Wrestling Forum banner

401 - 420 of 479 Posts

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
31,178 Posts
So they decided to do the 800th Bullet Club reunion on a night where everyone was watching Io versus Raquel and expected people to give a fuck?

·
Registered
27,109 Posts
This show was kind of a weak one honestly.

And that main event.....Look I’m fine with the Bucks joining Kenny because its better than the alternative of them bickering with Kenny every week. But God the amount of forced drama during and after the match. It’s just not for me. I’ve seen this kind of story with the Elite for 3 years. I’m kind of over it by now.

·
Registered
Hustle, Loyalty, Respect
139 Posts
The kenny omega stuff has derailed, it was cool when it first started but it's officially fallen off a cliff with the billionth bullet club reunion

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I do like how friendships forged from day one or early AEW Dynamite are for the most part kept intact and away from cheap swerves. Elite, Jungle Express, Best Friends, Inner Circle, MJF and Wardlow, SCU, Dark Order, Death Triangle, Lance and Jake etc

There is a noble, old school sentiment at the heart of this thing. Even if the execution and logic of everything else is often difficult to digest.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Damn it , Chris Jericho was so on point int the promo.

I have been down on him for a while now(like many) but he redeemed himself with that one.

Demo god went off in a way wrestling hasn't seen since wwe became the of playground.

Loved it.

·
12,645 Posts
So really the only must see thing is Tyson wrecking shop. And we are getting blood and guts on dynamite instead of on PPV? And cody is actually going to be feuding with QT Marshall?

Atleast next week promises to be a ton of fun

·
Registered
8,957 Posts
I'm kind of down on how the mainevent played out. I liked how it portrayed that Omega/Callis have emotionally manipulated Bucks to turn heel. But I personally would have preferred a pre planned shock turn.

Rest of the show was okay. Really liking the Inner Circle vs Pinnacle stuff. Seeing Tyson is always cool. Liked how they used him here.

Sting/Archer stuff was weird and my reaction was exactly like ethan page's. I guess it's heading to a tag team of Sting and Archer. I think Archer is dropping Jake for Sting as a mentor and turning face. I don't mind that tbh.

Team Tazz vs Christian should be fun feud. Looking forward to it.

Death triangle vs Best Friends should be a good feud too.

It was a solid above average show. Not as good as last few weeks but that's understandable.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Another enjoyable “Dynamite”! My random thoughts:

1. I love watching Hangman’s matches. I really hope he will be the guy to eventually dethrone Kenny.

2. Christian vs Team Taz would be great. I especially want to see Christian vs Ricky Starks!

3. Chris Jericho’s promo was awesome, but he really blew that line about Wardlow. That was Sid-like.

4. Good to see Tay Conti getting another win. I hope she stays a face for a while and doesn’t turn on Shida.

5. My favorite part was the ending. While predictable, the Bucks’ turn made sense and needed to happen. Kenny and the Bucks are great together, and I expect lots of potential matches with this renewed Bullet Club and other factions, including those from other promotions.

6. I can’t wait for Blood and Guts. I just wonder, though: Is it going to be two rings? If so, how will they fit them at Daily’s Place? Maybe they can use the practice field for that show and have fans seated around the rings?

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
It was such a joke to include Tyson in the Pinnacle and Jericho segment. I'm not a fan of the Young Bucks but honestly they need to be carried. If they're gonna keep giving guys mic time who have insufferable nasal voices, far worse than Rollins, then let them be carried by someone like Callis. That is a good move at least.There are so many stables in AEW it's actually something that I really like. It feels like a bit much but I am really looking forward to QT Marshalls stable and how that will pan out. Some of the guys in the stable feel exciting. Everyone but QT Marshall himself of course.

Dunno why JD Drake was included in the TNT title match. Just another nobody who barely wrestles on dynamite that gets an opportunity.

·
12,645 Posts
It was such a joke to include Tyson in the Pinnacle and Jericho segment. I'm not a fan of the Young Bucks but honestly they need to be carried. If they're gonna keep giving guys mic time who have insufferable nasal voices, far worse than Rollins, then let them be carried by someone like Callis. That is a good move at least.There are so many stables in AEW it's actually something that I really like. It feels like a bit much but I am really looking forward to QT Marshalls stable and how that will pan out. Some of the guys in the stable feel exciting. Everyone but QT Marshall himself of course.

Dunno why JD Drake was included in the TNT title match. Just another nobody who barely wrestles on dynamite that gets an opportunity.
Open challenge. And it gives Darby a strong win ahead of the FCA next week with hardy

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Open challenge. And it gives Darby a strong win ahead of the FCA next week with hardy
Strong win when I rarely see his JD Drakes face on Dynamite? We also knew Peter Bononi, Avalon and even the guy from Acclaimed were gonna job going into their respective matches because we haven't been seeing much of them on Dynamite. Then there's Varsity Blondes, Hybrid2 and more recently Bear Country. It's too obvious that these guys are sent to Dynamite to job because they're Dark mainstays. Makes it too predictable.

401 - 420 of 479 Posts