Wrestling Forum banner

381 - 400 of 479 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Saw the end, just starting from beginning now.
Two things, the bucks thing was too drawn out it diluted the impact but still cool. The Acclaimed have IT. These guys could be huge huge stars for a long time!

·
Registered
637 Posts
I will take solace at least that the Bucks will probably play the cornball heel shit that Kenny plays so at least I can laugh at the acting instead of being forced to take that kind of shit as serious drama

·
None. More. Hated.
Tuck Your Chin.
8,722 Posts
Omega gets to take 2 paradigm shifts then pin Mox? Lol wtf. Are they finally gonna kiss now? Good for them. Bullet club reunion number 350. So groundbreaking.

·
Registered
20,041 Posts
Gallows & Anderson, just for extra fuckery.
HAHA imagine...next week...

Jim Ross: "What in the hell? Bah Gawd now Gallows & Anderson have turned on the Elite! What is going on Tony?"
Tony: "I have no clue JR, but so far the checks are good!"
Excalibur: " Guys, guys, that's actually called "a backstabber", it's a move that is done weekly on AEW TV!"

·
Registered
637 Posts
Actually let me single out one guy
Fuck Matt Jackson dude. Nick probably knows he himself cant act so he just doesn't and y'know what, good for him, the dude looks like fucking a tony nominee compared to Matt because he looks like a normal human being trapped between the nonsensical glee club acting of his brother.
Kenny is also a bad actor but hey he at least goes the comic book character in real life so it at least like entertaining in some fucked up way.

Matt is singlehandely the worst actor in that main event. Or at the very least the dude put in the worst position because he has to actually try to garner some sympathy while Kenny, Gallows and Anderson are just having their time of their life while Nick, smartly, is a secondary character in the Matt Jackson story. And y'know Mox blows everyone else out of the picture

·
Premium Member
Geekslayer
12,474 Posts
It is such a shame because I actually did think the Kenny belt collector angle could have been interesting. But now they are insisting on shoehorning in the middle school gymnasts with acting skills that make your average Kardashian look like Meryl Streep. All Friends is alive and well. The Bucks are basically the way less talented Brutus the Barbers following Hogan everywhere he went. Push someone based on skill and merit? Did they go to high school in Rancho CooCoomanga? No? Go job to Cutlet on Dark.

After all these years of hearing about this infamous Bullet Club, it is just a middle school play ripoff of things way more talented people did 25 years ago in the Kliq and the nWo? How sad. So they basically do the hand signal but do not go out and party or get women? It would be like ripping off Billy Kidman but just taking the jean shorts and not Torrie Wilson.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
An uneven show this week and the match quality was lesser than usual (Darby vs. JD was good, but not as good as Darby vs. Scorpio Sky imo), but some of the story telling was good. I loved Jericho's promo personally but feel the Pinnacle need to get their heat back next week. Would Tyson bump for Wardlow? And even though it was telegraphed a few minutes in advance, the Bucks turning was something I wanted to see and had to happen as they have been boring as babyface champions. Poor Moxley has lost three times in AEW... all to Kenny. All via nefarious means. He needs some backup besides Kingston.

Next week's card looks great. Clearly they want some of those 'drifters' who switch between AEW and NXT usually.

• Young Bucks vs. PAC/Fenix for the AEW World Tag Team Title
  • Darby Allin vs. Matt Hardy for the TNT Title in a Falls Count Anywhere Match
  • Chris Jericho vs. Dax Harwood with Mike Tyson as the guest enforcer
  • Jade Cargill vs. Red Velvet
  • Anthony Ogogo debut

And I guess we might hear something from the reformed Elite/Bullet Club.

·
Registered
AVALONS #1 FAN/ AEW REVIEW BO$$
2,265 Posts
Ogogo has nice swagger on the mic hope his on ring stuff is on par.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I feel I'm fair with AEW and pretty balanced, but man I disliked this show a lot. I really hate the Bucks' melodrama and all this Bullet Club shit. Someone had a thread on here a while back lamenting his distaste for the Bucks' melodrama too, so surely other people must dislike it. Keep that shit on BTE, I ain't feeling watching some grown ass men acting like they're on the playground in 4th grade. I hated it back when ROH had it all over their shows too.

