Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dark Match: Ilja Dragunov defeated Ashton Smith

Dragunov pinned Smith with the Torpedo Moscow.

Johnny Saint started the tapings by announcing a WWE UK title match between WALTER and Pete Dunne for NXT TakeOver: New York.

Tyler Bate defeated James Drake

Jordan Devlin defeated Dee Moloney

Kassius Ohno came out and read a an apology off his phone to Ashton Smith, who he attacked at yesterday’s tapings.

Rhea Ripley defeated Xia Brookside

After the match, Ripley cut a promo saying that she is the most dominant woman in all of NXT UK. The debuting Piper Niven (aka Viper) came out to dispute that as the two had a staredown.

Mark Andrews and Noam Dar ended in a no contest

The referee held up the X sign and the match was stopped after a reverse rana. Dar looks like he injured his knee. Andrews was also stretchered out.

Pete Dunne and WALTER came out for a contract signing. Dunne says he wants the match as much as everyone in the building does.

Kenny Williams and Amir Jordan defeated Fabian Aichner and Marcel Barthel

Kay Lee Ray defeated Isla Dawn

Joe Coffey defeated Trent Seven

Coffey submitted Seven.

Travis Banks defeated Kassius Ohno

Piper Niven defeated Killer Kelly

After the match, Rhea Ripley came out. Niven invited her to the ring, but Ripley didn't oblige and left.

Joseph Conners defeated Jack Starz

Grizzled Young Veterans came out and acknowledged that Amir Jordan and Kenny Williams have a NXT UK team title shot in the future.

Toni Storm defeated Jinny to retain the NXT UK women’s title

Storm pinned Jinny with the Storm Zero to retain the title.
https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-results/nxt-uk-tv-taping-spoilers-piper-niven-ilja-dragunov-debut-277771

·
Registered
414 Posts
So 6 weeks until the next set of tapings and they only taped 3 episodes? Am I missing a taping or something? I guess they have 3 dark matches from the weekend for an extra episode but looks like 3 weeks without nxt uk. Seems bloody ridiculous they have a great show, quite likely pick up some new viewers and then they stop airing? Who needs momentum.

I expect they will air the worlds collide at rumble axess but didn't think it would at the expense of the uk show.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Looks like they are going back to 1 episode a weeek and grizzled young vets vs burch & lorcan does say it will happen at nxt uk phoenix tapings, which would be in 2 weeks so im guessing they'll tape a few episodes there.

Each main event looks good on paper though and hopefully we start to get a great main event every week.

·
Oh Becky Becky, Becky Becky Becky Becky Becky Lync
2,265 Posts
I love Kasey so I'm hoping her WOS deal is done and she'll become a regular now on NXTUK.

Always wondered what happened to her sister though? :shrug I believe she still wrestles but haven't heard about her in ages.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Looks like they are going back to 1 episode a weeek and grizzled young vets vs burch & lorcan does say it will happen at nxt uk phoenix tapings, which would be in 2 weeks so im guessing they'll tape a few episodes there.

Each main event looks good on paper though and hopefully we start to get a great main event every week.
Yep and while I love the double uk fix every week I am so far behind on 205!
I didnt cotton on to the axess taping. Makes much more sense. Still pissed there is no episode this week. Thought in the least there would be the usual nxt takeover dark matches with recaps and interviews everyone already saw on wwe.com.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Dunne vs Walter - Contains Spoiler

Just announced at the Coventry tapings that Pete Dunne will defend the UK Championship against Walter at...

Takeover New York :bjpenn

·
#BAYBAY
20,306 Posts
Re: Dunne vs Walter - Contains Spoiler

:sodone

BTW, here are yesterday's taping results:

Thanks to Eric Cunningham for the following WWE NXT UK TV tapings from today's tapings at the SkyDome Arena in Coventry, England. These will air over the next few weeks on the WWE Network, along with what they tape at the same arena on Saturday:

Episode 1:

* Ligero defeated Joseph Conners

* Nina Samuels defeated Charlie Morgan

* Wild Boar and Primate defeated Sam Stoker and Lewis Howley

* Jordan Devlin defeated Travis Banks in a Falls Count Anywhere match

Episode 2:

* Wolfgang defeated Flash Morgan Webster. Wolfgang beat Flash up after the match

* Amir Jordan and Kenny Williams defeated Tyson T-Bone and Saxon Huxley

* 205 Live Superstar Noam Dar cuts an in-ring promo and announces that his new home is with NXT UK. Good reaction for Dar. Mark Andrews interrupts and ended up laying Dar out with a superkick

* Kay Lee Ray defeated Candyfloss in a quick match

Episode 3:

* Eddie Dennis defeated Ligero

* Trent Seven and Tyler Bate come out for a quick promo to wake everyone up and to announce that they will be wrestling on Saturday's tapings

* Fabian Aichner and Marcel Barthel defeated Sam Stoker and Lewis Howley

* Kassius Ohno defeated Ashton Smith. Ohno got pops but tried to downplay them, the classic heel. After the win, Ohno attacked Smith and beat him up. This could air as the main event for the second episode, or not

* WWE UK Champion Pete Dunne and WALTER defeated Mark Coffey and Joe Coffey in the main event. Long match here but the crowd stayed hot. WALTER was busted open after a sequence with Mark I believe it was. After the match, WALTER put his boot on the WWE UK Title and prevented Dunne from picking it up. Dunne and WALTER had yet another staredown to end the tapings
https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/02/spoilers-wwe-nxt-uk-tv-tapings-from-222-651256/

So look's like Hero/Ohno is now going to be working in NXTUK.

·
Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over
5,464 Posts
Walter/Dunne will be insane at Takeover.

Will any other UK talent be on that show in anyone's opinion? Particularly hoping to see Moustache Mountain.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Two Debuts in toinght tapings:
Ilja Draganov and Viper (Piper Niven)

And BTW Viper and Rhea started Feud after Rhea beat Xia.

(So it means Rhea is staying on NXT UK after April as well and not going to NXT US?)

·
#BAYBAY
20,306 Posts

Will any other UK talent be on that show in anyone's opinion? Particularly hoping to see Moustache Mountain.
I don't think so. The best you'll get to see from NXTUK will be Dunne vs WALTER.

Few more spoilers from today, including a debut:

NXT UK is taping today from Coventry, England where Rhea Ripley defeated Xia Brookside. After the match, Ripley cut a promo about how she's the most dominant woman in NXT UK, but Viper (aka Piper Niven) cut her off and made her debut with NXT UK. The two would have a bit of a face-off with Viper cutting her own promo afterwards.

As noted, it was reported last month WWE had interest in Viper who participated in the 2017 Mae Young Classic.

Wrestling Inc. will have complete spoilers from today's tapings later.

The NXT UK tapings are being held in Coventry, England where Noam Dar took on Mark Andrews in one-on-one action.

During the match, Dar reportedly went for a reverse hurricanrana that caused a stoppage to the match. The referee put up the "X" signal, trainers checked on Dar and Andrews. Both were stretched out to the back.

It was announced yesterday Dar would be switching from 205 Live to the NXT UK brand as he was reportedly moving back to Europe to live full-time.
Hopefully Dar & Andrews are both ok.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts

I doubt it. But I suspect they will be involved with Fan Axxess over the weekend and might have a tapings there as well.

·
Registered
6,282 Posts
I still kind of want Rhea to be Asuka's Mania opponent myself. And it kind of feels like her work in NXT UK is done now, so perhaps it's time to move on?

WALTER vs. Dunne, YES PLEASE!!

·
#BAYBAY
20,306 Posts
Today's taping results:

* Ilja Dragunov defeated Ashton Smith (Dark Match)

* NXT UK GM Johnny Saint announces Pete Dunne will defend the WWE UK Championship at NXT TakeOver: New York.

* Tyler Bate defeated James Drake

* Jordan Devlin defeated Dan Moloney

* Kassius Ohno cuts a promo, reading an apology off his phone for Aston Smith.

* Rhea Ripley defeated Xia Brookside. Post-match, Ripley cuts a promo about being the most dominant woman in NXT UK, Viper (Piper Niven) makes her debut and comes out to the ring to face-off with Ripley.

* Mark Andrews vs. Noam Dark ends in a no contest. The referee threw up the "X" signal and both wrestlers would be stretched out.

* WWE UK Champion Pete Dunne and WALTER make their title match at NXT TakeOver: New York official.

* Kenny Williams and Amir Jordan defeated Fabian Aichner and Marcel Barthel

* Kay Lee Ray defeated Isla Dawn

* Joe Coffey defeated Trent Seven

* Travis Banks defeated Kassius Ohno

* Viper defeated Killer Kelly. Post-match, Ripley heads out, Viper invites her in the ring, but Ripley passes.

