Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
33,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- Ring of Honor returns to Dayton, OH and Chicago Ridge, IL is THIS Friday, October 15th and Saturday, October 16th. Both nights have main events of epic proportions!!! Davey Richards and Christopher Daniels could possibly walk out of Dayton, OH with the ROH Tag Team Championships if they can beat The Kings of Wrestling. The next night Chicago Ridge will host the long awaited one-on-one bout between Richards and Daniels. Tickets will be available to purchase at the door on the night of the show. Don’t miss it!

- The first six competitors for “Survival of the Fittest 2010″ have been confirmed. Already signed to compete in this year’s tournament are the ROH World Tag Team Champions The Kings of Wrestling (Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli), The All Night Express (Kenny King and Rhett Titus), Colt Cabana, and Grizzly Redwood. The tournament will take place on November 12th at the The Ford Community & Performing Arts Center in Dearborn, MI. The final six entrants will be announced next week including some big names. ROH World Champion Roderick Strong will also be in action that night. Tickets for this event can be purchased here: http://www.rohwrestling.com/store.php?sec=prod&prod=268.

- As announced earlier today at ROHWrestling.com, World TV Champion Eddie Edwards will defend his title against El Generico when we return to the Toronto area on Saturday, November 13th at the International Centre in Mississauga. Edwards has gone on record stating that he will be a fighting champion and will defend the title at any opportunity. Generico has stepped up to the plate and will challenge for the championship in his adopted home country. These two men have a long brutal history together and this should be a tremendous match-up. Tickets are now on sale here: http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/toronto-ontario-june-19th/.

- We just posted two new sales at ROHWrestling.com to save on DVD’s and live event tickets. The Buy 3, Get 2 DVD Sale is now in effect for all Ring of Honor DVD’s. Also, save $5 Off tickets for select upcoming live shows. For details on both offers please click here: http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/get-free-dvds-plus-save-on-tickets/.

- Homicide is on a mission to work his way up the ranks as quickly as possible to earn an ROH Championship match. Even though Homicide’s resume is second to none and he feels entitled to an immediate title match, ROH officials have made it clear that he won’t be handed anything and he must prove himself. Homicide is extremely eager to get back “his” belt. Nevertheless, the difficulty lies in actually surviving what’s ahead. On Friday Homicide will face Kenny King and Saturday it’s the huge match of Homicide vs. Kevin Steen! Homicide is 2-0 since his ROH return and both of his weekend opponents could easily defeat him halting his progress and tarnishing the record.

- Fans in the Chicago area are excited to finally get an installment of The Kings of Wrestling-Briscoe Brothers feud. Both teams have shaped the tag division for the last 10 months in ROH. In a traditional tag setting, the current World Tag Champions have largely controlled the game. This Saturday it will be a different scenario with an interesting twist as it will be Elimination Style. This means that after the first fall it will either be two Briscoes on one King or two Kings vs. one Briscoe. With all of the intriguing matches lined up on the card, this could possibly be the most interesting.

- Mark Briscoe vs. Mike Mondo has officially been signed for tomorrow night in Dayton, OH! Also, a Womens Tag Team Match has been added to Chicago Ridge on Saturday’s event.

- Characterized by opacity, ductility, conductivity, and a unique luster when freshly fractured. The Metal Master returns in Dayton and Chicago Ridge!!!

- Dave Lagana wrote a great article called “The Big Fight Feel” focusing on the Davey Richards vs. Christopher Daniels match-up this Saturday night in Chicago Ridge. To read the article click here: http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/the-big-fight-feel/.

- Andy Ridge is ready for his first two Trial Series matches this weekend. He has been training all week at the ROH Academy and is in top shape. He is looking to impress but has a huge challenge ahead of him on both nights. On Friday in Dayton Andy Ridge will face technical maestro Colt Cabana and then on Saturday he battles “Cuban Crippler” Ricky Reyes in Chicago Ridge. “I’ve been training hard for a long time now, and I look at this opportunity as a reward for all of the hard work I’ve put in” said Ridge last night. ROH Officials will be evaluating and watching Ridge with a detailed eye. We wish him luck!

