Wrestling Forum banner
641 - 660 of 718 Posts

·
Registered
23,520 Posts
Show was meh, main event was kick ass tho. If this is your favorite episode top to bottom, imma have to assume you had some adult beverages and devil's lettuce lol
Show as about a 4/10 at best. There's been way better Dynamites. The sad part is this is in front of a packed crowd and it underdelivered big time. First hour was awful except Britt vs Nyla and second hour awful again except main event. 2 okay matches and everything else was crap, this was almost WWE pandemic bad.

·
Registered
29,942 Posts
Show as about a 4/10 at best. There's been way better Dynamites. The sad part is this is in front of a packed crowd and it underdelivered big time. First hour was awful except Britt vs Nyla and second hour awful again except main event. 2 okay matches and everything else was crap, this was almost WWE pandemic bad.
Like most weekly shows, it registered in the "not mad I watched" category aka perfectly passable lol. Certainly not something I can see people remembering as a whole next month.

·
Registered
6,368 Posts
Show was meh, main event was kick ass tho. If this is your favorite episode top to bottom, imma have to assume you had some adult beverages and devil's lettuce lol
I’m at work, so not at all.

Wtf was there to not like? Jericho and Spears have a decent match with MJF randomly throwing goddamn Nick Gage at Jericho, because logically if you’re trying to make crazy stipulations, then you’d absolutely want Nick fucking Gage in a hardcore match to stop Jericho.

Kenny and the Elite beat down The Elite Hunter with Page getting a chance to kick some ass and have a beverage afterwards.

Sting and OC.

Hikuleo sitting in the crowd with a fucking Bullet Club shirt on days after Jay White stood face to face with Kenny. This is groundwork for setting up the Bullet Club’s full blown invasion.

CHAVO!!! The Andrade and Death Triangle segment was great stuff. Yes, it would be nice to understand them, but I didn’t need to understand to know the story. And now I am genuinely intrigued whether Penta and Fenix will turn on Pac.

THE MURDERHAWK MONSTER STOOD TALL ON TNT WITH THE BELT HIGH ABOVE HIS HEAD!!! FUCK YESSSSS!!!!

·
Registered
29,942 Posts
I’m at work, so not at all.

Wtf was there to not like? Jericho and Spears have a decent match with MJF randomly throwing goddamn Nick Gage at Jericho, because logically if you’re trying to make crazy stipulations, then you’d absolutely want Nick fucking Gage in a hardcore match to stop Jericho.

Kenny and the Elite beat down The Elite Hunter with Page getting a chance to kick some ass and have a beverage afterwards.

Sting and OC.

Hikuleo sitting in the crowd with a fucking Bullet Club shirt on days after Jay White stood face to face with Kenny. This is groundwork for setting up the Bullet Club’s full blown invasion.

CHAVO!!! The Andrade and Death Triangle segment was great stuff. Yes, it would be nice to understand them, but I didn’t need to understand to know the story. And now I am genuinely intrigued whether Penta and Fenix will turn on Pac.

THE MURDERHAWK MONSTER STOOD TALL ON TNT WITH THE BELT HIGH ABOVE HIS HEAD!!! FUCK YESSSSS!!!!
When I hear somebody say "this is possibly my favorite episode top to bottom ever" I'd expect it to be a show full of memorable stuff top to bottom. What you said was a bunch of alright stuff on a solid episode. 2 months from now are you going to remember half of this outside the main event? I'd wager not, not because the show was awful, but because it was just okay.

·
Registered
6,368 Posts
When I hear somebody say "this is possibly my favorite episode top to bottom ever" I'd expect it to be a show full of memorable stuff top to bottom. What you said was a bunch of alright stuff on a solid episode. 2 months from now are you going to remember half of this outside the main event? I'd wager not, not because the show was awful, but because it was just okay.
It’s my favorite episode, because nothing about it was stupid and made me say, “Oh goddamn!!”

It was literally just paced, formatted, and so fucking logical that I didn’t have to dumb myself down to watch. I don’t know that I have had an episode like that before from start to finish.

Reactions: sim8

·
Registered
6,368 Posts
And fuck you for thinking you can tell anyone what they enjoy.

Reactions: Geeee

·
Registered
29,942 Posts
It’s my favorite episode, because nothing about it was stupid and made me say, “Oh goddamn!!”

It was literally just paced, formatted, and so fucking logical that I didn’t have to dumb myself down to watch. I don’t know that I have had an episode like that before from start to finish.
I mean I guess on that curve, then do your thing man lol. But yeah when I think of favorite and epic and those type of descriptions I think about shit that'll be long term memorable. But also I have personal beef with "trash" and "classic/favorite" ratings due to how easily and frequently they're given out lol.

·
Ho!
18,260 Posts
Yeah I thought this was a really weak episode. Only thing that was good was the main event, which was great. The Adam Page segment with Omega and Elite was pretty good. The Baker/Nyla was a mess, really bad match. Andrade segment was awful. Pac cut an OK promo, as did Chavo, but it wasn't enough to save the segment. Decent story they're trying to tell though. Hopefully it plays out better over next few weeks. The rest of the matches/segments all just blend in together.

Definitely a huge step down from last week. Also second week in a row with just a Miro promo. Seriously, the Schiavoni interview should've been with him. Heck, he's not wrestling for a couple of weeks and we don't even know who he's facing. I'm fine if he's not wrestling every week, but he should at least have more than a pre-recorded video package. It was fine last week for the reveal of new title, and it was overall a really good package. This week's though was... well he would've been better off actually cutting a regular backstage promo imo. Have JR do a sit down interview with him, if nothing else.

Also, regarding numbers this week's isn't doing as well as last week. Last week's card overall was a lot stronger, and consistently delivered quality throughout the show. This week's main event may have been bigger, but the show definitely didn't have the quality or hype of last week's imo.

·
rasslin
7,700 Posts
Surely there’s better Mexican talkers than Chavo and Vickie?

Get a Latina off the street, it would be infinitely better than anything Chavo or Vickie could offer Andrade.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Didn't think it was great, didn't think it was awful. Main event was fire. I don't really get these "special" shows though. Next week will be the 3rd week of "special" shows (unless you count "Road Rager" then it's 4). Do they get revenue for using the "Fyter Fest" name or something?

·
Registered
11,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #654 ·
In other news, OC pocketing the knucks was good

seems it will be a weapon for him going forward

a good way for him to pick up wins against bigger guys

maybe even…. Miro? :oops:

Reactions: bdon

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
33,175 Posts
So they had time to put the camera on a tier 4 New Japan wrestler in the crowd and hype him up, but didn't feel the need to mention Jay White appearing on Impact. Flagrant idiocy.

·
Registered
47 Posts
awesome!
tell all! Was it an amazing night out?

i’m jealous!
It was really cool. Got to see pretty much everyone I wanted to except the Young Bucks. Really wanted to see Moxley live because I haven't seen him live since early Shield days (2013). Also cool that I got to see Jericho wrestle at each 3 wrestling events I went to. But yea, the deathmatch was epic, loved the Orange Cassidy and Sting interaction, and Britt Baker is over af.

641 - 660 of 718 Posts