Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty much what it says in the title. What obscure, underground artists are you into. For me:

Gåte are a good Norwegian folk rock band, who infuse prog and metal influences into their music.

Green River are an example of this. Great grunge/punk band active on the Seattle scene in the mid-1980s.

Also Flop. These were a punk rock band active 1990-1996, also from Seattle.

I may list more, but what obscure/underground bands do you like at the moment.

·
B̴l̨e͡edįng͜ Sin ⛧
10,403 Posts
Literally everything I listen to is considered to be obscure and not mainstream but some of my favorites include We Butter the Bread With Butter, Dope Stars Inc., Combichrist.

·
Currently booking tonight’s card...
2,293 Posts
Tantric, made up of several Days Of The New members joining with a new(at the time) singer... their self titled album from 2001 has always been one of the handful of albums I have had with me since its release. The band got some attention for a couple songs from the album... "Mourning", "Astounded", & "Breakdown"... the band has gone through so many lineup changes in the last 15 years its insane. But that first album made them a mainstay with me.

Hands Like Houses, At times their music goes into a little heavier instrumentals and they also use other digital sounds in their mixes but the singer has some chops and it seems to remind me of many other singers kinda blended into one... whatever the reason I stumbled onto their work and I like it.

Throw The Fight, ^^^ similar to what I say there... The singer has chops and honestly their 2016 album "Transmissions" is really good. I'm surprised I havent heard things from the album show up on TV or just anywhere in general.. they seem like they could be worthy of some mainstream love.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Don't know if obscure since some have music videos and quite some views on Youtube:
Gwar, Kilgore, Union Underground, Guano Apes, Infectious Grooves, Tantric, Dope, Dance Hall Crashers

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
Hmmm, not sure how obscure some of these will be because I kinda listen to everything so none of it's that obscure to me, but anyway:

Hiphop/Rap: Binary Star (One Be Lo & Senim Silla,) Shotty Horroh, Raptor Warhurst, 7l & Esoteric, Apathy, Celph Titled, Outerspace, Atmosphere, Aesop Rock, Buck 65, Brother Ali, Non Phixion, Necro, Ill Bill, Kyza, Klashnekoff, Jehst, Dirty Dyke, Genesis Elijah, Killah Priest.

Rock/Metal/Punk: Weedeater, Eysaw, Sonic Boom 6, Thus Defiled, Capdown, Lagwagon, Llama Farmers, Lemonheads, Frenzal Rhombm, Less Than Jake.

·
Registered
8,854 Posts
Like others not sure if obscure but Butch Walker. Especially his older solo stuff and when he was in Marvelous Three.

Reactions: peep4life

·
Registered
22,868 Posts

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
I doubt anybody here would be into the obscure stuff I listen to, it's all failed pop groups and singers :lol Mostly from the late 90's and early 00's when those kind of acts were dime a dozen, like there was about 200 girl groups out there in 1999 and 2000.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh, and The Jesus Lizard. Alternative/post-hardcore band, still playing now but most active in the 1990s. Their music is quite refreshing, a bit different to what I’m used to. They were an influence on one of my favourite bands, Bush.

Lowlife. Decent alternative rock band and I’m actually quite surprised that they never broke into the mainstream.

Vaselines. People might have heard of them from Nirvana’s cover of Jesus Doesn’t Want Me For A Sunbeam, one of their tunes. I heard someone describe them as ‘the perfect pop band’. Another good alternative/jangle-rock band that never really made much of a mainstream impact. They were a big influence on grunge though, and they got more attention through their association with Nirvana and Kurt Cobain.

Mother Love Bone. Late 80s-90s rock/alt band from Seattle. On their only EP from 1990, they managed to cram in quite a variety of sounds. Members would go on to join Pearl Jam, Soundgarden and Love Battery.

·
Registered
15,735 Posts
Hmmm, not sure how obscure some of these will be because I kinda listen to everything so none of it's that obscure to me, but anyway:

Hiphop/Rap: Binary Star (One Be Lo & Senim Silla,) Shotty Horroh, Raptor Warhurst, 7l & Esoteric, Apathy, Celph Titled, Outerspace, Atmosphere, Aesop Rock, Buck 65, Brother Ali, Non Phixion, Necro, Ill Bill, Kyza, Klashnekoff, Jehst, Dirty Dyke, Genesis Elijah, Killah Priest.

Rock/Metal/Punk: Weedeater, Eysaw, Sonic Boom 6, Thus Defiled, Capdown, Lagwagon, Llama Farmers, Lemonheads, Frenzal Rhombm, Less Than Jake.

I'm not sure that I'd call Atmosphere, Aesop Rock, Buck 65 and Brother Ali obscure. They're not mainstream, but they got big fanbases.

To me someone obscure is more like Ensilence -- a gifted hip-hop artist that struggles to get more than 500 views per video.

:draper2

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Cromagnon- A very odd band that put out one album in 1969. They were ahead of their time.

Comus- Another odd band that put out a couple albums in the early 70s and made a comeback a few years ago.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Jean Grae, Tonedeff, Cunninlynguists, In Dying Arms, You Only Live Once, Zao, Demon Hunter, Pumpkinhead, Wristmeetrazor, Seeyoupacecowboy, E Town Concrete

1 - 20 of 22 Posts