Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Orange is extremely popular with the casuals and type of fans AEW gets at crowds who are not the "captured audience" so to speak (adult male, overweight, into nerd shit). This much is clear and can be measured in multiple facets.

Whether it's good to push him to the title picture is another question and IMO it isn't, as there are other uncaptured audiences they need to appeal to (i.e. the NBA fans who made fun of fat Jericho) and he would be a negative there. But it's at least a debate

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I bet he would draw as champion. Look at his Twitter, the guy gets kids tweeting him, sending him photos of them dressing up like him for Halloween. Wearing his shirt, and even wearing a mask with his logo on it. He’s insanely popular, not just with the hardcore crowd

·
Premium Member
Geekslayer
10,364 Posts
This with the fact that he had the highest selling merch on the shop for a long time proves he's a draw....hoes mad ....hoes mad
Wait, when was it ever said this was the most in a long time? It has been claimed (without evidence) he sold the most non-WWE merch in the lowest performing year in wrestling history. That is not saying a whole lot.

·
Likes wrestling....
9,120 Posts
So no one is going to question the legitimacy of the PWI poll, are we seriously going to just accept it as legit?

I mean the whole industry is a work, why is that now totally legit?

·
Registered
7,451 Posts
So no one is going to question the legitimacy of the PWI poll, are we seriously going to just accept it as legit?

I mean the whole industry is a work, why is that now totally legit?
Why do we even care if it is a work? These awards have been around forever. Just a fun footnote every year.

·
Likes wrestling....
9,120 Posts
Why do we even care if it is a work? These awards have been around forever. Just a fun footnote every year.
Sure it's not a big deal either way. But to validate the legitimacy of someone's popularity based on a "fake vote"?

I don't know, feels suspect. No worries either way.

·
Registered
7,451 Posts
Sure it's not a big deal either way. But to validate the legitimacy of someone's popularity based on a "fake vote"?

I don't know, feels suspect. No worries either way.
He is over though. Even someone like me that don't really watch AEW knows of him and some of his antics this year. lol

Maybe there was voter fatigue for Moxley this year.

·
Likes wrestling....
9,120 Posts
He is over though. Even someone like me that don't really watch AEW knows of him and some of his antics this year. lol

Maybe there was voter fatigue for Moxley this year.
Sure I understand he is over 100% .

I just think it's weird that people hold the PWI awards up as a "truth" . I mean legit look at the PWI awards history and check out the "runners up". It is very suspect. I mean who is going to vote for some of their runners up, over mainstream WWE feuds/wrestlers?

No worries either way.

Maybe I am wrong and they are legit vote tallies? I maybe leaning to hard into conspiracy.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I love how most of these posts just question the results instead of congratulating him. People complain about how there’s no new stars in wrestling. Well now that there is there’s pushback. So it’s only when you personally like the person I guess? The dude works hard, has a unique gimmick and kids love him. You bet your ass WWE will try to get him when his contract is up.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Do we know how many people voted for OC and what the total number of votes were?

Either way, chuck a belt on him if he’s that good and see how it goes. That’ll truly settle whether he’s a draw or not.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
12,903 Posts
That's weird.

I could've sworn that Orange Cassidy "wasn't" popular, and that pretty much "nobody" cared about the guy.

Anyway, BIG congrats to Cassidy for winning the most popular wrestler of 2020! :D

Hopefully, they continue to prominently feature him on Dynamite :)

Well 2020 was the worst year in our lifetimes so it makes perfect sense Trashidy would be most associated with it.
I'm not sure who you're even talking about here, but I DO know that Cassidy was one of the bright spots of 2020 ;)

Reactions: YTK

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
12,903 Posts
Nobody does outside of hardcore wrestling fans.
There must be A LOT of hardcore wrestling fans out there then, which just goes to show you how popular Cassidy truly is within the wrestling community (along with any other casual fans too) :)

Reactions: YTK

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
So the readers of PWI voted him, people who feel the need to go to their favorite newspapers website to vote for an award...ok...this shows the mainstream appeal of OC. Good for him, I guess. With these polls I would actually like to see the amount of total votes, to see "how big of a star" he is going to be.

41 - 60 of 97 Posts