Also, injury angles from basic wrestling moves don't really work in 2021. When you see matches of guys kicking out of 60 different things, I'm supposed to buy 3 DDT's as a serious threat? lol. Also I feel this heel turn from the Bucks would mean more if they hadn't already turned heel a year ago. You'll probably say they weren't real heels but whatever. They attacked innocent people unprovoked, that's a heel. Also Moxley looked like an idiot because everyone knew the Bucks were probably turning on him.

Also why the hell did Max Castor use a chain on Hangman and not have that be the finish? Match went way too long too imo. That was some Russo tier "subverting your expectations for no reason" stuff. I loved last weeks Dynamite sans some nitpicks but this one was pretty bad. It's just one bad show so it's not the end of the world. I did miss the one match I was looking forward too cause I switched over to WALTER and Ciampa (Darby and Drake) so I need to find that.

·
Premium Member
Geekslayer
12,474 Posts
An uneven show this week and the match quality was lesser than usual (Darby vs. JD was good, but not as good as Darby vs. Scorpio Sky imo), but some of the story telling was good. I loved Jericho's promo personally but feel the Pinnacle need to get their heat back next week. Would Tyson bump for Wardlow? And even though it was telegraphed a few minutes in advance, the Bucks turning was something I wanted to see and had to happen as they have been boring as babyface champions. Poor Moxley has lost three times in AEW... all to Kenny. All via nefarious means. He needs some backup besides Kingston.

Next week's card looks great. Clearly they want some of those 'drifters' who switch between AEW and NXT usually.

• Young Bucks vs. PAC/Fenix for the AEW World Tag Team Title
  • Darby Allin vs. Matt Hardy for the TNT Title in a Falls Count Anywhere Match
  • Chris Jericho vs. Dax Harwood with Mike Tyson as the guest enforcer
  • Jade Cargill vs. Red Velvet
  • Anthony Ogogo debut

And I guess we might hear something from the reformed Elite/Bullet Club.
I thought it was Jericho and Sammy vs FTR? Did I hear it wrong?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Look someone has to be a good friend to Matt and look straight in his eyes and say
"Look Matt, you are a bad actor". This dude has been repeatedly put on the position as the face of the Young Bucks. He cuts the promo, he does all the "acting faces", the whole Kenny thing involved him and him alone for some reason. He is fucking bombing on national television. Maybe BTE gave him confidence to try and y'know what, I'm all for trying to make something out of you and following your dreams and whatever and hell I like the Bucks more than most guys here, I think they have some great matches in them.

But stop.
I can't handle it anymore. Now that this shit is over either join the retarded comic book villain thing alongside Kenny as their coadjuvants or get yourself a manager or whatever.

I hate the BC Drama man.
I hated it when it was Cody, I hated when it was with the Tongans and I hate it when its with the Young Bucks. I truly despise it.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Matt Jackson can't act, agreed. Nick is the better of the two in every respect. But the Bucks can work well as obnoxious heels and hopefully shut up a bit now that they're with Callis. The melodrama will hopefully be over now and they can have proper feuds.

Two Sheds said:
I thought it was Jericho and Sammy vs FTR? Did I hear it wrong?
Sammy and Cash are the corner men with everyone else banned.

I can see this being the start of a stream of IC vs. Pinnacle singles matches up to Blood and Guts with wins being traded.

EyakuhtXAAAzfRz.jpg

·
Registered
468 Posts
horrible show..... do the idiots that run this company not realize you are going to keep losing viewers unless you simplify things? dynamite is supposed to be like a drama show... you have 3-4 major story lines to keep an audience hooked and you flesh out those stories..... what you dont do is have literally 10+ storylines in a 2 hour window that are rushed and half baked. this show is a joke... its basically impossible to follow every thing and care about the outcomes. ratings will be in the 600k range

381 - 400 of 479 Posts