Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the title is pretty self-explanatory I guess. Who do you enjoy watching perform the most right now? It doesn't have to be your overall favorite superstar, or even who you think is the best, just who you find the most enjoyable as a pure in-ring worker.

Personally, I'm really digging Kofi Kingston's work right now. I know he's not the most consistent or the most technically sound, but I find his unorthadox, high-energy style really entertaining. He reminds me a lot of RVD, only less fluid and graceful. The Trouble-in-Paradise is, I think, a beautiful finisher, definitely one of my favorites along with Punk's GTS. There's just something about a well executed kick to the head that is really satisfying, and just like HBK's superkick, it never gets old. I think Kofi Kingston has the perfect babyface style and could be hugely over if WWE would invest the effort. I could see him in a "boyhood dream" type storyline going after a world title. Unfortunatly WWE seems completely averse to giving a major push to a face right now for some reason. However I'm afraid they're going to totally miss the boat with Kofi if they don't pull the trigger soon.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Difficult question. Lots of guys have been on fire lately (Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, etc), but i've always enjoyed Drew McIntyre's in-ring work the most so i'd choose him. He works well with a lot of wrestlers, his series of matches with Kofi, Christian, Kaval, etc have been all great this year. If Ted DiBiase is given opportunity to work longer matches more often then perhaps i'd choose him, being on Raw brand has limited his in-ring time which does him no justice.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Daniel Bryan, and Cena. Yeah, that's right, Cena. You got a fucking problem with that?
Actually, I agree. Cena may not be the best technical wrestler, but every time he wrestles a story is told. The crowd goes nuts, you genuinely care about the match.

·
DELIRIUM
4,544 Posts
Since I'm more of an in-ring guy, rather than a mic-work guy, I like alot of guys. To name a few...

Daniel Bryan
CM Punk
Alberto Del Rio
Jack Swagger
Sheamus
Dolph Ziggler
Drew McIntyre
Cody Rhodes
Wade Barrett
Justin Gabriel
Goldust
Tyson Kidd

And let's not exclude the ladies...

Natalya
Beth Phoenix (Not active, but still on the roster)

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Danielson is in a class all his own as far as I'm concerned. Other guys that impress me are Regal, Rhodes, Ziggler, Christian, Kaval, Punk, and Swagger. Pretty much anybody that can pull a decent to good match out of anybody is definetely worth watching and all of these guys can do that.

·
DELIRIUM
4,544 Posts
Danielson is in a class all his own as far as I'm concerned. Other guys that impress me are Regal, Rhodes, Ziggler, Christian, Kaval, Punk, and Swagger. Pretty much anybody that can pull a decent to good match out of anybody is definetely worth watching and all of these guys can do that.
Shit, totally forgot about Regal. But, he's on TV enough for me to think he isn't active.

·
Registered
559 Posts
daniel bryan, ziggler, i do enjoy cena for the most part. morrison is just awesome in the ring. i also like seeing the miz, may not be the most talented but def tells a story. used enjoy edge but lately blah

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
John Morrison by far. I think he's different to the top guys we already have and his matches are always exciting. He's not a technical wrestler, but he's a fantastic in ring performer.

I'm also enjoyonng Bryan, and Ziggler who I think is one of the best in ring workers in the company right now. Definatly underrated in the ring.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts