goofing around and achieved nothing for the last 6-12 months.

On top of this Blood and Guts is being given away on free TV on an episode that also has QT Marshall and Nakazawa in action.

·
Registered
10,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Whether it is by design or not, the Pinnacle are the underdog going into this as they have been beaten verbally and physically throughout this whole build.

Even if the Pinnacle win they’ve achieved nothing as they’ve struggled to beat a faction that have been goofing around and achieved nothing for the last 6-12 months.

On top of this Blood and Guts is being given away on free TV on an episode that also has QT Marshall and Nakazawa in action.
so.... 100% not worth watching and getting invested in

what will you be doing Wednesday then?

·
Registered
#FreeTheAussies
8,256 Posts
SCU is already ranked #1, so having to compete in a F4W for a title shot is stupid booking to get some more people on the show.
Cody and QT can QuiT for all I care, neither of them are interesting to me.
Who wants to see Kennys boy toy wrestle in a tag match against Mox/Kingston?

But they´re stacking it the best they can.. If you like all of the talent involved, it should be a good episode, even if the booking is backwards. Obviously Blood and Guts is the selling point and they´ll most likely deliver a good match and get a good rating for the show.;)

·
Registered
10,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SCU is already ranked #1, so having to compete in a F4W for a title shot is stupid booking to get some more people on the show.
Cody and QT can QuiT for all I care, neither of them are interesting to me.
Who wants to see Kennys boy toy wrestle in a tag match against Mox/Kingston?

But they´re stacking it the best they can.. If you like all of the talent involved, it should be a good episode, even if the booking is backwards. Obviously Blood and Guts is the selling point and they´ll most likely deliver a good match and get a good rating for the show.;)
its all just fluff to set up for the main event / no harm, no foul

they could‘ve added Marko vs Bear Bronson and it would not have made a difference - everything is padding leading up to the main event

·
Registered
#FreeTheAussies
8,256 Posts
its all just fluff to set up for the main event / no harm, no foul

they could‘ve added Marko vs Bear Bronson and it would not have made a difference - everything is padding leading up to the main event
Yep. Main event is the selling point.
But the tag match for a title shot shouldn´t happen when you have a ranking system. As a standalone match, I have no doubt it´s gonna be good.. SCU are veterans, so if they produced it..
Still, I think maybe it would have been better with a women´s match. Baker is "in action", but it doesn´t say she´s having a match.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
so SCU don't need to secure a title shot, but they're in a match to secure a title shot ?
even though the ranking system says that they already have a Title shot :unsure:
that's some next level Booking right there
the kind of booking that a "Booker of the year" would come up with

·
Registered
702 Posts
so.... 100% not worth watching and getting invested in

what will you be doing Wednesday then?
“On Wednesday nights I like to stay up late and watch Kenny Omega while I masturbate”

Only joking, the Blood and guts match in isolation should be good as it’s a good gimmick and has some good workers (FTR, MJF, Wardlow, PnP, Sammy) but as with most things AEW, it’s been built/executed poorly.

I will also watch the QT and Nakazawa matches before the weekend so I can fully appreciate Cornette’s reviews when they drop.

What are you doing?

·
Registered
10,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yep. Main event is the selling point.
But the tag match for a title shot shouldn´t happen when you have a ranking system. As a standalone match, I have no doubt it´s gonna be good.. SCU are veterans, so if they produced it..
Still, I think maybe it would have been better with a women´s match. Baker is "in action", but it doesn´t say she´s having a match.
for sure - as in OP / the 4-way tag for a title shot makes no sense

it should have been - 4-way to move 1st in rankings

·
Registered
10,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
“On Wednesday nights I like to stay up late and watch Kenny Onega while I masturbate”

Only joking, the Blood and guts match in isolation should be good as it’s a good gimmick and has some good workers (FTR, MJF, Wardlow, PnP, Sammy) but as with most things AEW, it’s been built/executed poorly.

I will also watch the QT and Nakazawa matches before the weekend so I can fully appreciate Cornette’s reviews when they drop.

What are you doing?
lol, i’m watching ;)

but only the next day - 2am to 4am is too late for me

·
Registered
9,040 Posts
Pinnacle is winning. I don't know who will tap... Maybe Sammy will surrender and turn heel on the inner circle. MJF did turn them against him so he has a reason to be mad at them.

Pinnacle is winning that's for sure.

The Road to video was done amazingly well. Really looking forward to the match.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
Blissy's #1 fan
4,110 Posts
pinnacle have to win

Reactions: El Hammerstone

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Not sure what is going on with Miro.

Thought he may go after Darby but he is occupied with page and sky.

He needs to be involved in a meaningful feud and win at the next ppv also.

1 - 20 of 882 Posts