Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You may not like some of the guys being utilized, you may not like some of your old favorites sitting on the bench.. or the spotlight being on Hulk/Eric and WWE guys. Or some of the firings. But the SHOW has been more entertaining than this crappy company has ever put on. The company has so many wrestlers that are over right now and the product has been entertaining as ever; full of great wrestling and storylines these last weeks.

It just doesn't matter because they will never steal WWE's viewers.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
:lmao yeah, SO fucking good. i love a circus.

they've put on so many better months it's not even worth mentioning.
and even so, if you're going to talk about good months for a company, they have to be good from a business standpoint. January for example was a good month for TNA. they're hitting 1.0-1.2, house shows are down, how is that great for the company, and better than it's ever been?

this OP is just wrong on both a business and quality of the product standpoint, but since quality is subjective (even though this is hardly seeming like a subjective thing), it's at least 100% wrong business-wise.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I haven't liked a single show from October and only one show from November so far ( last nights show ) has been good. That said Last nights show was pure win.

I almost felt like they went back in time before Bishoff and resurected the old tna. Starting the show was a hillarious Flair promo and then the first match was awesome. The Guns + Lethal /Gen Me + Robbie E stole the show. Old school x-division style!

Jarrets mma thing was actually entertaining. And Samoa Joe tore up all his guys. I actually want to watch the ppv now to see this match.

The main event... whoa!
Anyone who has read my posts before knows that I hated Flair back in wwe. I made endless jokes about his saggy tits and funny looking back drops. Flair in tna = awesome! And damn he still can put on an insane match.

I don't know who decided the main event not being the end of the show, but it just makes tna look so cheesy with no proper ending for the show.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
The last months of Impact that I can remember that were actually GOOD was when the whole Desmond vs Angle feud was going on. If im not mistaken we had AJ, Joe, and Daniels feuding for the title in the Main Event, the Main Event Mafia was done(Thank God) and Desmond was being built as a real threat and looked like a million bucks. *sigh* those were the days......and the insane thing is VINCE RUSSO was head of creative at the time......

·
I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
767 Posts
Are you nuts?

I can't believe anyone would think that the past two months of TNA have been the best the company has ever produced.

It's terrible, about a year ago I could watch TNA all the way through, maybe skip a few parts, but now I just skip the majority of the shows, sometimes not even watching it at all.

If you'd have said late last year, TNA was producing something watchable and entertaining, I would agree with you.

·
Premium Member
27,697 Posts
These past 2 months have actually been some of the worst in the company's history. Just completely directionless, more so than earlier this year.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
The main event... whoa!
Anyone who has read my posts before knows that I hated Flair back in wwe. I made endless jokes about his saggy tits and funny looking back drops. Flair in tna = awesome! And damn he still can put on an insane match.

I don't know who decided the main event not being the end of the show, but it just makes tna look so cheesy with no proper ending for the show.
I'm sorry, you actually prefer Flair in TNA? Why? He's older and more pathetic looking than ever. In the WWE he was stylin and profilin, and kicking ass left and right. Did you miss his epic Taboo Tuesday match against Triple H in 2006? His fantastic steel cage against Orton in Taboo Tuesday in 2005? His matches against Edge, Foley and finally Shawn?

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
You may not like some of the guys being utilized, you may not like some of your old favorites sitting on the bench.. or the spotlight being on Hulk/Eric and WWE guys. Or some of the firings. But the SHOW has been more entertaining than this crappy company has ever put on. The company has so many wrestlers that are over right now and the product is has been entertaining and full of great wrestling and storylines these last weeks.

TBH I thought October and November last year was better than this year. Better stories, albeit a little simplistic, better wrestlers in the main-event, less reliance on old guys and the shit they were doing 10 years earlier and no Hulk Hogan.

I'm glad you're enjoying it though.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
I'm sorry, you actually prefer Flair in TNA? Why? He's older and more pathetic looking than ever. In the WWE he was stylin and profilin, and kicking ass left and right. Did you miss his epic Taboo Tuesday match against Triple H in 2006? His fantastic steel cage against Orton in Taboo Tuesday in 2005? His matches against Edge, Foley and finally Shawn?
Flair shoulda stayed in his Wheel Chair. He was more stylin and profilin like that especially since he looks so decrepit and shriveled up now. He is still hilarious tho.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Flair shoulda stayed in his Wheel Chair. He was more stylin and profilin like that especially since he looks so decrepit and shriveled up now. He is still hilarious tho.
The wheelchair Flair was some of the funniest shit I saw in my life. But otherwise, its just not the same.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
The problem is that TNA could have been in a different direction by now if it wasn't for Dixie Carter being a protective bitch. She is just letting her company and her fans down with the direction she wants to take.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
The wheelchair Flair was some of the funniest shit I saw in my life. But otherwise, its just not the same.
its sad because he seems more reddish purple in the face than hes ever been and now hes loosing his hair. Pretty soon we're gonna see a bald ric flair coming out with a walker and hes STILL gonna be pulling better promos than 95% of the roster.

·
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,054 Posts
You may not like some of the guys being utilized, you may not like some of your old favorites sitting on the bench.. or the spotlight being on Hulk/Eric and WWE guys. Or some of the firings. But the SHOW has been more entertaining than this crappy company has ever put on. The company has so many wrestlers that are over right now and the product is has been entertaining and full of great wrestling and storylines these last weeks.

Actually October & November have had some of the worst Impacts in a little bit. Aside from the Guns no great wrestling to be found, and the storylines range from no one caring to flat out horrible.

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
If the fans don't have faith in the company then why the hell should those in charge have?

The lamest excuse for TNA's sucky viewership is this one.

"TNA will never steal WWE's viewers" my ass. Countless times we've seen close to 2 million viewers, then the following week we're back to about 1.5 million. There's interest in the product, but TNA fails all the damn time to main anyone's interest.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts