Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I've been thinking (what a surprise, I can think). Lots of people have been calling Cody Rhodes a bit of a joke character simply because, well, his gimmick is pretty funny. He hates getting hit in the face since it's his most prized possession. So I was thinking that Cody should wear something to protect his face during his matches.

But as I thought about it, Cody Rhodes's gimmick is absolutely able to turn from a joke to a truly sadistic superstar in the WWE. The minute I started to think about Rhodes protecting his face, I immediately identified him as a character I remembered as a kid.

Yup, Street Fighter's Vega (Balrog).

Think about it. Rhodes could further develop his narcissistic attitude by wearing a mask to protect his most beautiful face, and if by some chance a wrestler takes it off and damages his face, he would go absolutely ballistic, and his style of wrestling suddenly goes from elegant to absolutely brutal.

His mask would look something like Vega's too:

^ It looks geeky but I wanted to find someone wearing a Vega mask with Rhodes' hair. lol

I will admit, I love Rhodes as he is now since it's perfect for him, but it did begin to make more sense now that I thought about it.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I actually really like this idea. Now THAT'S a character. Dashing has been getting a bit dry, so perhaps THIS can be the thing to fix it. But before this can take place, something needs to happen that will forever scare Cody into hiding his face from the world. Or perhaps he can just deem people unworthy of seeing his face. GET A HOLD OF WWE CREATIVE WILL YA?!

Now, Cody also needs that Vega Arm Blade, and WWE would never allow it...sooooo :hmm:

·
Registered
10 Posts
It would be a cool idea, but think about it.
Wearing a mask would ruin his makeup.

·
Premium Member
19,338 Posts
I like the idea. He's certainly not important right now so why not give it a shot.

·
Banned
306 Posts
He needs to make his entrance by killing a charging bull, but I would not mind them trying something such as this.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I personally wouldn't ever try to cover this "Dashing" smile....

He just oozes charisma the minute you see his smile.

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
His current gimmick is long over do for a change. For me it was something to get him rolling on his own again. They obviously don't want to constantly remind people he is the son of a former world champion, or that his brother is Goldust. Actually, I don't mind that the prior hasn't been stressed so much. While at the same time I don't think his family history has been much of a focus.

Some would say that his run with Teddy as the tag team "Priceless" would have served explanation to his family ties, but it hardly did so imo. My view of Priceless was that of decent "Henchmen" at best. Much of the focus on Legacy was mainly on Orton.

This may sound a bit old school, but I think they need to have a brother vs brother feud, or have Dustin stop acting as Goldust, and go with as a tag team with his brother. In any case I think a feud between the two would be nice to see as we know how well Dustin can carry the mic, and Cody really isn't that bad himself. Hell, even have a surprise appearance by Dusty once, or twice.

If that doesn't work out, I think turning him "face" at the expense of his former NXT rookie would be sweet. Husky Harris works well as a "heel", and I think it could be a solid feud for a month, or so just to get Cody some "face" exposure. Perhaps Husky comes out during one of Cody's "grooming tips", and throws him through a mirror bloodying his poor face. Sending him off to the hospital to have surgery.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I kind of like the idea of him wearing a mask to protect his face. Someone could bust him open somehow leading him to freakout and cover up. Then he could have a more aggressive style because he doesn't have to worry about protecting his face anymore. Pretty cool idea.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts