Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1641 - 1660 of 1662 Posts

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Also with Candice being added to the #1 Contender's match, you have FOUR women who've already lost repeatedly to Shayna, but not Rhea? Umm, WTF?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Rhea is legit as hell. If they actually start to pay attention about other women that division has so much potential with Io, Candice, Bianca and now Dakota being back.

Still cant see the hype around Trevor Lee.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,360 Posts
I really don't get what they're going for with Trevor Lee in that top hat and leather vest with the country bumpkin music, i just don't get the look or character they're going for. And he needs to change his finisher, doesn't Kofi do that leaping double foot stomp as a comeback/setup move? He needs to go back to using the small package driver.

And Priest again that rolling cutter is shit, tall wrestlers shouldn't use moves like that, they look awkward, he needs to be using a high impact slam, his South of heaven Chokelsam is perfect.

For some reason guys in NXT can't pick good finishers anymore, i mean Dunne is now using a finger snap submission as his finisher? Garza has this weird butterfly sitout ass buster thing where the guy doesn't look like he takes any damage, and Cole uses that anti climatic Last Shot/Shining Wizard to the back of the head. Just so many guys in NXT needs new finishers.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Am I the only one that the think that the conversation between Candice and Regal did not make any sense ?
Almost sounded like she was trying to blackmail Regal into adding her into the match. Complaining about Io attacking her and being rewarded a possible title opportunity and threatening that Io may not even make it to her match next week if he doesn't do anything about it.

·
The face that runs the List
10,771 Posts
I really don't get what they're going for with Trevor Lee in that top hat and leather vest with the country bumpkin music, i just don't get the look or character they're going for. And he needs to change his finisher, doesn't Kofi do that leaping double foot stomp as a comeback/setup move? He needs to go back to using the small package driver.

And Priest again that rolling cutter is shit, tall wrestlers shouldn't use moves like that, they look awkward, he needs to be using a high impact slam, his South of heaven Chokelsam is perfect.

For some reason guys in NXT can't pick good finishers anymore, i mean Dunne is now using a finger snap submission as his finisher? Garza has this weird butterfly sitout ass buster thing where the guy doesn't look like he takes any damage, and Cole uses that anti climatic Last Shot/Shining Wizard to the back of the head. Just so many guys in NXT needs new finishers.
It's even worse in NXT UK

·
SLAVE.
3,384 Posts
I don't think I have commented on the NXT thread in a little while, I am kinda meh on the whole show right now. None of the title pictures really interest me at all and the very few non title based stories around the title pictures are pretty bad as well. Like what was the deal this week with all that build up just for Gargano to say "NXT 4 Life" like a 12 year old on Xbox Live and to start a feud with Thorne? Also, what was the deal with Thorne's presentation, the weird elevator music theme he has, coming out shirtless in his jeans with his bum cloth hanging down. Weird energy. Total cringe.

One cool thing about this episode was seeing fresh matchups even if none of them were exactly earth shattering. The less said about Ripley/Baszler the better, but I thought Grimes/Mendoza and Garza/Dunne were fine. I guess we'll have to see what happens when the show goes two hours but NXT certainly has the depth, no questions.

Does anyone know yet if NXT Live will be on the Network the day after it airs, or four weeks after it airs?

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts
Does anyone know yet if NXT Live will be on the Network the day after it airs, or four weeks after it airs?
24 hours later yes

Reactions: Pizzamorg

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,360 Posts
It's even worse in NXT UK
I know what you mean, Noam Dar and Travis Banks essentially have the same finisher, they're both just kicks to the head, Banks just springobards to hit his while Noam just runs. Joseph Conners does some weak flatliner, and Dragunov's is just some weird running spinning headbutt.

And it looks like WALTER can't make up his mind what he wants his finisher to be, one week its a diving splash, next its a powerbomb, next its a clothesline.

·
10,771 Posts
I know what you mean, Noam Dar and Travis Banks essentially have the same finisher, they're both just kicks to the head, Banks just springobards to hit his while Noam just runs. Joseph Conners does some weak flatliner, and Dragunov's is just some weird running spinning headbutt.

And it looks like WALTER can't make up his mind what he wants his finisher to be, one week its a diving splash, next its a powerbomb, next its a clothesline.
Dragunov's finisher is actually a Running Uppercut. And it's awful.

Mastiff uses a Cannonball (Kevin Owens has it as a regular move).

Storm and Bate use the same move (and Toni's version doesn't go high enough to look painful).

Piper Niven has a Michinoku Driver some people use as a random strike halfway through their matches.

Kay Lee Ray has a Gory Bomb that looks weak as hell.

Devlin had the coolest finisher in both NXT shows called Ireland's Call and they had to ruin it and give him some lame ass back suplex.

I could go on and on

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
WALTER's finisher is the golden star powerbomb, just like Kota Ibushi's.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,360 Posts
Dragunov's finisher is actually a Running Uppercut. And it's awful.

Mastiff uses a Cannonball (Kevin Owens has it as a regular move).

Storm and Bate use the same move (and Toni's version doesn't go high enough to look painful).

Piper Niven has a Michinoku Driver some people use as a random strike halfway through their matches.

Kay Lee Ray has a Gory Bomb that looks weak as hell.

Devlin had the coolest finisher in both NXT shows called Ireland's Call and they had to ruin it and give him some lame ass back suplex.

I could go on and on
Pretty sure its a headbutt, i mean look at 6:01 here and he clearly strikes them with his head

·
10,771 Posts
Very serious question : Why hasn't anyone punched that woman in the NXT crowd who is always screaming her lungs out? It's annoying as hell. Every time someone comes out, it's like she's having an exorcism or someone is putting spiders in her hair.

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,620 Posts
Agreed completely talentless and a charisma vacuum.

These Trevor Lee fans boggle my mind.
Imagine judging someone based on so little matches. Since when is that a proper and fair way to cast judgement on someone. If a government sent out a questionnaire/census and then only looked at the votes from a small town, not even looking at the rest of the country, it wouldn't be a very accurate questionnaire, would it? No, you need a pretty big amount to fairly judge someone's ability, especially when 99% of their career isn't what you have seen. But no, let's throw a logical conclusion out of the window because of 3-5 matches, because that make sense.

Geez. All you have to do is ask what are his best matches but no, let's write him off because he was thrown into the deep end debuting with no background or reason to care and then given a silly gimmick that's the total opposite of what he is or has done before. That seems like something a reasonable person would do.

Talentless is just an odd way of describing someone that hasn't botched, or has displayed an inability to do wrestling in a safe and logical manner, btw.

I'm not even sure why I'm replying because you wrote him off as soon as he beat Strickland so you've already made up your mind, clearly. :lol. Oh well.

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,218 Posts
Imagine judging someone based on so little matches. Since when is that a proper and fair way to cast judgement on someone. If a government sent out a questionnaire/census and then only looked at the votes from a small town, not even looking at the rest of the country, it wouldn't be a very accurate questionnaire, would it? No, you need a pretty big amount to fairly judge someone's ability, especially when 99% of their career isn't what you have seen. But no, let's throw a logical conclusion out of the window because of 3-5 matches, because that make sense.

Geez. All you have to do is ask what are his best matches but no, let's write him off because he was thrown into the deep end debuting with no background or reason to care and then given a silly gimmick that's the total opposite of what he is or has done before. That seems like something a reasonable person would do.

Talentless is just an odd way of describing someone that hasn't botched, or has displayed an inability to do wrestling in a safe and logical manner, btw.

I'm not even sure why I'm replying because you wrote him off as soon as he beat Strickland so you've already made up your mind, clearly. :lol. Oh well.
The fact that I'm still watching this guy's matches is me giving him a fair shake, I don't watch people that I don't like but I'm trying to figure out why this guy has fans or even got signed.

I don't need to watch a wrestler's entire career to determine if they have any talent, I don't even need to see a person have a good match to figure it out. I watch wrestling matches on a micro, moment by moment basis, I look for things like how believable their striking looks, how they sell, how they work their characters during the match, the creativity of their spots.

When I say talent I'm not talking about technical ability or crisp execution, I'm talking about their ability to make me buy into the fiction, doing things that looks like it hurts, doing things that make sense to their character's psychology and from everything I've seen he seems like a bog standard "wrassler". His look is generic, his character is non existent, he has no charisma, he hasn't even attempted to work the crowd, and from the couple of pre-tapes I've seen he's not even a good promo. I know they said he's been wrestling since he was 13 but he's so basic and lacking in identity he reminds me of those guys in the PC from non wrestling backgrounds.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,360 Posts
Trevor Lee's gonna have to change his look up now that he's in WWE, that look was fine for the indies and TNA, but he's in a national televised billion dollar company now, small plain black trunks and kickpads and being hairy aint a good look, Vince wont take him serious at all.

He just has a very indy look to him, he's gonna have to upgrade like Rollins did, Rollins ditched his indy look and it worked out great. Colorful weird trunks and band t shirts didn't exactly scream main eventer or top guy, getting a more polished and put together slick look helped him.

1641 - 1660 of 1662 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.