Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 12185 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
Watched SummerSlam and I would rank it 3/5.

It was alright. It seemed shit on paper but the actual show was alright.

Undertakers return was weird. No make-up looked a bit strange but I understood it.

Daniel Bryan annoyed me. Loads. Felt sorry for Slater & Young & Bret did surprisingly better than I thought he could ever do.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Yeah, it really is. I don't see how you could hate dude when he hasn't even done enough to warrant any real hate. He puts on good matches, cuts good promos. Does he need to have some shitty cookie cutting gimmick and be 260 pounds in order to get your attention?

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
How you can dislike danielson astonishes me. He's arguably the best wrestler in the world. Can cut promos that can be absolutely fantastic(see his nxt promo after his elimination, where he attacks cole and miz). And is extremely unique and is over. How can you hate him?

·
Banned
282 Posts
Alex Shelley Vs Chris Hero

Pro Wrestling Guerilla: As The Worm Turns

A solid match-up. A lot of neat, and cohesive chain wrestling. However, I felt the match was lacking in sweet spots. I loved the finish. A vicous fucking elbow, followed by the Hero's Welcome. A good watch.

El Generico Vs Kevin Steen

Ring of Honor: Death Before Dishonor VIII

I haven't seen a lot of Ring of Honor, but I have seen a few DVDs. With that being said, I enjoyed this match as well. They advertised this match as a grudge match, 6 months in the making. I was a little disappointed that it was as vicious as I would have like to to be. I didn't feel the intenstiy from Generico; wanting to get revenge. And there were no weapons, or blood, which didn't help the match. But there was definitely a lot of good things. Some cool spots by both guys. Steen can move around pretty well for a big guy, and El Generico's big boot and Springboard DDT over the ring is pretty fucking sweet. However, it was kind've a bummer to see Steen win, and it looks like this feud is semi-over. Hopefully they have a return match, and end this feud correctly.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Can someone tell me why Danielson joined team WWE? Wasn't he a part of Nexus when he got "fired"? I don't really follow the story lines closely so excuse the dumb question.

·
Registered
604 Posts
HBK/vader ss06 ****1/4 great match
Wow man, that's one helluva overrating if ever I saw one. Silly finish with the multiple restarts - similar to the awful SummerSlam 2009 Cena/Orton - botched elbow drop leading to an audible argument berating by Michaels led to a dissapointing match I thought.

It was good and certainly worth watching again but I didn't like the slow pace of Vader's chokes or holds or whatever boring stuff he was doing. Anything Michaels did of course shone and was exciting to watch but overall nah not a ****+ for me.

A good three star match I'd say.

eh... you are talking about SummerSlam 1996 and not 2006 right?

Can we keep the old one for reference please? :)

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Wow man, that's one helluva overrating if ever I saw one. Silly finish with the multiple restarts - similar to the awful SummerSlam 2009 Cena/Orton - botched elbow drop leading to an audible argument berating by Michaels led to a dissapointing match I thought.

It was good and certainly worth watching again but I didn't like the slow pace of Vader's chokes or holds or whatever boring stuff he was doing. Anything Michaels did of course shone and was exciting to watch but overall nah not a ****+ for me.

A good three star match I'd say.

eh... you are talking about SummerSlam 1996 and not 2006 right?

Can we keep the old one for reference please? :)
yeah im talking ss96. and im not the only person i have ever saw rate the match **** it was a very solid match easily vaders best with the E. to be honest i loved the match and that "botched elbow" you talk about was vaders fault you could hear shawn screaming move. imo it actually added to the match though i love the stomps he gives vader afterwords. also ss09 wasnt bad at all id go *** on it i found it funny as hell.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Mr. Pip your entitled to your opinion but Daniel Bryan is a good wrestler and he's good on the Mic. I like you Mr. Pip i am also a huge fan of Toy Story franchise P.S. I liked your old avatar

1 - 20 of 12185 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.