Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
i got the game yesterday and luckily as a gamestop employee, i got one of the open store copies.. Because the game is really bad imo.. the controls are awkward, the mechanics and the physics are horrible most of the time.. The story is solid and the graphics are solid most of the time, but over all the game isn't worth the 60 bucks they want for it.. Luckily i was able to take it back.. Rent this game first or buy it used, if you can.. or see if a friend has it and play it first before you shell out the money

·
Banned
7,973 Posts
I had a feeling this game wasn't going to be as good as most people thought it was gonna be. I honestly didn't see anything groundbreaking about this game at all. A first person shooter with Zomies? Never seen that before. From the footage I saw it seemed pretty generic with not else to differentiate it from other games. The whole Zombie craze isn't enough for me to pay $60 dollars for this game. Might rent it somewhere down the line though.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,966 Posts
Its been alright so far, I'm a huge zombie fanatic so I might enjoy it more than others.

·
EIRE
15,862 Posts
I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I was going to. It's Farcry 2 & Fallout 3 with zombies, basically. Great atmosphere and music and I enjoy the melee combat a lot. I of course picked the big black guy with the awesome New Orleans accent. Reminded me of Ving Rhames.

·
Premium Member
3,256 Posts
From what I have found out on the game they did not include a offline co-op/multiplayer so the game already lost my interest in it.

·
EIRE
15,862 Posts
I couldn't even play the game at first, you have to set the game settings to single player first before it lets you play. I thought this was odd that the default mode was online and from all the reviews I've read, it's the same old infuriating shit as always: "While the game is alright alone the REAL fun is with co-op and multiplayer". Uggggggghhhhhhhh, fuck off with the online shit. And as I'm getting further and further through the game it's getting harder and harder to do things by myself, so I can see how they just assumed you would be playing through it with someone else because half this shit would be a shit ton easier with another person. Some fights are literally impossible to win on your own unless you're being really, really smart about it and running away and going back and really taking your time, whereas with two people you could just mow them down.

I'm getting so fucking fed up with shit like this. To just assume that you're going to be playing with someone else is stupid, imo. Although I can see their logic behind it as more people than not want to play online and with friends. I'm just one of the odd ones that hates online gaming and would rather play a game with an amazing 20+ hour story (Deus Ex) than run around online all day shooting people.

·
BLUE IS BACK
9,773 Posts
Love this game, like walls I was confused when I started and I got put into and online game ._.

Wish there was offline co-op (GF was excited for this game too), so I ended up having to bring one of the other 360's and another TV into my room in order to play with her.

Game is lots of fun, however. Games like this excite me :D

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
From what I have found out on the game they did not include a offline co-op/multiplayer so the game already lost my interest in it.
Yeah, that is disappointing. The lack of two player offline is why I disliked Dead Rising. But, when I get my pre-ordered copy on 9/9, I will reserve criticism until then.

·
Registered
12,434 Posts
Loving the online Co-op. The only thing that I don't like about it so far is that you're constantly repairing your weapons. Eventually it gets very expensive.
You probably have a ton of money and dont notice unless you're not searching through bags. I had over 1000$ without even knowing lol . Search through bags, theres always a lot of money plus you get money for doing missions and defeaeting certain zombies you can get up to hundreds at a time. I got 324 or something like that for beating an early big zombie

http://www.next-gen.biz/reviews/dead-island-review?page=2
^This review gave it a 3/10 lol

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Thought this game was incredibly shit to be honest, I thought I was going to buy it but pirated it first just to be safe, man was that a good decision. It's blatently meant to be played on a console and was poorly ported onto PC, the aiming seems way too slow, movement just doesn't feel right and it was never able to hook me into the storyline. I've never been a fan of the zombies genre but thought the quest style / Fallout gameplay would win me round.

It's probably the game that Left 4 Dead players have been waiting for but it's just another shit zombie game to me, I feel for anyone who buys this on PC.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
Thought this game was incredibly shit to be honest, I thought I was going to buy it but pirated it first just to be safe, man was that a good decision. It's blatently meant to be played on a console and was poorly ported onto PC, the aiming seems way too slow, movement just doesn't feel right and it was never able to hook me into the storyline. I've never been a fan of the zombies genre but thought the quest style / Fallout gameplay would win me round.

It's probably the game that Left 4 Dead players have been waiting for but it's just another shit zombie game to me, I feel for anyone who buys this on PC.
I've played L4D/2 MANY hours on the PC. This isn't anywhere near L4D though, gameplay wise. Still, I was looking forward to free roaming and fucking shit up, but sadly the game is riddled with bugs apparently so I'm not buying it anytime soon.

·
BALLS
3,675 Posts
You probably have a ton of money and dont notice unless you're not searching through bags. I had over 1000$ without even knowing lol . Search through bags, theres always a lot of money plus you get money for doing missions and defeaeting certain zombies you can get up to hundreds at a time. I got 324 or something like that for beating an early big zombie

http://www.next-gen.biz/reviews/dead-island-review?page=2
^This review gave it a 3/10 lol
I have over $15,000 now. Level 27 and on Chapter 7, City Hall Part 1 and it costs about $1500 to repair a weapon that's at about 25% or something like that.

And that review is only bad one I've seen. All they did was focus on the few bugs and the little flaws it had and over exaggerated them. They complained about how the game didn't do things how they wanted it to. They didn't mention anything good about the game. Every other review is 7/10 or above.

·
Banned
1,184 Posts
Another zombie game,Great fpalm

1 - 20 of 73 Posts