Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Ω Champion
4,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NJPW announced a show in England on August 31st with Ospreay, Okada etc. As of right now, they're at 6,500 tickets sold with 7,500 being a legitimate sellout and being very likely since they have almost 3 months to sell 1,000 tickets. WWE, in their infinite knowledge, thought NJPW had only sold 2,000 tickets so they announced a show going head-to-head directly with the NJPW show.

It's basically a Triple H dick measuring contest, he wanted to outdraw NJPW with NXT U.K, not realizing that they're nearing 7,000 tickets.

When NJPW/ROH sold out Madison Square Garden, NXT was forced to move a day earlier because they did NOT want the perception going around that NXT got outdrawn by NJPW going head-to-head during Wrestlemania weekend.

Perception is enormous for Paul and he doesn't want NXT to seem less popular than other brands.

· Registered
15,020 Posts
NXT UK is the drizzling shits. What money match could they have main event it? Walter vs Dunne is finished. You're telling me the could build up a worthy competitor by then from the current roster?

Maybe if they could sign Barrett or even Rampage Brown for the match it might have some interest. Nobody currently on the roster would put any asses in the seats drawing against the NJPW card.

· The Empire will Reign again
18,485 Posts
NXT UK is the drizzling shits. What money match could they have main event it? Walter vs Dunne is finished. You're telling me the could build up a worthy competitor by then from the current roster?

Maybe if they could sign Barrett or even Rampage Brown for the match it might have some interest. Nobody currently on the roster would put any asses in the seats drawing against the NJPW card.
The NXT UK women are great though, since the show isn't drawing anyway maybe WWE should experiment with a female led show?

· Roy "Gambit" Mustang
35,718 Posts
Wales are playing Ireland in the rugby. Yeah that ain't going to go well. Fuck trains might be a nightmare too for nxt UK. Wonder what coaches will be like

· All Out
Penta El Presente Nombre Is 1 Name Change Away From Being Johnny Penta To Me Forever. TalentedAF Tho
3,116 Posts
I’d probably prefer going to the NJPW show than the NXT UK TakeOver show that day if I was in the area. I’ll be at All Out that day though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.