• Obese

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • Anorexic

Votes: 15 46.9%
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
I guess it depends on how obese but as long as it's not 300+ lbs I choose it over anorexic.
Anoxeria really creeps me out, shit is disgusting and people with it usually have a lot more problems.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,166 Posts
I'd rather be Obese, although I instinctively voted Anorexic when I entered the thread. Anorexia is a legit eating disorder, you can be classed as Obese just by not exercising/eating badly and still look reasonably presentable if you're around 6FT give or take. You could always spent a month of hard cardio and a balanced diet and get back in shape easily if you're just tipping the scales on Obesity, not to mention if you went hard on working out with a fixed diet and a bit of creatine you could be incredibly well built within 2-3 months. Someone with anorexia has an actual fear of gaining weight and it's not simply "eat more lol". Not to mention because it's all in your head (mostly), you'd always be subjected to falling back into it once recovered.

I gotta admit though, weird comparison.

·
Exile on Main Street
1,154 Posts
Anorexic because if I wanted to gain weight eating everything I want would be a blast. Having to LOSE weight is much much more difficult.
You seem to be confusing anorexia with simply being skinny. I'm pretty sure it would be easier for an overweight person to lose weight than a legitimately anorexic person to gain weight. One simply has to have the willpower, the other has to overcome a mental condition.

·
Banned
6,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You seem to be confusing anorexia with simply being skinny. I'm pretty sure it would be easier for an overweight person to lose weight than a legitimately anorexic person to gain weight. One simply has to have the willpower, the other has to overcome a mental condition.
You never know morbidly obese people might have a mental disorder where they think they're skinny and need to eat more.

·
#TEAMFIT
8,542 Posts
No I know but I was going off the assumption that the OP wasn't asking about it based off its legitimate form and more of just "Would you rather be Super Fat or Super Skinny".

If we are talking legit Anorexia and legit Obesity I think I'd still say Anorexia. Many obese people no matter what they do CANNOT help but be fat because of how their body is structured. Living with Chronic OCD myself I understand how bad mental illnesses are, but at least irrational fears CAN be fixed. Something like the way your body just loves to store fat can't really be changed.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,703 Posts
This is an amusing question to me, because I've been both...well, I sure as hell wasn't "anorexic," but way underweight. At my fattest I was 250 and at my thinnest was 160 (I'm a healthy 180 now). And from my experience I'd definitely say that being too thin was way better than being too fat. It's hard for someone who's never lived inside an obese body to really understand how different it is. Physically, your feet hurt, it's hard to walk, you get winded easily. And emotionally it's difficult because people, consciously or not, tend to look down on the overweight. So, based on what I've experienced, too thin was a more bearable lifestyle.

Personally, I don't recommend either.

·
Now THAT is a shared moment...
6,321 Posts
In my Opinion it would be a lot better dieing with the taste of McDonalds in your mouth rather than the taste of sick, so I voted obesity.
Anorexic people wouldn't have the taste of sick in their mouth I think you're confusing Anorexia with Bulimia. Anorexic people would die with the taste of well nothing in their mouth.

I'd rather be anorexic though. I have an unhealthy hatred of fat people, so if I was fat myself I'd probably end up killing myself just so there'd be one less fatass in the world.

·
Banned
55,262 Posts
depends on how you're defining 'obese'. If you going purely by BMI then fuck yeah, i'd rather be obese. Mostly b/c BMI is a rubbish way of measuring it, you can be a short muscular bloke and be classed as "obese" with BMI :lmao

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.