- Prince Nana’s recent article on ROHwrestling.com is harder to understand then most. The Prince does not seem like he is in his right state of mind lately. View his article here: http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/nanas-world-october-13th/

- After the Ring of Honor show in Dayton, OH come to the after party at Blind Bob’s (in The Oregon District) on 430 East 5th St. Dayton OH 45402. Take this opportunity to meet and greet with stars of Ring of Honor. This will be a fun event for the crew and the fans!

- We’ll be back next week with the fallout from Dayton and Chicago, new matches for Dearborn and Mississauga, and much more. Have a great weeken

·
Registered
703 Posts
So for Detroit we have...

SOTF Featuring

Hero, Claudio, King, Titus, Cabana, and Grizzly

I'd like to see added...

Steen, Generico, Omega, Ricards, Edwards, Homicide

Four Way Non Title

Mark Briscoe vs. Jay Briscoe vs. Roderick Strong vs. Christopher Daniels

House of Truth vs. Cole/Reily

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
So it's going to be Metal Master vs. Ricky Reyes in Dayton. My God does that sound unappealing. Good luck getting to intermission Dayton fans.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
So it's going to be Metal Master vs. Ricky Reyes in Dayton. My God does that sound unappealing.
PISS BREAK. Delirious needs to stop helping his friends get jobs (what is he Russo, Hogan Bischoff and Jarrett now?) If Reyes is to be on the roster it should be in a tag team with Rocky Romero, he's boring otherwise.

·
Havamaniac #3
901 Posts
So for Detroit we have...

SOTF Featuring

Hero, Claudio, King, Titus, Cabana, and Grizzly

I'd like to see added...

Steen, Generico, Omega, Ricards, Edwards, Homicide

Four Way Non Title

Mark Briscoe vs. Jay Briscoe vs. Roderick Strong vs. Christopher Daniels

House of Truth vs. Cole/Reily
'

Dude surprising as it is, Briscoes never really get a good reaction in detroit, or atleast the past 2 years. I only go to Detroit shows and its just something ive noticed.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I've thought they've got some decent reactions. They normally aren't really in a high profile matches. Since i'm bored i'll comment on the shows. I just got a feeling we won't be seeing the Briscoes in the tournament. So maybe a fourway or tag match against Strong we will see.

Gold Rush -

Briscoes + Tyler Black vs. American Wolves + Chris Hero - Main Event, but somewhat of a meaningless match.

Aries vs. Richards

Briscoes vs. HOT - Opened the show. I thought the crowd was hot, but not a big match.

Violent Tendancies

No Match

MotorCity Madness 2009

Jay vs Nigel non title - Another higher profile match, but meaningless.

New Horizons

Briscoes return from injury to beat 2 jobbers. I remember the crowd was pretty hyped for this. But it was a squash match.

Tag Wars 2008

Briscoes vs. Aries + Ibushi. Awesome. Good reaction.

Motor City Madness 2007

Briscoes vs. Aries + Matt Cross - Main event, but everyone knew the Briscoes were winning.

Supercard of Honor 2

They were pretty over in their match of Jay + Delirous vs. Daniels/Sydal.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
I might as well have said Detroit has lower standards than Canada... that was kind of blunt. Basically Canada is the country that booed TNA out of the building so Ontario is automatically top 3 for great wrestling fans who know their shit.

·
Premium Member
4,185 Posts
I might as well have said Detroit has lower standards than Canada... that was kind of blunt. Basically Canada is the country that booed TNA out of the building so Ontario is automatically top 3 for great wrestling fans who know their shit.
And then Canada lose 2000 pts after the imbeciles in the crowd at the DGUSA shows.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
And then Canada lose 2000 pts after the imbeciles in the crowd at the DGUSA shows.
Add another five thousand for the people who get drunk at the shows and yell out "FUCK YOU QUEER-O!" and "YOU SUCK, TYLER!" We unquestionably have idiot fans in Canada who think they're more over than the wrestlers, but we also don't put up with any bullshit. I would give us credit for the very clear audible "FUCK YOU RUSSO!" chants when TNA gave Canadians a piss poor pay per view card. Chicago, New York, Toronto, England and All Japan 1990's = Best crowds ever.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts