Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 1662 Posts

·
Custom User Title
6,555 Posts
Yeah, I feel like the only title that will change hands at the upcoming Takeover is most likely the NXT Women's title. They like having one big babyface moment each year, and that would be the best one. No offense to Ricochet fans, of course. I feel like Cole will drop the title the same night that The Undisputed Era drop the tag titles.

Triple H brought it up during the media call today, and he outright said that Brooklyn this year is basically their version of Wrestlemania.

Yo, Kairi completely fucking murdered Aliyah in that match. It ruled. I saw shades of her Lucha Underground persona there.

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
11,044 Posts
That Cole/Ricochet promo package got me f*cking pumped :mark::mark::mark::mark: Cole sold the feud with that, he's gotta pull through.

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,620 Posts
Nice solid main event. Nothing too blow away from a wrestling standpoint but highly enjoyable nonetheless.

The EC3 vs Dream segment was decent and the parking lot segment was amusing to say the least. The rest was highly forgettable.

·
Registered
49 Posts
This to me is why NXT is fucking good, because they turned a negative into a positive and made this Aleister Black injury into a storyline.

I have a hard time believing that the culprit will play a role into the ending of the Gargano-Ciampa match.

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
11,044 Posts
" Ricochet is good, some days he may even be great but he isn't special. Adam Cole is special " :banderas

·
Registered
24,566 Posts
New episode thoughts:

Opening tag was fine for what it was. The Mighty heel turn was what they needed but I'm still not invested in them. Ford and Dawkins are still entertaining though.

That is how you make sweet, adorable Kairi look like a killer. By busting out the Brock Lock, 3 Diving Elbows, and The Anchor while staring down Shayna at the same time. That same submission is how she should win the title.

The Cole vs. Ricochet promo made the most out a feud that hasn't had too much interaction between the participants.

The Dream and EC3 promo duel was the perfect mix of weird charisma for me.

Gotta say, as bummed as I am that Black is out of Saturday's match, that Gargano vs. Ciampa video package was just the best. The image of Johnny saying "my dream is to be NXT Champion" only to go straight to a shot of Ciampa holding the title was brilliant.

Bate vs. Strong had a lot of great transitions. Solid match overall.

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
Decent go-home show. Beginning was what it was. I can't really get into the Street Profits or The Mighty.

Kairi vs. Aliyah. Kairi killed her. I wonder if Kairi is looking too strong though? Commentators tried to make it seem Shayna was insecure but she didn't look it herself. Then again, they also showed Bianca getting ready to return and they did so for a reason. She won't be challenging Shayna, that's for sure. Confusing. :shrug

Velveteen and EC3 segment was fun. This is what's been missing all along. Though EC3 laying out Velveteen basically tells us he's losing on Saturday.

Gargano and Ciampa video was great. Teased Johnny going back into Johnny Wrestling mode but definitely still showed his descent into madness. I still can't see Ciampa dropping the title now. It's way too early. I'm still predicting they both leave on stretchers.

Bate vs. Strong was good, but I was expecting a bit better from them. Bate winning definitely means Undisputed is retaining on Saturday. NXT doesn't give as much away with these go-home shows but that's more obvious now.

So yeah, it really seems that only the women's and NA titles have a chance of changing on Saturday. At least one title has to change and there needs to be a big babyface moment. It won't be Gargano in this state.

·
Custom User Title
6,555 Posts
I wouldn't look into the Kairi looking TOO strong thing too much, Jedah. There have been a lot of complaints about how she has no edge or anything. This was before the latest set of tapings as well. I imagine WWE put her over Aliyah so strong because A) Aliyah is a fucking loser who will never amount to anything (she's been working the coconut circuit for 3 years, which should tell you her ceiling in NXT), and B) They wanted to show a more brutal side of Kairi to silence some critics.

Also keep in mind that NXT generally doesn't fall into the same traps that the main roster does when it comes to creative/go home shows.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,360 Posts
Tyler Bate vs Roderick Strong was pretty damn good for what it was, Tyler Bate is almost incapable of having a bad match, and with Tyler winning it pretty much all but confirmed Mustache Mountain is losing at Takeover, as most expected anyways, but giving Tyler this win just confirmed it that much more.

Good to see Street Profits back on NXT, still don't know why they aren't the champions yet or at least in contention for the titles, these guys are crazy over and they've been on NXT a pretty good while now.

Lol wtf was that stupid detective who done it segment with Cathy Kelly? So they pretty much told us the entire roster is potential suspects considering they showed nearly the entire roster hanging outside right when it happened.

Kairi Sane vs Aliyah was alright, good to see Kairi showing more intensity, really hoping she wins the title at Takeover. But on another note can they PLEASE keep Shayna off of the commentary team? Shes straight up awful, its always awkward when shes on there, she has no idea how to naturally bounce off the other commentators and she always sounds like shes barely speaking into the mic. Just stop having her talk all together please.

I loved the EC3 and Velveteen Dream segment, so much better than their awful segment from last week, they had a good back and forth and Dream's facial expressions and selling of what EC3 was saying was brilliant, especially the fanny pack part lol. And the fight was great, really good intensity and gave me hope for their match at Takeover which i was thinking was gonna be a dud.

·
All good things must come to an end.
14,111 Posts
Another good episode this week. Enjoyed pretty much every segment & match. Bate vs. Roddy was the highlight of course, love both of those guys when it comes to ring ability, and they very rarely let me down. I still can't believe how good Bate is for his age, man, it blows my mind. That guy is going to go really far.

EC3/Dream segment was good, I'm still not sure how good the match-up will be, but it might surprise me. EC3 doesn't blow me away as a ring talent, he's just okay, but Dream is really good, and I reckon they could produce something good. I'm stoked for it either way, it's a cool match & the feud has been different.

It's good to see Kairi on a role lately, let's hope she wins the Title at Takeover. I'm not a huge fan of Shayna to be honest, the Women's Title scene needs some life back into it. Kairi is one of my favourites in NXT, so It'd be satisfying to see her win.

The Ciampa and Cole packages were good to build-up their respective matches.

Really looking forward to Takeover on Saturday. Should be a good time. Definitely feels more like a Big 4 than Summerslam does.

Reactions: Showstopper

·
JANUARY 5TH
4,117 Posts
EC3 just showed the difference between the two in that segment. Way better promo and talent. He should go over and get promoted to the main roster quickly.

Cole was also perfect. He certainly caries the feud.

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Another average episode of NXT, the last three weeks have felt so lazy, very disappointing build for Takeover.

Street Profits vs The Mighty was ok for what it was, the problem I have with these two teams is that Street Profits are fun to watch but their character work is unbearable at times, while The Mighty work better as heels but their character work is still bland.

More mixed opinions towards Kairi Sane...I loved the interaction between her and Shayna when she delivered the three elbows and submission; however yet again I found problems in some of her character work. There was a part of the match where Kairi pointed at Shayna as if Shayna was intimidating her from the announce table...Shayna though was just sitting there minding her own business, very weird. That plank walk gets worse everytime I see it, Kairi produced it like she was drunk. The main problem I have with Kairi is that she doesn't come across as a badass, all this intensity feels so forced, I just can't take her seriously when she still acts like a complete goof.

EC3 pissed all over Dream in that segment, I thought that was the blandest promo Dream has ever cut. I just can't get behind this match, it's just a very uninteresting matchup.

Cathy Kelley :done as for that Black attack video package what was with all the arrows pointing at the Wrestlers :lol

Bate vs Strong was ok but they've produced better, some of the transitions were great though, so smooth, the finish though was a bit anticlimactic.

For the first time in ages I'm not pumped for an NXT Takeover event, it's likely to deliver but right now I'm only really excited for one match and that's Undisputed Era vs Moustache Mountain.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
To be fair, they've had a few stumbling blocks in the build-up to this event. Black got injured and Ricochet hasn't worked a match in nearly two months for unspecified reasons so that obviously hurt the NXT and NA title matches as far as the build went. Most of the build to the tag match was already done in June/July so there wasn't much required there in the last episodes leading to their rubber match. I do think they could have done more with the women's match, but Shayna has had to carry that feud on her own though since Kairi's English is worse than Asuka's or Nakamura's even, and EC3/Dream, though. It's still an exceptional card, just a shame that they've had things to work around that they usually don't have to which clearly affected the initial plans.

Will chime in later with some thoughts on last night's episode.

·
SLAVE.
3,384 Posts
Just watched this week’s NXT TakeOver go home show.

I guess by conventional standards this wouldn’t be considered a good show as it was mostly just video packages and that Black segment but I cannot deny the high quality of both. I just hope Black has some involvement in the TakeOver match as otherwise he really got screwed by NXT here.

Talking about the main event, I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised by how great this was given the talent of the workers in the ring, but they didn’t get a huge amount of time to work with and it still had to integrate all the shenans, yet they still hit some lovely stuff in the time they had. I am assuming BSS are gonna be the centre piece of NXT UK and so they are losing at Brooklyn, which is why Bate got the win here.

Also weird they’re doing Gibson/Dunne again next week.

60,001 Posts
I loved intense Kairi and the Ciampa/Gargano promo package. I just do not fell Dream/EC3 which surprises me a bit. My money is on Candice as the perpetrator of the attack on Aleister. Bate vs Roddy was good but not great. This show was fine but I've seen much better from NXT.

·
Superduper
5,989 Posts
I liked that episode and I'm excited for Takeover. Although the results of at least two matches are all but confirmed, which is always a shame.

I really like Roderick Strong as a wrestler, but as a character/talker, he seems out of place in Undisputed Era. His promos almost always feel forced and over-acted.

I hope once Bobby is back at a 100%, they unceremoniously kick him out of the group. Which would make him look like the biggest idiot in history of course, but still. I think Roddy just works way better as a babyface who just wrestles. And limits the talking.

21 - 40 of 1662 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.