Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
President Obama today announced that he now supports same-sex marriage, reversing his longstanding opposition amid growing pressure from the Democratic base and even his own vice president.

--------------

Independents favor same sex marriage 57-40. Just sayin'.

Thank you, Mr. President, for showing some fucking balls.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
i agree with obama. make same sex marriage legal

that way it'll be easier to round them up and kill them all!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
just last week he said he didn't support it as it was against his beliefs.. hell in his 2nd book he has an entire chapter about why he doesn't support.. like said above he is doing it, to try and get reelected.. but its gonna turn away more voters than it will gain him

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
just last week he said he didn't support it as it was against his beliefs.. hell in his 2nd book he has an entire chapter about why he doesn't support.. like said above he is doing it, to try and get reelected.. but its gonna turn away more voters than it will gain him
Like every other politician

·
The Sundance Kid
18,642 Posts
Just saying it for votes. He has the LBGT community wrapped around his finger.
So much this. (Y)

I support same sex marriage (I don't give a shit about marriage, abolish it for all I care, but if we're gonna have the damn thing let gays do it too), but I'm not impressed at all by this announcement. Words are wind. Ain't gonna vote for the motherfucker. He'll win by a country mile anyway.

·
Premium Member
17,720 Posts
almost a correct statement.. Dr.Paul has never once flip flopped on a single issue
Neither has Betty Boop or Mickey Mouse! neither of which have been made into smilies yet, WTF. gotta go see to that.

and gas prices are lowering? guess I'll vote for Obama and forgo looking into anything else about policy!

·
The Man
15,344 Posts
Just saying it for votes. He has the LBGT community wrapped around his finger.
He pretty much already did, especially against Romney. If anything he just alienated any Repubs who were considering him the lesser of two evils against Mitt.

Good on him for saying that... whether this goes anywhere or not, well, I'm not holding my breathe.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Not really! The people against gay marriage were not going to vote for him either way. These are your republicans, social conservatives and uber religious nuts.
If anything this is a good move cause it gets his former supporters on his side again.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Neither has Betty Boop or Mickey Mouse! neither of which have been made into smilies yet, WTF. gotta go see to that.

and gas prices are lowering? guess I'll vote for Obama and forgo looking into anything else about policy!
gas prices aren't lowering at all.. where do u get that crock? where i live, in the last week has gone from 4.20, to now being 4.98 for regular. How is that gas prices going down? the price of everything is going up, because of the dollar being devalued. Also anyone who would vote for Romney or Obama needs to have their head examined, as they must suffer from some form of retardation

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Not really! The people against gay marriage were not going to vote for him either way. These are your republicans, social conservatives and uber religious nuts.
If anything this is a good move cause it gets his former supporters on his side again.
there are people in the black neighborhoods around Orlando that are out protesting and have even given news interviews with in the last few hours, since Obama changed his stance to support. They are really enraged by it

He is gonna lose a large portion of the black vote, most if not all are very devout religious people.

·
40,798 Posts
He pretty much already did, especially against Romney. If anything he just alienated any Repubs who were considering him the lesser of two evils against Mitt.

Good on him for saying that... whether this goes anywhere or not, well, I'm not holding my breathe.
Any Republicans or independents that are anti-gay marriage would've never voted for Obama anyway.

It's also more likely Obama was for this, but said he wasn't for political reasons. Either way don't care. I'm sure the Supreme Court will rule on this one day and soon and who knows what the fuck result they come up with.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Not surprised he announces this shortly after NC votes against same-sex marriage. Current events enrage the democrats and independents, he makes a statement supporting their cause and he has instant votes. Simple politics.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.