Wrestling Forum banner

461 - 479 of 479 Posts

·
Registered
27,339 Posts
@RapShepard you should understand what it's like to like something the majority of people don't.

I mean you are a Joey Janela fan (teehee).

I think a lot of people feel this way 🙃
This has 2K+ likes on twitter and 3.5K+ on reddit
Thing is I'm a fan who (while not aware of the last 7 years) who has been following this Elite story even before AEW. And the main reason I hate it (besides the Bucks being awful actors) is that they've driven the story trope into the ground for the past 3 years and now it's finally jumped the shark.

·
Registered
9,281 Posts
Maffew is the guy who makes Botchamania videos, so I think his comment is meant to be a joke. Obviously, one rooted in truth. I doubt he will skip a minute of Dynamite, since it is providing most of his content LOL

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
It’s funny how people pick apart dynamite to the nth degree. No it is not perfect ... but If one went back and watched an episode from the attitude era or the golden era there would be just as many if not more faults than a current episode of dynamite.

·
Registered
9,281 Posts
It’s funny how people pick apart dynamite to the nth degree. No it is not perfect ... but If one went back and watched an episode from the attitude era or the golden era there would be just as many if not more faults than a current episode of dynamite.
I dunno nitpicking is fun sometimes.

·
Registered
27,339 Posts
I mean here's the thing though. You could find old online forums back in the day who would pick part shows during the Attitude Era. We need to end the notion that AEW is the only promotion/show that's ever been picked apart by fans like this. It's been happening in all of wrestling for like over 30 years.

Hell, if you go back to the AE on some old forums, HHH was an internet darling and people were tired of Stone Cold. Think how ridiculous that sounds in 2021.

I myself just got through the year 1999 in WWF on the Network. And for me there was plenty of stupid things that fans today would crap on. The road to Mania 15, the Higher Power reveal, the Bossman/Al Snow angle, the Bossman/Big Show angle, etc. But at the same time, the AE had something AEW or WWE don't have which is these all time great characters like Austin, Rock, Foley, Vince, Taker, etc. carrying the shows and making them must see every week.

And AEW, while it has a lot of guys I like and I generally rate it positively, has it's fair share of holes that can and should be called out.

·
Registered
602 Posts
You could see the intentions, and that they failed miserably.

1. Castor is on the cusp. He has SO much potential. He finally gets a big angle to break out. He's beat 3 of the DO already and got a big match to open the card against hangman. This was his moment to break out, but the commentary treated him like an afterthought to Hangman. HANGMAN was always gonna win. They gave Cator the push in-ring with a near win after using the chain. The commentary just didnt put Castor over though.

2. Same shit with JD Drake. Ive been looking at him thinking he's a waste of time last few eeeks when he appeared with Ryan and Cesar. He came through with a real organic breakout performance. Nobody on commentary was marking out for it. Almost zero exitement. It was ALL about Darby. Drake came across as a Kevin Owens/Big Van Vader hybrid. They sold him as a braler type early on but as he dominated the match they were almost to scared of burying Darby to poit out how good Drake looked.

Here's my problem. If you're going to book to undercard guys to get a rub off the champ/number 1 contender then GIVE THEM the rub!! All we did here was bury the guys they shouldn't have had offence again and tried to 'forget' the impressive performance by the undercarders. WHY?!?! Id like to see both again pretty much just based on these matches. Why the fuck would you kill that momentum and suck it out the show. Instead of having excitement that they nearly had the 'match of thier lives right here on AEW' it will just be a throwaway line next appearnce that they did ok last match.

I feel for Darby and Page here. They absolutely both went overboard to make the opponent look strong and watchable. But the matches were presented as forgettable fails of the top stars to have a good match I felt. Those were two good matches!! AEW went out of thier way with thier refusal to acknowledge this as though it would make the top two guys there look weak. I thought it did neither any harm. Hangam literally kicked out of a straight punch to the face with a fist wrapped in a steel chain and it was barely sold by commentary. It was no big deal. I get there are many stars waiting for push etc but giving these two dues for thier performances just raises the whole roster who also have to face them later.

3. Fuck this YB/Kenny shit. Its so cringe and nobody cares. Matt Jackson pulling his upset face was a channel changer. Like Id be embarassed I was watching that if I was with friends.

4. Tysons a big name but AEW clearly re-scripted whatever the plan was to give him this moment on the show. It was so random how he came to help Jericho. Glad they set a date for Blood andGuts instead of weeks and weeks of build without knowing when it would be.

5. QT has delivered watchable segments since the naff challenge promo with Cody. Ogogo has the IT factor and if he can wrestle we have a STAR!

6. Bear Country and JE was crappy. Conti v Bunny was alright. Sting promo wasted more time. The fact we'll now see Page and Sky in a feud with Sting/Darby soon because they were featured looking on is such trash booking. Tazz finally moved on from a 'we're alright' promo to something different. Christian put over Kaz better than in 1 minute than the commy managed throughout thier entire match last week.

7. JR seems to have real heat with Callis. He acts like a spoilt kid sometimes with his pettyness on tv. AEW deffo need better commentary now. Tony is such a likeable guy but he adds nothing in the booth. Anyone could do what he does and react to big move with 'LOOK AT THAT'. He's gotta be moved on to an interview position. But he always wear casual clothes so thats a bad idea too. Commentary doesn't knw whats going on in AEW most the time. Fuck are they able to explain it to the audience. Its crazy!!

·
Natasha Yi. WHAT A BABE.
7,761 Posts
I had to say this was a weird show.

I really do not care about Omega and the Bucks thing. The literal big angle involving both the World Champion and the Tag Team Champions. I don't understand why AEW can't make more of this "belt collector" deal that they do on the different promotions.

I enjoyed Darby Allin. JD Drake. Hangman. I skipped over the "Godzilla v Kong" tag match, nah I'm good thanks for this movie tie in becoming a match on Dynamite.

Jericho had a great promo too, as he usually does. But Tyson tearing his shirt Hogan style and struggling to remove the remnants from around his waist like a belt was hilarious.

461 - 479 of 479 Posts