Wrestling Forum banner

441 - 460 of 479 Posts
4,631 Posts
I hated Jericho's promo. Sure, he can talk but that went on far too long and the content wasn't great, and don't get me started on his encouraging the audience to cheer prior to the return from break. Of special note to me were the incorrectly delivered line describing Wardlow and the "Who was good at chemistry?" bit. Mistakes happen, ok, but that chemistry line was outdated, like he was aiming for a different audience than wrestling, AEW even more so than WWE, has these days. Chris, I think you'd find lots of today's wrestling fans excelled in chemistry.

The rest of the show was a lot of whatever, nothing horrid (disappointing as I love to laugh at the worst of wrestling) or amazing (disappointing because who doesn't like amazing things?). Sketchy names from past decades don't excite me so Tyson falls into that whatever category. I noticed a lot more getting into position for upcoming moves than I usually do and I'm not sure if that was due to every match having people unaccustomed to working the roles they were in with each other or because I wasn't really in the mood to watch wrestling today but went ahead with it anyway. There was a bit too much messiness and too many slow setups, and this is coming from someone who is generally pretty tolerant about obvious ring choreography and still-developing talents.

I did feel like AEW folks have been reading fan comments. LOTS of references to topics you'd see posted in places like this one. On that topic, I laughed at Conti hugging -1. It was like a giant middle finger to complainers moaning about the kid. Oh, and the "This never get's old!" line with regards to Sting's interviews was worth a chuckle.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I hated Jericho's promo. Sure, he can talk but that went on far too long and the content wasn't great, and don't get me started on his encouraging the audience to cheer prior to the return from break. Of special note to me were the incorrectly delivered line describing Wardlow and the "Who was good at chemistry?" bit. Mistakes happen, ok, but that chemistry line was outdated, like he was aiming for a different audience than wrestling, AEW even more so than WWE, has these days. Chris, I think you'd find lots of today's wrestling fans excelled in chemistry.

The rest of the show was a lot of whatever, nothing horrid (disappointing as I love to laugh at the worst of wrestling) or amazing (disappointing because who doesn't like amazing things?). Sketchy names from past decades don't excite me so Tyson falls into that whatever category. I noticed a lot more getting into position for upcoming moves than I usually do and I'm not sure if that was due to every match having people unaccustomed to working the roles they were in with each other or because I wasn't really in the mood to watch wrestling today but went ahead with it anyway. There was a bit too much messiness and too many slow setups, and this is coming from someone who is generally pretty tolerant about obvious ring choreography and still-developing talents.

I did feel like AEW folks have been reading fan comments. LOTS of references to topics you'd see posted in places like this one. On that topic, I laughed at Conti hugging -1. It was like a giant middle finger to complainers moaning about the kid. Oh, and the "This never get's old!" line with regards to Sting's interviews was worth a chuckle.
If you didn't like that Jericho promo then I think maybe you should just give up on watching wrestling.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Match quality have to say was the big let down of the show.

Not sure what they are doing with Archer.

Bullet club/elite back together which was expected but I am not digging that story tbh.

Again main gripe I have there is just TOO MUCH happening in the show which can be alot to digest at times.

Jericho was on fire though. Best part of the show no doubt.

4,631 Posts
If you didn't like that Jericho promo then I think maybe you should just give up on watching wrestling.
It really didn't appeal to me. There have been promos on Dynamite that I loved but Jericho's return of the Inner Circle one isn't among them. Though it didn't help that the content wasn't working for me it could well be that his delivery style just isn't my favourite. Eddie Kingston and Mox can talk about nothing and keep my attention as I like the way they go about it. Jericho? Not so much.

You do have a point though, sorta. I think I am getting bored with wrestling again. There's too much of it these days. It's a warm, sunny evening and I spent almost two hours watching a mediocre wrestling show and now here I am discussing it. I need better priorities.

Jericho's promo was the best part of the show.
Your opinion is doubtless a popular one, even if Jericho doing his thing wasn't a highlight for me. It wasn't a superior match or anything, and everything surrounding it was ... a choice, but my highlight was Tay vs Bunny. They both have good facial expression, especially Tay, that helps them to portray some level of story in matches. Seeing as how little effort is expended on giving the women much story to work with, any little extra they can bring helps.

·
Registered
10,994 Posts
Personally think that theme fits OC a lot
I miss the 90s lol

·
Registered
10,994 Posts
Inner circle seem way better now and feel heelish darker again lol. Heels should wear dark clothes and not bright

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I enjoyed myself. Oh well. Only down time for me was the women’s bullshit really.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
You can buy that I don't lol. It's one of those "I gotta support my team in public" things. She ain't running that episode back.
I shit on them. Plenty.

I found the episode fun.

By the way, I just remembered hating the Death Triangle and Best Friends segment as well.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I am shocked and appalled lol
I dunno, man. It’s more fun watching the show without this place’s opinion. My brother and I just sitting on the couch (he comes over every Wednesday for beer, pizza, and wings) and bullshitting to some wrestling is fun. The bad shit is more of a laugh between us, which kills the anger I’d normally feel having to share thoughts with strangers on here.

The show was fun outside of the Best Friends and Conti/Bunny match.

Reactions: Pentagon Senior

·
Registered
#FreeTheAussies
8,193 Posts
I dunno, man. It’s more fun watching the show without this place’s opinion. My brother and I just sitting on the couch (he comes over every Wednesday for beer, pizza, and wings) and bullshitting to some wrestling is fun. The bad shit is more of a laugh between us, which kills the anger I’d normally feel having to share thoughts with strangers on here.

Enough beers and everything can be fun ;)

·
Registered
28,530 Posts

To a degree I get that, but yeah that was not it or even close to it for me lol.

·
Registered
569 Posts
You can buy that I don't lol. It's one of those "I gotta support my team in public" things. She ain't running that episode back.
You can think that all you want to. You seem to have difficulty understanding that not everybody shares your opinion on what a good show is.

I watch wrestling shows because I love wrestling. I’m not an armchair wannabe booker looking for things to critique. I don’t have that kind of defect.

·
Registered
28,530 Posts
You can think that all you want to. You seem to have difficulty understanding that not everybody shares your opinion on what a good show is.

I watch wrestling shows because I love wrestling. I’m not an armchair wannabe booker looking for things to critique. I don’t have that kind of defect.
Mhmm sure

441 - 460 of 479 Posts