Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 140 of 1662 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
-I like that they are not just letting this Aleister Black mugging just go by the wayside. I think diving into all the possible culprits and William Regal launching a "full investigation" will help a lot of the talent flush their characters out more over the coming weeks.

-The Gargano promo was good for the progression of his character and the storyline. You can see the frustration. You can see he's lost and he's let angst consume him. I really think its interesting how he's turning into the one things he 'hates' the most (also love how this keeps the Aleister Black thing open because he never gave Regal a definitive answer. No man is ever truly good, no man is ever truly evil - should they choose to explore or revisit that feud later). I loved Velveteen interrupting and pretty much claiming to be the steal the show at NXT Takeover. Clearly he didn't steal the show but it works for the narcissistic/vain components of his gimmick. That should be a fun match.

-I thought Dakota and Aliyah was fine for what it was worth. Not the strongest performance by Dakota IMO (because I know what she's capable of) but it served its purpose. Aliyah did really well to me, it might be the best I've seen her. Aliyah seems to be getting toward that Elias and Bo Dallas level of "go away" heat for some odd reason. I like her though, I think she could be valuable in NXT/WWE.....sidenote, I think I'm in love with Dakota Kai. She does the girl-next-door thing so effortlessly.

-Forgotten Sons have arrived finally. They give me SAMCRO vibes but I like it so long as it doesn't turn into anything crazy like TNA did with Aces and Eights. I'm willing to see where they go with this. I'm a huge fan of stables. Most excited to see how Wesley Blake's character progresses. NXT seems to do well with repackaging folks.

-The Nikki, Bianca, and Regal segment was fun.....I did think that Nikki was teetering the line of being in character and being ridiculously over the top even for her unhinged character but truth be told, I like that it got to show her in different setting and overemphasizes how much of a screw loose she is. Also loved Bianca coming in there and regulating even while Nikki was still doing her thing. Bianca's demeanor during the segment was great. She pretty much carried it like 'I don't care how crazy you think you are but I'm he EST and I aint come in here for your nonsense, even if you were meeting with Regal before I was'. Sets up for what could be a cool little feud from two performers from seemingly polar opposite ends of the spectrum.

-Lars and EC3 is fine by me. Gives them both something to do. EC3 shouldn't have been dry snitching on Lars if he didn't want those problems. This feud won't culminate to an in-ring clinic but this could be a very bitter and intense rivalry given how proficient both guys are with a mic in their hands........and good lord, Lars was out there destroying my guy Raul Mendoza (who I think has a very bright future in NXT, hopefully he gets some run in NXT UK as well. I think there could be an interesting dynamic there). Lars is real-life a gargoyle.

-Ciampa cut a great promo backstage. Good to see him getting to do something outside of the confines of this DIY/Gargano-related storyline. Hopefully, he gets to do some work away from Gargano and sink himself in other feuds to show that his character stand without the DIY stuff (which I'm sure it can and will). Him talking about being a sports entertainer as opposed to a wrestler, being the one to make NXT the A-show, all of the he was saying was golden material to me.

-BASK TIME. Keith Lee is Keith Lee. Didn't think the WWE would let him use the Spirit Bomb then BOOM, Spirit Bombed a guy that looks to be at least 250 lbs. They're letting him show his stuff in these semi-squash matches and also showing the fact that he is willing to sell for his opponents so he doesn't look like such an overly dominant powerhouse. The/his future is dare I say, LIMITLESS....and I've never heard of Luke Menzies before tonight but I'm willing to check out his stuff. Seems a bit on the green side but he's fairly new to the game so I look forward to tracking his development.

-Love that Oney and Burch got a vignette. I dig that team a lot (Ones and Twos, idk if that's the their name or not but that's what I've been calling them). I hope they are able to float between NXT and NXT-UK. They worked hard to get themselves over as a tag-team, almost Revival-esque but as faces. I hope the promoters reward them for their efforts in some capacity.

-Main event was really good. Planted the seed for a Ricochet and Dunne, which will blow the roof off the joint whenever this match happens. Also, showed TUE for what they are, some cool a** dudes who know how to capitalize on even the most minute of transgressions. Glad they did use the freebird rules every so often. It also was good to see the hyena-like nature of TUE how they attack when their opponents are already vulnverable. War Machine and TUE willl be fun as well. I'm more excited about this NXT tag-team feud than I have been since American Alpha-Revival.

Great show overall for me. I'd give it an 8.7 out of 10.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
A bit on the late side with NXT this week, nothing major happened though...

A very segment and promo heavy episode, unsurprisingly a lot of treading water as the next Takeover is a good few months away.

My favourite part was the Nikki segment tbh, I couldn't help but laugh, her reaction as soon as Bianca mentioned title was hilarious.

Main event was well paced, still struggling to get behind Undisputed Era as a unit though, they have failure written all over them.

·
Registered
104 Posts
wish i could get excited for keith lee but it's hard to knowing that he will probably be fucked once he get's on the main roster and don't give me that "he's a big guy, vince will love him" bullshit because he may be big but he also black and black wrestlers do have to fight a serious uphill battle to be taken serious by vince.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
I haven't watched the whole episode for this week but I did just check out Dakota's match.

I think Aliyah got WAY too much offense in it, and her restholds were way too lengthy. Dakota got barely any offense at all. I love her kicks and her finisher though.

LOL at like two people in the crowd chanting for Aliyah and everyone else just going "sucks!" :lol

I'm glad to see my girl getting a win, go Team Kick! :)

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,300 Posts
wish i could get excited for keith lee but it's hard to knowing that he will probably be fucked once he get's on the main roster and don't give me that "he's a big guy, vince will love him" bullshit because he may be big but he also black and black wrestlers do have to fight a serious uphill battle to be taken serious by vince.
Yeah he has a big hill to climb on the main roster since he's black, fucking company is racist. The Rock will go down as the only black WWE champion and its only cause he looks more samoan than black.

And how much you wanna bet Vince makes him put on a shirt? Just look at Killian Dain how ridiculous he looks now. Seems like Samoa Joe is the only fat guy Vince allows to go shirtless.

·
The face that runs the List
10,753 Posts
Yeah he has a big hill to climb on the main roster since he's black, fucking company is racist. The Rock will go down as the only black WWE champion and its only cause he looks more samoan than black.

And how much you wanna bet Vince makes him put on a shirt? Just look at Killian Dain how ridiculous he looks now. Seems like Samoa Joe is the only fat guy Vince allows to go shirtless.
To be fair, Keith's stretch lines are a bit off-putting.

·
SLAVE.
3,384 Posts
New NXT.

– Mr Regal putting in all these resources to find out who attacked Black in the carpark yet we still have no clue who attacked Itami in the car park three years ago. Could they be the same person?! I really hope it isn’t Lars Sullivan…

– No interest in a Gargano/Dream feud at all, sorry.

– Did Aliyah have a wig on? The match itself was all over the place and the finish came out of nowhere but I’ll take a Dakota Kai victory.

– So Forgotten Sons make their NXT Debut next week? I’ve heard a lot of good stuff about these guys for what feels like a million years on NXT house shows, I guess they needed to get Sanity out of the way before they debuted them. Steve Cutler really has transformed for this role, I remember when he had those weird mutton chops and was billed as some ex marine which seemed to have him destined for greatness but he just fell off the map, I guess the same for the other Murphy brother, from Tag Team Title dominance to the forgotten brother, hence the name of the team I guess.

– Keith Lee with that crappy music and weird beard vs random English jobber? This was pretty bad, Lee should have just hit the Spirit Bomb out of the gate and they should have moved on.

– Nice video package for Burch and Lorcan. Weird NXT got them over and then just forgot all about them, even with that video package I’ve lost faith they’ll ever do them true justice.

— Main event was fine, just a little bored of Undisputed Era, it never feels like they are evolving.

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts
Hawaiian Okada :buried

·
Custom User Title
6,554 Posts
I don't think it'll happen, but I can't shake the feeling they may put the title back on Shayna, especially with Marina and Jessamin working the house show circuit with her.

It would be an INCREDIBLY bad idea, but even NXT isn't infallible to bad booking.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I guess we'll get Shayna VS the Pirate Princess at Evolution. I agree it would be very weird to put the title back on her. Unless maybe they did an angle where she wins it back at Evolution and post-match announces she's been called up to main roster...or something along those lines.

·
Custom User Title
6,554 Posts
I guess we'll get Shayna VS the Pirate Princess at Evolution. I agree it would be very weird to put the title back on her. Unless maybe they did an angle where she wins it back at Evolution and post-match announces she's been called up to main roster...or something along those lines.
All that would do is bury the division. It would be the Asuka angle except worse. Because Shayna has never made anyone look even remotely credible at the end of the day. She steamrolled through the division quicker than Asuka ever did, and made them look SIGNIFICANTLY worse in the process.

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
11,033 Posts
Dream v. Failure was a really good match.

121 - 140 of 1662 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.