* Joseph Conners defeated Jack Starz

* NXT UK Tag Champs Zack Gibson and James Gibson cut a promo about Amir Jordan and Kenny Williams having a future title shot.

* Toni Storm (c) defeated Jinny (NXT UK Women's Championship)
https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/02/spoilers-wwe-nxt-uk-tv-tapings-from-coventry-223-651295/

·
Registered
414 Posts
So around 1500 in attendance each night? Arena looks half empty in the pictures.

So major misjudgment and disappointment on ticket sales and the venue or did they not release that many tickets to begin with?

·
Registered
24,487 Posts
Seems that commentary will be recorded live tonight rather than done in post-production.

Your dark match opener is Kassius Ohno against newcomer Oliver Carter. Strange to have Ohno in a dark match.
Ohno wins. Of course.

Confirmed for tonight is Kenny Williams & Amir Jordan vs. The Grizzled Young Veterans, Ligero vs. Jordan Devlin and Travis Banks vs. Joseph Conners.
Eight men will compete to qualify for a fatal four way to determine the number one contender to the NXT UK title.

A predictable result in the opener as Moustache Mountain defeat Primate and Wild Boar:

Joe Coffey – who gets a great reaction in his home town – takes on Flash Morgan Webster in the first four-way qualifier
Coffey wins to advance:

Nina Samuels beats Kasey Owens in short order then cuts a promo on Toni Storm after the match

Blimey, it’s time for the Pete Dunne vs. WALTER rematch right now!

WALTER retains the title thanks to assistance from Fabian Aichner and Marcel Barthel. Said to be a great match. It looks like we are getting a version of Ringkampf in NXT UK!

Jamie Hayter, one of the most exciting women on the UK scene (they just want everyone, don’t they?) makes her debut and loses to local hero Piper Niven (Viper)

Jordan Devlin def. Ligero to advance to the four-way. No surprises there.

Ilja Dragunov makes his NXT UK TV debut with an easy win over resident jobber Jack Starz.

Meanwhile, Amir Jordan has been attacked backstage, putting the tag team main event in jeopardy

Xia Brookside vs. Killer Kelly went to a no contest when Jinny and the debuting Jazzy Gabert interfered. The latter duo are now a unit.

Dave Mastiff becomes the third man to enter the title shot four-way, defeating Scotland’s own Wolfgang to progress. Gallus gave Mastiff a beating after the match.

The four-way for the title shot is set and the result is another entirely predictable one as Travis Banks defeats Joseph Conners. The four-way will be Joe Coffey vs. Jordan Devlin vs. Dave Mastiff vs. Travis Banks. My money is on Devlin following their incredible matches in OTT.

Rhea Ripley cuts an angry promo, with Piper Niven the focus of her attention. Sounds like they are building to a match tomorrow

With Amir Jordan out of the tag match main event, Noam Dar steps in to replace him. You could see this coming a mile off, particularly as the proposed headliner was never going to fly as a main event match on a card featuring Dunne vs. WALTER. The tag titles are up for grabs.

No title change to pop the locals – Gibson and Drake retain the belts against Williams and Dar.

Post-match (potentially a dark segment), Gallus come out to beat down Williams and Dar. Moustache Mountain makes the save. The cynic in me thinks its a PROGRESS getting one up on ICW on their home turf thing, but it’s probably not . . .

And in the dark match main event the babyfaces overcome as Kenny Williams (who got the pin), Noam Dar and Moustache Mountain beat Gallus and Grizzled Young Veterans.

Just to confirm Alexander Wolfe was backstage and is now with NXT UK but his debut is being saved for tomorrow.

That’s all folks, see you tomorrow.
They taped shows today and will do more tomorrow. Some highlights:

*There will be a 4 Way between Banks, Coffey, Mastiff, and Devlin to determine a new #1 Contender tomorrow.

*Dunne and Walter had their rematch and Walter won with help from Aichner and Barthel. Loos like they'll be doing some form of Ringkampf in NXT UK.

*Dragunov made his TV debut.

*Jinny and Jazzy Gabert are a duo.

*Noam Dar is OK and returned in the main event for the tag titles which he lost.

@Donnie, some things that might interest you.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts