Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1621 - 1640 of 1662 Posts

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Io shouldn't lose another big match. Her heel turn has been great, so they need to fun with it.

Rhea should be in this match over Mia imo, no question. And Shayna needs to lose that title soon. Freshen things up for the move to live TV.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,360 Posts
Wait so let me get this straight, Dunne waltzes back into NXT and just gets handed a NA title match, but Rhea shows up challenging Shayna and she just gets a 1 on 1 non title match? and now we got a triple threat number 1 contenders match of everyone Shayna has already beaten getting yet another title opportunity? wtf?

I don't get why Rhea is just getting a one off non title match on the weekly show while 3 other women Shayna has already beaten is getting another title opportunity. Rhea vs Shayna is without a doubt a Takeover worthy match why are we just getting it on the weekly show and non title no less? its fucking stupid.

And as for the triple threat Io aint winning ya'll can forget that, Candice will screw her over, and Mia aint getting another title match this soon, its obviously gonna be Bianca's overrated ass cause they've clearly been building her back up these past few months. And Bianca will lose once again and she'll get called up, and Shayna's reign of terror continues so i don't even have the patience to bother watching that bullshit cause i can see how it all plays out a mile away.

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,218 Posts
Who were those ghey French guys Breezango beat? I thought they were local jobbers but their Twitter names have WWE in them. Has HHH completely lost all standards when it comes to signing people.

*Sees Cameron Grimes*
Yes, yes he has.

What was the point of Dream vs Kona? Either showcase Kona and build him as a threat or have Dream squash him, but a ho hum match does nothing for either.

Bianca vs Taynara is the example that Dream/Reeves should have followed. Taynara looked better than I've ever seen her, she should stick with the striking because her Judo throws haven't been very impactful.

Tried to watch Smyles vs Cole, wasn't feeling it. Can they banish this jabroni to NXT UK?

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,360 Posts
Why is Tegan Nox going to NXT UK? that womens division is already stacked, NXT's womens division needed her more, all we got as of right now in terms of faces are Candice and Mia.

·
Custom User Title
6,555 Posts
Why is Tegan Nox going to NXT UK? that womens division is already stacked, NXT's womens division needed her more, sorry was watching NXT UK and just saw where they said she debuts next week.
There are rumors Toni Storm is injured or taking a leave of absence on NXT UK. Which leaves them down a major babyface.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,360 Posts
There are rumors Toni Storm is injured or taking a leave of absence on NXT UK. Which leaves them down a major babyface.
Well i mean they still got Piper Niven, Xia Brookside, Isla Dawn and Killer Kelly if they'd push her, thats more faces than NXT has with just Mia and Candice.

·
Custom User Title
6,555 Posts
i just wanted to say congrats to rhea ripley for being the dumbest person in nxt right now, costing herself a title shot opportunity.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
i just wanted to say congrats to rhea ripley for being the dumbest person in nxt right now, costing herself a title shot opportunity.

Between Io celebrating Candice beating up Duke & shafir instead of focusing on Shayna; Mia acting all arrogant when she had Shayna to herself not realizing that Shayna was already highly successful on her own long before Duke & Shafir arrived; and Rhea intentionally getting herself DQ'd. Why does everyone who wrestles Shayna Baszler always end up looking like they have an IQ of 10?

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
They made Rhea look like a total imbecile with that finish. But then again, pretty much all of Shayna's opponents seem to lose about 50 IQ points at least just so she can win.

Now IF Rhea gets into the title picture anyway, then ok. but if this is it, then wow was that a lame "payoff" to that confrontation that everyone was hyped for.

·
Registered
24,566 Posts
New Show Review:

*I like Priest's look and in ring style, but something's not clicking right now in the ring. I think we need to see more vignettes with the guy. That's what got me initially interested in NXT.

*We all knew Gargano's decision like a month ago so this didn't have too much of an emotional impact. Though I do appreciate his passion for NXT and you see how much the crowd respects him.

Thorne has to work on his promos. Felt like he mumbled through half of it. And with Gargano sticking around, he should work with guys like Thorne and help elevate them. Just keep him away from the title.

*Garza vs. Dunne was pretty good. Dunne is just so good, and Garza just has this charisma about him, he instantly connects with the crowd. Kind of felt like the guys got lost a couple times, but a solid match that I want to see more of in the future.

*Grimes vs. Mendoza was fine. I'll be interested to see how Grimes sticks out in NXT with everyone else already there.

