Baker vs Nyla for the championship

OC vs the Blade

and finally Mox v Lance in a texas death match for the IWGP US title

discussssss!

edit> update - road to night 2

·
Registered
13,965 Posts
NJPW might want Mox to drop the title in Japan, but I'm getting the feeling he might shock drop it in one of these defenses.

Thunder Rosa will make her presence felt during the Britt vs Nyla title match. Setting up Britt vs Thunder Rosa at All Out. Could see a bit of a schmozz also involving Shida in the finish or afterbirth. I could dig Nyla vs Britt main eventing and then the go-to AEW fade to black brawl happening, but just with the women's lockerroom.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Will Nyla vs Britt main event? The only other match that seems likely is the IWGP US title match, but I wouldn't close out a show with a non-AEW title match. Unless, there is a tease after the match for who will face Mox next. Maybe Jay White shows up and teases a match with Mox. It would be pretty awesome if Jay White just kept showing up at different shows. He could stare down Kenny on Impact, Mox on Dynamite and Aldis on NWA. If he is a true free lancer, then maybe he even shows up at ROH and looks at Bandido or Rush.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
Spooky Bliss
4,549 Posts
bit of a lame card compared to night 1 which had so many highlights

Reactions: jpickens

·
Registered
13,965 Posts
I wouldn't be totally surprised if Tessa Blanchard made a surprise debut tonight either. Extreme long shot but this show needs some word of mouth buzz after it.

I could see Jay White beating Moxley for the IWGP US Title - Would explain why he's defending it against NJPW alum Machine Gun Anderson and now Lance Archer in back to back weeks. They're setting up something for sure. (Or it could be a cheap, easy and non-storyline way to get Moxley on Dynamite).

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
16,013 Posts
Night 1 definitely had a better card but if they can fill the show with hot segments like they have been doing lately, it should turn out to be another great show.

The Archer/Moxley match will probably main event with Archer winning the gold. It would be a nice way to reward him for how his booking has gone since coming in to AEW, the guy hasn't won a big match as of yet and Moxley doesn't really need that gold right now. Crown Archer.

Britt vs Nyla should be okay, they had a solid match during the recent US/Japan tournament they ran, so hopefully they can do better this time. Thunder Rosa is next in line as she's top ranked after Nyla. Should be a great one for All Out and the promos should be fire.

Its been a minute since we have seen Spears in a singles match on Dynamite. The guy is not that bad in the ring but a bit bland. Not expecting much from this match but Jericho getting that first win in these labors will be fun to watch.

Indifferent towards Blade vs OC. OC gets the win obviously.

They will probably add another match or two to the show, if not, then it'll be promo heavy.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I am rooting for an archer win, shenanigans or otherwise … loving the Jericho storyline …
how funny would it be if he actually beats mjf on the last leg…

·
Registered
23,492 Posts
Show looks pretty awful. Only one semi interests me is Moxley vs Archer and Britt vs Nyla. Jericho vs Spears is meh... and OC vs Blade is awful. Hopefully its better than paper.

·
Registered
10,063 Posts
I wouldn't be totally surprised if Tessa Blanchard made a surprise debut tonight either. Extreme long shot but this show needs some word of mouth buzz after it.

I could see Jay White beating Moxley for the IWGP US Title - Would explain why he's defending it against NJPW alum Machine Gun Anderson and now Lance Archer in back to back weeks. They're setting up something for sure. (Or it could be a cheap, easy and non-storyline way to get Moxley on Dynamite).
You can't have a debut every week XD

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I'm hoping Moxley vs. Archer headlines (I feel like Britt vs. Nyla has a bigger chance of tanking as a main event), but if they stay consistent with Moxley's two previous IWGP U.S. Title matches on Dynamite, it'll open.

It'll be their third match and all three will have been for titles. Moxley is 2-0 and won the previous Texas Death Match against Archer at the Tokyo Dome on Jan 4, 2020. That was better than their disappointing match on Dynamite last October.

Can't see beyond another Moxley win since he's a bigger asset to NJPW than Archer, and it'd further cement Archer as the guy who doesn't beat main eventers.

Can't say I'm looking forward to Britt vs. Nyla. There's no one to really carry that match and their meeting in February this year was slow and boring. Britt is AEW's best female character and promo, but still can't work anywhere close to Serena, Thunder Rosa, Riho or Shida's maximum level without being carried.

OC vs. Blade is what it is, a midcard win for Cassidy. I've liked Spears in The Pinnacle so far, but I can't see him vs. Jericho being much. I think they'll use that old spot of Spears missing a chairshot and it rebounding off the ropes into his face. Then the Judas Effect and 1-2-3.

Another match will be added yet, they should get two of the smaller athletic guys on as the current card looks like it'll have a bunch of methodical matches. Andrade vs. Dante Martin would be a good filler match.

·
Registered
10,053 Posts
I thought Britt vs Nyla was a good match earlier this year, it just kinda fell flat because everyone wanted Britt to win. The finish was actually pretty cool where Nyla Beast Bombed Britt out of a superkick

·
Registered
28,046 Posts
Won't surprise me at all if the show ends up being pretty good, though the card going into it isn't lighting the world on fire.

Mox vs. Archer in a Texas Death Match. I should be more hyped for this. But, there is no heat going into this match. Archer is ice cold. And this has a week of build. And yes, I know these guys have some history in AEW. I watched their Texas Death match at Wrestle Kingdom last year. But right now, this is just a match that's happening because it's in Texas. It will be good, no doubt. But it also feels like a forced stipulation.

I cannot pretend to be excited about Jericho vs. Spears. Same for OC vs. Blade really.

The build to the Women's Title Match has sucked, but I remember their match from the Women's Tournament earlier this year and that was pretty good. So I think this could be too.

I'm hoping Moxley vs. Archer headlines (I feel like Britt vs. Nyla has a bigger chance of tanking as a main event), but if they stay consistent with Moxley's two previous IWGP U.S. Title matches on Dynamite, it'll open.
I don't know if you mean "tanking" in terms of ratings or match quality. If you mean ratings, Britt has been one of their better draws. If you mean match quality, I mean, yeah Mox vs. Archer will probably be a better match. Though Britt vs. Nyla from the Women's Tournament was good I thought, so we'll see.

But all in all, it's not the best look if the match that has a week of build with a crammed in stipulation main events over your title match that has been building (even with a bad build) for weeks.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
TD Stinger said:
don't know if you mean "tanking" in terms of ratings or match quality.
Match quality. Britt has done good numbers, ratings-wise. But I still don't think she's anything special in-ring and giving her opponents like Nyla isn't going to do anything to hide that. Whereas a Thunder Rosa, Riho or Serena could make Britt look great.

Speaking of Britt, this is badass.

·
Registered
840 Posts
What about Adam Page. Hottest story on the show but zero follow up. Atleast say Adam Page will be there if you dont want to announce anything

1 - 20 of 718 Posts