Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
I dont buy that WWE dont want another Cena, let alone The Rock.

Imagine The fiend becomes extremely popular and sells tons of merch, fills out arenas etc. You are telling me WWE would not want that? They haven't cracked that yet. I am banking on the Fiend to see how big can that become.

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
I don't buy it for a second.

They had multiple performers (Bryan, Punk, Ambrose) who connected with the crowd far more than Cena, and they squandered them because Vince/Creative wanted someone else to have that connection (this someone else failed miserably).

WWE spent a lifetime criticizing how WCW couldn't make new stars since Goldberg, well who have they created at the level of Goldberg since The Rock? Someone said it best, they just don't know how to build new stars anymore nor book a semi decent angle despite having good performers on the roster.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I do not think that strategy will work well long-term. It was the superstar wrestlers that helped make the company popular, along with good writing, and audiovisual team. How can the company expect people to want to tune in to see a show filled with mid-card talent, with only two or three guys who could have probably been relevant in the 1980s, 1990s, or early 2000s?

101 - 105 of 105 Posts