Wrestling Forum banner

221 - 238 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Decent PPV for Night one. Sucks that MSK won that match was just excessively flippy & spotty and just felt like a joke to me. Pretty happy for Raquel I'd say but I'm still more looking forward to Xia Li's reign. I enjoyed Ciampa vs. Walter and Kushida vs. Dunne a lot.

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
What an opener. 10 minutes of amazing action. Kushida really proved himself tonight and Dunne can't put a foot wrong in his sleep.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
WOW, just WOW...what a PPV.

Chiampa/WALTER was problably the most hard hitting match on US ground in ages.
All the other matches were at least good, most of them great.

I need to do a 10k now to get rid of all the adrenaline!! And what a fucking difference a crowd makes. I am just so happy right now. Whoever watched any other wrestling show tonight really just hates WWE ;)

LETS BRING IT ON FOR NIGHT 2

·
The face that runs the List
11,490 Posts
Hopefully, this means that Shirai can move on to the main roster and get buried there while we can finally enjoy a meaningful reign on NXT with someone who can actually speak.

·
Registered
8,957 Posts
Dunne vs Kushida was amazing. Everything else was meh for me. Was excited for Walter vs Ciampa but I honestly liked Dunne vs Kushida better.

Night 2 seems like a better card. Looking forward to Gargano match, Adam Cole vs Kyle o reilly and will check out Balor vs Kross but don't have much high hopes for the match quality for the last one.

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Hopefully, this means that Shirai can move on to the main roster and get buried there while we can finally enjoy a meaningful reign on NXT with someone who can actually speak.
Did it really matter when Io consistently had great matches, consistently over etc.

Besides it's not like Gonzales is Flair on the mic. They'll probably turn her face and have her cut the cookie cutter promo about this being her dream since she was 8 years old blah....

·
The face that runs the List
11,490 Posts
Did it really matter when Io consistently had great matches, consistently over etc.
It does to me. I can't relate to a champion that (rarely) shouts in Japanese for a promo or speaks in a very broken English although she has lived in the US for years.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
As with Mania, night 1 was better overall.

Dunne/Kushida - ****
Gauntlet Match - ***1/2
Walter/Ciampa - ****1/4
Tag Title match - ***3/4
Gonalez/Shirai - ***1/2

221 - 238 of 238 Posts