*The stuff with Regal and Candice really didn't make sense. Candice storms in, saying Io shouldn't be given this opportunity given the stuff she's pulled. Which is right to an extent, but Io did beat her at Takeover, which is why she's in this match, right?

Well, than Regal says she can't disagree with her. So.....why did you put Io in the match to begin with? And then he puts Candice in the match next week. So.....why didn't you just put her in there from the beginning?

Again, didn't make sense.

*I liked Rhea vs. Shayna for as short as it was. I liked the spot where Rhea got caught in the ropes and Shayna attacked her leg. And one thing I really liked was how much Rhea sold Shayna's choke. Made that move feel dangerous.

The finish was made so no one took a pin yet which kind of sucks. But it does look like Rhea will be a fixture in NXT for good, which is great to see. And despite the underwhelming finish, the crowd was hot for Rhea at the end. She's still a work in progress, but she's already got a star quality to her.

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts
Kinda underwhelmimg episode to finish the NXT run on the network (at least exclusively).

Missed the Priest match because stream was fucking up,

Gargano staying was expected, but Thorne wouldn't be my first choice of guy he can work to elevate, Thorne is really not that ionteresting and he is too low on the totem pole, feels more like a demotion to Johnny than a promotion to Thorne.

Garza/Dunne was fine, although it felt a little messy, like their styles didn't mixed well at points. And I am sorry but I am not buying the finger snapping as Dunne's finisher submission now, I've seen him use that too much with no effect that it costs me buy it as a finisher.

The whole Candice/regal stuff was just a clusterfuck, just like the match will be. I kinda lol'd a bit at Regal having no problem in making it a 5 way, like, this is not the NXT of old :lol.

Shayna/Rhea didn't do anything for me and the finish, as many pointed out, was dumb af. I wish that commentary at least would have tried to play it like Rhea's inexperience and youth made her cost herself a chance for a title match, but instead they were kinda praising her actions.

Finally, I don't know if it was a coincidence or not but I found funny that Nigel called Rhea "a paradigm shift" with NXT facing AEW soon.

Also, I liked the UE promo at the end, making fun of VD's burned couch

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Already don't like this idea of Gargano not going anywhere. No, it's time for him to go. He'd be perfect for Smackdown and I really think it's time for a major position shift on faces for NXT. I'm already getting tired of not seeing Keith Lee enough on this show, and he's the one I want pushed the most.

Gargano has done enough. Don't make him the face of NXT when NXT should always have a constant transition.

I expect a 3 way or 4 way for the women's title sooner or later. It's going to come down to multiple contenders all wanting it at the same time.

Didn't expect Rhea to win anything as I already had a feeling it was too soon and sudden to think that would happen. So I'm actually not surprised at all. Shayna also gave her more trouble than she'll get credit for.

I get the feeling Roddy is actually going to beat Dream for that NA title. It may help Roddy only a little, but I think it definitely would get everyone begging that someone beat him as soon as possible. I doubt Roddy would be a popular champion.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Watching last week’s episode, there are a few things I need to get off my chest.
1: Maybe it’s me, but I really don’t understand the Damien Priest character. He looks like a washed-up
rocker combined with some satanic priest and is booked really strong, but I just can’t connect with the
guy. Anyone else has the same problem?

2: Angel Garza got his fair share of attack against Pete Dunne. I think he is fun to watch, but he looks
like someone who will be booked a comedy act in the near future, even though he has reasonable talent.
Only one person could make ‘Latino Heat’ work and unfortunately he died a few years ago. Garza, in his
current gimmick, won’t make it.

3: The whole Rhea Ripley vs Shayna Baszler match was… weird. Rhea, with her screaming, selling and
emotions looked like she really tried to make this match work, while Shayna… Well… Let’s just say her lack
of wrestling ability really showed. It almost looked like Shayne was constantly thinking what to do next, like
a dancer practicing the Cha-Cha for the first time.

The finish of the match was complete rubbish. The match should’ve ended before Rhea got the DQ because
of outside interference. Shafir attacked Rhea, but got knocked down. That should’ve been a DQ already, but
for storyline purposes (probably), they just ignore that part.
This was probably done to display Rhea as a badass MoFo, who doesn’t care to get disqualified as long as she
can fight, but to me it completely misses this point and simply made her look like a complete dumbass since it
costs her a shot at the title.

1621 - 1640 of 1662 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.