Wrestling Forum banner
61 - 80 of 810 Posts

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Teaming with Dan Lambert?
Probably just a one time thing, but she´d be a massive get for AEW from a pure athletic standpoint, if she was committed to split her time between MMA and wrestling. For all the women´s revolution talk, we are still waiting for an actual female stable lead with male co-stars. If Harrison can talk a bit, her accomplishments give her an instant credibility to take such a prominent role, plus a little undercard feud between Harrison/Page/Scorpio and Statlander/OC/Yuta sounds like money to me.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Road to Dynamite in NJ

If that´s not the best promo Shawn Spears has done in his life than I don´t know what is. That´s what pro wrestling is or should be all about. Let characters live and breath. The guy was boring everybody in his intitial overpush with Cody. Everybody thought he was the designated jobber and a joke as a member of the Pinnacle, but he has evolved into a solid midcarder that still does the job, but even in defeat he has helped elevate Sammy Guevara and himself to be respected. I really enjoy his work as an opponent.

Let´s not forget Brandon Cutler, who dreamt of becoming a professional wrestler and through his backstage relationships he got opportunities, but even in lower level matches/defeats and gimmick twists it became obvious that he just does not have the skills to ever be accepted as a wrestler. But his re-invention as the BTE "waterboy" has been just brilliant. This little skit is just made by Cutler.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
If that´s not the best promo Shawn Spears has done in his life than I don´t know what is. That´s what pro wrestling is or should be all about. Let characters live and breath. The guy was boring everybody in his intitial overpush with Cody. Everybody thought he was the designated jobber and a joke as a member of the Pinnacle, but he has evolved into a solid midcarder that still does the job, but even in defeat he has helped elevate Sammy Guevara and himself to be respected. I really enjoy his work as an opponent.

Let´s not forget Brandon Cutler, who dreamt of becoming a professional wrestler and through his backstage relationships he got opportunities, but even in lower level matches/defeats and gimmick twists it became obvious that he just does not have the skills to ever be accepted as a wrestler. But his re-invention as the BTE "waterboy" has been just brilliant. This little skit is just made by Cutler.

Agreed, really good promo by Spears and Cutler has been great as the lacky in the vein of Patterson/Briscoe and J&J security. It's the good thing about AEW, they improve through trial and error rather than disappearing from TV for months at a time.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Honestly with Hobbs with more improvement in the ring and on the mic he could be a big player in main event for AEW.

He just has the look and intensity to make it. Like the guy hope he succeeds.

·
Registered
13,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Hobbs’ facial expressions truly looks like he wants to harm a mfer

spears being an iceman gatekeeper talent is great

and i can’t say enough good things about the Elite stooge Cutler - one of my fav goofs

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
20,989 Posts
Hobbs is everything right with AEW Dark.

You got talent like that given time and shine on the show before eventually being brought to the main show.

I like him.

·
Registered
31,242 Posts
That was a bleh promo from Spears, what did he say of note to show he's not generic and the Darby is a poser thing has been done.

·
Registered
13,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
He doesn't sound bad, and the music is good. But he didn't redirect the self own of calling himself generic lol.
lol, I did catch that

i was like 'Spears, baby, whatchu doin?' :D

but he delivered the rest proper and the end was pretty good with the stomps of the chair - also like 'the chairman cometh'

·
Baby It's Violence
8,551 Posts
Show looks fine I guess, but I feel like there needs to be something big that stands out more. I guess Starks/Cage should be pretty great though.

There's no way Jade squashes Leyla in her hometown. This HAS to get some time. If it's anything like Camille vs Leyla, this can be Jade's star making moment.
I love Leyla so I hope it isn't a squash, and she's really good to so I can see her helping Jade to a real good David vs Goliath type of a match with a hot crowd.

• Love
Reactions: The Legit DMD

·
Registered
31,242 Posts
lol, I did catch that

i was like 'Spears, baby, whatchu doin?' :D

but he delivered the rest proper and the end was pretty good with the stomps of the chair - also like 'the chairman cometh'
Yeah even as hokey as it was, at least Cena would always turn his "sure I can't wrestle like you" into a grown inducing "but I never give up so it's even" lol.

Now I'll be fair to him, because at least on what I watch (Dynamite and Rampage) it just seems like he's turned the 10 thing in for the chair. I still don't really get his character besides the initial "don't call me a good hand". Maybe that's on them for not giving him time to explain what makes him tick.

·
Registered
13,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Yeah even as hokey as it was, at least Cena would always turn his "sure I can't wrestle like you" into a grown inducing "but I never give up so it's even" lol.

Now I'll be fair to him, because at least on what I watch (Dynamite and Rampage) it just seems like he's turned the 10 thing in for the chair. I still don't really get his character besides the initial "don't call me a good hand". Maybe that's on them for not giving him time to explain what makes him tick.
well.... he's a chairman, right? and he cometh :D

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
That spears promo was really well delivered.

The promo made me look forward to Leyla Hirsch vs Jade Cargill. Really like the focus on contrasting characters.

Bryan and Cole were awesome as always.

61 - 80 of 810 Posts